IN IN - Ciera Breland Locklair 31, last seen in GA, POI husband Xavier Breland Jr, Carmel, 25 Feb 2022

The woman's family said Ciera had spent the night of Feb. 19 at her father's house, visiting with relatives. At some point, she asked her family if she could move back in, WAGA-TV reported. Nonetheless, she left the next day to visit her husband's family, her relatives said.
missingmom.jpg

Her husband initially told Indiana investigators on Feb. 26 that he'd last seen his wife the night before, at 10 p.m., when she left to walk to a nearby store, authorities said. She was wearing shorts and a tank top, the husband said, according to police. The temperatures that night in Carmel, Indiana, where the couple lived, were in the 20s, according to AccuWeather.

Last week, authorities in Johns Creek, Georgia, said they had determined the last sighting of Ciera was actually on Feb. 24 at 7:17 p.m., at an area home owned by Xavier Breland's mother. Investigators did not reveal the source of that information.

Now, Ciera's family said they fear she was never in the vehicle with her husband when he left for Indiana. Authorities also fear for the woman's safety.

“Obviously, she’s a mother of a 5-month-old baby. It’s not normal for her, specifically, not to be in touch with her family. So we’re deeply concerned that something happened and something’s wrong. This is not like her to disappear, she’s very close to her family, she talks to them all the time,” Johns Creek Police Lt. Deb Kalish told WXIA-TV.

Xavier Breland was booked into the Hamilton County Jail in Indiana on March 1, based on a warrant issued from Georgia's Coweta County, after Breland failed to appear at Feb. 24 arraignment on a felony charge of aggravated stalking, according to online court records. The charge stemmed from alleged harassment of Breland's ex-wife, who sought a restraining order against him, authorities said.
Missing Mother of 5-Month-Old Boy Was Last Seen at Her In-Laws' Home

Ciera Breland disappearance: Family pleas for mother-in-law's help in case

The long article is mostly a recap of previously known information with the addition of the fb post addressed to Ciera's MIL. Excerpt:

"R, we know Ciera was last seen at your home. As a mother, myself, I understand your pain," she wrote. "I’ve tried putting myself in your shoes and imagining if it were my son. What would I do? It would be a temptation to protect him. But in life, people make their own choices and have to clean up their own messes. I’m hoping you find your humanity and consider what you’d do if it were your daughter!"

In a Facebook group titled "Where is Ciera (Locklair) Breland" where details surrounding her disappearance are discussed and family, friends, and volunteers coordinate search efforts, Ciera’s former sister-in-law Lauryn Locklair made a direct appeal to Ciera's mother-in-law, whose house the 31-year-old mother was last seen.

"Imagine if it was your baby girl or your sister or your mother out there. Just out there somewhere without you being able to properly lay them to rest. I held her mother yesterday while she sobbed. Wondering the worst possible scenarios of what’s happening to her baby girl as she’s laying there," her post continued. "This is a mother’s worst nightmare and there’s no way you can even fathom this kind of heartbreak and pain unless you’ve experienced it."

AFAIK we've heard nothing but silence from XB's parents about the relationship or recent events between Ciera and XB. I believe XBs father lives in Carmel so he should have easy access to XB while he waits for extradition to GA.

JOHNS CREEK, Ga. - The investigation into disappearance of a 31-year-old Indiana mother continues as speculation builds behind the case.

Cierra Breland was last seen on the evening of Feb. 24 at her mother-in-law's home, the Johns Creek Police Department said. Ciera was visiting with her husband, 37-year-old Xavier Breland, with the couple's 5-month-old son, Jackson. It was the second leg of the family's swing through Georgia. That previous weekend, Ciera had visited her mother and father as well as her niece and nephew in Cleveland, Georgia.

More at Ciera Breland disappearance: Frequently asked questions about the case

Thanks for the updates and timelines. Much appreciated.
From GfC's link above: "Police said forensic investigators have combed over the vehicle in the course of the investigation for evidence and released the vehicle."
At least we know her car was found and processed by LE. Based on this statement, apparently nothing significant was found inside the car. Therefore, whatever happened to Ciera probably took place outside of the vehicle. MOO.

Do we know the probably route XB took back to IN from GA? IIRC there were several possibilities.

Thanks for the updates and timelines. Much appreciated.
At least we know her car was found and processed by LE. Based on this statement, apparently nothing significant was found inside the car. Therefore, whatever happened to Ciera probably took place outside of the vehicle. MOO.

Do we know the probably route XB took back to IN from GA? IIRC there were several possibilities.
This is the only thing I've seen about any of her routes:
"Their focus on Friday was two neighborhoods along Medlock Bridge Road where police believe Ciera may have traveled through during her stay in Georgia."

IIRC, in one of the John Lordan videos he mentioned three likely traffic routes from GA to IN, each about 500+ miles, so I am hoping credit/debit card receipts for gas might help indicate which of these three routes XB used to get back to IN. If we knew that, it might help narrow down the search locations slightly for Ciera. MOO.

XB has arrived at Coweta County Jail. Initially I thought it was a Low bond but I see now no bond on the failure to appear. Hopefully there will be charges filed against him soon regarding Ciera.

Police To Citizen

BRELAND, XAVIER VALENCIO

Age37
Gender MALE
Race BLACK
Height 6' 00"
Weight 160 lbs
Arrested 03/15/2022
Court date 12/25/2022
Primary charge 17-6-12 FAILURE TO APPEAR
Booking agency COWETA COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE
Total bond amount: $1,500.00

Charges
Name Description Status Docket Number Bond Type Bond Status Bond Amount
17-6-12 FAILURE TO APPEAR AWAITING TRIAL 21R1096 NO BOND ACTI $0.00
16-5-95 FAMILY VIOLENCE ORDER VIOLATION AWAITING TRIAL 21EW474 UNKNOWN ACTI $750.00
16-11-39.1 HARASSING PHONE CALLS AWAITING TRIAL 21EW475 UNKNOWN ACTI $750.00
Traits
Beard (Full)
Short
Scars Marks Tattoos
JAYLA TATT ON RIGH OF ARM
SPADE TATT ON RIGH OF ARM
DICE TATT ON RIGH OF ARM
MALICHI TATT ON LEFT OF ARM
LA TATT ON LEFT OF ARM

Dateline interviewed Ciera's parents. They don't mention any issues with XB, but they do say that Ciera wasn't happy in Indiana and that she planned to move back with them. Also, according to police, the Feb 24 video of her at her MIL's house doesn't show anything unusual.

31-year-old Ciera Breland vanished in Johns Creek, Georgia on February 24, 2022

Ciera, Xavier, the baby, and their full-sized white Goldendoodle, Baker, all packed into a 2017 White Volkswagen Tiguan with Georgia license plates and started the long drive from Indiana to Georgia first to visit with Ciera’s parents and then with Xavier’s mother.
Nick (Ciera's father) said Ciera texted him on Monday, February 21. “She sent me a message at 11:17 at night saying, ‘I'll be back in the morning if that's OK,’” Nick said. “And I said, ‘Of course it's OK, you don't have to ask.’”

The next day, when he hadn’t heard from Ciera, Nick said he reached back out to her and she said everything was OK, but that she had been feeling a little sick.

Nick said he reached out again on Wednesday asking Ciera how she was feeling. He didn’t get a response.

He said he texted again on Thursday, February 24. Again, no response.
Nick told Dateline once he learned his daughter had been reported missing, he called Xavier to get answers and got nowhere. He said he then called Xavier’s father who lives right next door to Ciera and Xavier in Carmel. “He said, ‘No. I never saw her,’” Nick said was the father’s response.

Last edited:
One of the clues could come from the video of her last sighting in Georgia. I wonder if the clothes she was seen wearing in the video have been accounted for. Perhaps that's why XB reported she left their Indiana home unsuitably dressed for the weather.

Based on all the timelines, it appears the last time that her close friends and family actually communicated with her was February 22, despite them trying to reach her multiple times. And I wonder if her Dad’s last conversation with her on 2/22 was text or actual call? It’s so strange that there is video of her at her Mother-in-Laws house in Johns Creek on February 24, according to police. I would have guessed that she went missing on February 22. Her mother-in-law has to know more info that could help police and the public find her.

“They also are concerned because her personal phone, her work phone, and a burner phone were all left behind along with her ID, credit cards, and the couple’s five-month-old son. Family members said she had the burner phone to contact them in case of an emergency.”
Personal, work, AND burner to contact families in emergencies!?! Emergencies! The personal and work don’t work for emergencies? I’m skipping past hinky and going straight to telling.

I am unclear as to where the baby and the dog are now. I assume the baby is with relatives, hers or his and is he in Georgia or Indiana? If the father is saying that all four of them left Georgia and headed back to Indiana then the dog and child should be in Indiana. If they are in Georgia, then he is saying that he and Ciera left the baby and dog in Georgia and went back to Indiana. What am I missing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back