IN IN - Ciera Breland Locklair 31, last seen in GA, POI husband Xavier Breland Jr, Carmel, 25 Feb 2022

Husband considered person of interest.

From the article:
The probable cause affidavit in the Feb. 28 incident also revealed that police searched the Baldwin Lane residence on Feb. 27, 2022—a day after Breland reported his wife missing. During that search, police recovered a pair of handguns along with ammunition. The items were seized as evidence.

The probable cause affidavit also revealed that the Feb. 27 search included the Christmas tree in the garage. An investigator had removed a shovel from the tree and placed it in the northwest corner. The investigator said a gun was not lodged in the tree, nor “did a gun fall out of the tree.”

Husband considered person of interest.

From the article:
The probable cause affidavit in the Feb. 28 incident also revealed that police searched the Baldwin Lane residence on Feb. 27, 2022—a day after Breland reported his wife missing. During that search, police recovered a pair of handguns along with ammunition. The items were seized as evidence.

The probable cause affidavit also revealed that the Feb. 27 search included the Christmas tree in the garage. An investigator had removed a shovel from the tree and placed it in the northwest corner. The investigator said a gun was not lodged in the tree, nor “did a gun fall out of the tree.”
He is one seriously scary dude. Stalking his ex-wife, threatening her with videos of missing women????? That's terrifying.

I hope, for that alone, they can convict him and keep him under lock and key for life. Lock and key and lock and key and lock amd key....

Domestic terrorism.

JMO

Just watched the "Disappeared" episode about Ciera. I noticed a couple of things I hadn't read before, but may have missed:

In this episode, they mention LE subpoenaed Ciera's cell phone data. It showed (didn't give date) Ciera's phone registered a mile from XB's mom's house by the Chattahoochee River. On March 1, 2022 a search was conducted in the river. According to LE her phone indicated she had been there an extended amount of time. Cadaver dogs, boats, LE and fire dept were there searching. Nothing was found.

The investigation into the route from Johns Creek to Carmel, IN showed the surveillance footage...no Ciera but saw XB as mentioned upthread.

LE mentioned to Ciera's mom that there are steep cliffs from Knoxville to Ohio..LE mentioned these cliffs are often used for others to throw people off (!)

Where did XB put you Ciera? The only way she will be found IMO is if XB talks unfortunately.
I just watched this episode. After reading here, googling etc I don't think she left GA alive. This is one controlling ill individual IMO.

I just watched this episode. After reading here, googling etc I don't think she left GA alive. This is one controlling ill individual IMO.
Based on the statements we have from MSM and LE, I agree with @swanniee11.

AFAIK there's no evidence indicating Ciera left the Atlanta area or arrived back in Carmel. Other than XB's claims of Ciera being 'kidnapped', there have been no known sightings of her in Carmel. Per MSM, the store she supposedly went to that night has no record of her being there and there's no security video showing her inside the store. In addition, I've seen nothing in MSM indicating that XB's father actually saw Ciera after the trip to GA.

It's been almost a year since anyone has seen or heard from Ciera, and IMO that fact alone speaks for itself.

All speculation and opinion:

I wonder if there is any way to find out when, and for how long, CLB’s phone pinged at/near the river? (and specifically where? - though I assume it was near where Abbott’s Bridge Rd crosses the Chattahoochee River)

Interesting to learn that LE searched near that location on 3/1. I had seen a helicopter flying over that area of the river on 3/2 that I posted about earlier in this thread.

Re: someone’s earlier question re: cctv, I believe there is a plate reader or traffic cam or cctv camera of some kind on the telephone pole next to the entrance to Northside Trucking (it’s at the corner of the small retail strip there, next to the granite store).

Oddly, if you use Google earth today and do a street view at that location, it shows 3 or 4 Johns Creek LE cars stopping traffic at that end of the bridge, almost as if something had just happened or a search was underway at the time of the street view recording (I have no clue when the actual Google earth street view recording was done, and the LE cars were not there when I checked an earlier Google street view of same location several months ago -- also reported in this thread).

It’s possible I suppose that XB did something with CLB on the way up to Indiana, but I highly doubt it. I got the impression that she was not seen at a gas station stop where XB alone got out of the Tiguan on the way back to Carmel. I think whatever happened, happened late that night (24th) / overnight (25th), likely at XB’s mom’s house. CLB was seen at door of the house at 7:17 pm on the 24th, and I’m guessing XB would’ve had to have left Johns Creek by around 2 pm the next day (25th) to have gotten back to Carmel by 10-11 pm that night (again, guessing at the time, but supposedly he reported her missing approx 24 hours after he arrived back home - and he reported her missing around 10-11 pm on the night of the 26th)

I read earlier (can’t find to link now) that whenever they visited XB’s mom, XB and CLB basically stayed in the bedroom with the door closed - almost as if he were keeping her there. I think something happened overnight on the 24th into the 25th, and that XB’s mom wouldn’t have necessarily known about it the morning of the 25th as she wouldn’t have normally been expecting to see CLB and the baby before leaving for work anyway (that’s obviously all speculation on my part, and I cannot find links to some of what I read way back when I was more active on this thread).

My guess is that sometime after CLB’s text to her father at 11:17 pm on the 21st (saying she would be coming home tomorrow, the 22nd), and her brief text response to him on the 22nd (saying she wasn’t feeling well), XB may have discovered that CLB was planning to take Jaxson and the dog and go back to her fathers - to stay. I’m also speculating that XB may not have known about one or more of CLB’s phones - or he may have somehow been able to access her recent texts. I think CLB may have had a personal phone, a business phone and a third, possibly burner phone, for her safety. XB may have discovered the phone and/or text communication indicating she was planning to take the baby and dog and leave.

I think CLB was trapped - as XB wouldn’t let her leave the house with their son Jaxson, and she wasn’t willing to leave the house without Jaxson. I’m guessing he had the phones and the car keys. So, I think (all speculation) that she may have briefly acted as if they could patch things up - maybe for a day or two - even looking at houses near Alpharetta in the Tiguan - but then he found out about her plans to leave

I’m guessing that XB may have put her in the river overnight on the 24th into the 25th, either from the bridge, or from just east/north of the bridge (there’s a two track storm maintenance road there that’s kind of hard to see), or from west / south of the bridge, somewhere near Abbott’s Bridge Recreation Area. I searched the Recreation area the day of the second organized search.

The reason I think she might be in the river is that if LE searched the east/north (storm line) area and the boat/recreation area with dogs, I think they would have come up with something, especially if that search was done as early as 3/1. They must’ve gotten those phone ping records pretty quick.

The conservation officers I spoke to (who just happened to be at the recreation area on the day of the second search) told me that they doubted she could be in the water at that location as that area of the river gets a fair amount of use (relatively speaking - tubing, a few fishermen, and people who just picnic or recreate at the Abbott’s Bridge Recreation Area), but idk. If she was perhaps in the missing black duffle (just a wild guess, pure speculation on my part - as CLB’s mom told me when I spoke to her that day in the Crunch Fitness parking lot that a large black duffle was missing), and if it was weighted down..(again, all pure speculation).

I wonder if some outfit like Adventures With a Purpose could do a search of the river at (and just downstream) of that location? At one time I assumed they’d get the elite Hall County Marine Rescue squad to search that area (maybe they did and I just don’t know about it ), but I read that that elite SAR outfit (mostly rescue) has lost about half its members recently over the county’s decision to repurpose the unit more toward using drones for recovery than toward active water/marine rescue ops (mostly Lake Lanier and the Chattahoochee River).

A note about the Hall County Marine Rescue unit: it’s based in Hall County, not Fulton or Gwinnett (which are on opposite sides of the river where Abbott’s Bridge Rd crosses), but the unit has always handled difficult Lake Lanier and Chattahoochee River rescues as far back as I can remember, and they are some very brave and talented people). The river is extremely dangerous imo. In addition to extremely dangerous quick-rising water when the Corps releases water from Lake Lanier (you only hear the sirens if you’re up near the dam, and the releases are not on a set schedule as they are based on lake water level), the water is faster than you think, deeper than you think, more filled with fallen trees and boulders than you think, is cloudier/muddier than you think, and has more drop offs than you think.

All the above (sorry such a long ramble) is pure speculation on my part and my own opinion. Just thinking out loud hoping it might help find Ciera

Last edited:
I wonder if there is any way to find out when, and for how long, CLB’s phone pinged at/near the river? (and specifically where? - though I assume it was near where Abbott’s Bridge Rd crosses the Chattahoochee River)
We would expect LE would have this phone information, but I don't think it's been mentioned in MSM. LE could be holding this information as part of the ongoing investigation. MOO.

I wonder if some outfit like Adventures With a Purpose could do a search of the river at (and just downstream) of that location? At one time I assumed they’d get the elite Hall County Marine Rescue squad to search that area (maybe they did and I just don’t know about it ), but I read that that elite SAR outfit (mostly rescue) has lost about half its members recently over the county’s decision to repurpose the unit more toward using drones for recovery than toward active water/marine rescue ops (mostly Lake Lanier and the Chattahoochee River).
SBM. AWP and similar groups use sonar to find vehicles with missing people underwater, so in this case their equipment would not be of help.

The husband of missing Indiana mother Ciera Breland is back in a Hoosier state jail cell. Xavier Breland, who remains the sole "person of interest" in her disappearance, was extradited from Georgiaback to Hamilton County, Indiana on unrelated charges on Wednesday.

Xavier was charged with unlawful possession of a firearm by a serious violent felon last November. He was booked into the Hamilton County Jail on Wednesday evening and made his first appearance the following afternoon.

All speculation and opinion:

Interesting to learn that LE searched near that location on 3/1. I had seen a helicopter flying over that area of the river on 3/2 that I posted about earlier in this thread.

Re: someone’s earlier question re: cctv, I believe there is a plate reader or traffic cam or cctv camera of some kind on the telephone pole next to the entrance to Northside Trucking (it’s at the corner of the small retail strip there, next to the granite store).

Oddly, if you use Google earth today and do a street view at that location, it shows 3 or 4 Johns Creek LE cars stopping traffic at that end of the bridge, almost as if something had just happened or a search was underway at the time of the street view recording (I have no clue when the actual Google earth street view recording was done, and the LE cars were not there when I checked an earlier Google street view of same location several months ago -- also reported in this thread).

It’s possible I suppose that XB did something with CLB on the way up to Indiana, but I highly doubt it. I got the impression that she was not seen at a gas station stop where XB alone got out of the Tiguan on the way back to Carmel. I think whatever happened, happened late that night (24th) / overnight (25th), likely at XB’s mom’s house. CLB was seen at door of the house at 7:17 pm on the 24th, and I’m guessing XB would’ve had to have left Johns Creek by around 2 pm the next day (25th) to have gotten back to Carmel by 10-11 pm that night (again, guessing at the time, but supposedly he reported her missing approx 24 hours after he arrived back home - and he reported her missing around 10-11 pm on the night of the 26th)

I read earlier (can’t find to link now) that whenever they visited XB’s mom, XB and CLB basically stayed in the bedroom with the door closed - almost as if he were keeping her there. I think something happened overnight on the 24th into the 25th, and that XB’s mom wouldn’t have necessarily known about it the morning of the 25th as she wouldn’t have normally been expecting to see CLB and the baby before leaving for work anyway (that’s obviously all speculation on my part, and I cannot find links to some of what I read way back when I was more active on this thread).

My guess is that sometime after CLB’s text to her father at 11:17 pm on the 21st (saying she would be coming home tomorrow, the 22nd), and her brief text response to him on the 22nd (saying she wasn’t feeling well), XB may have discovered that CLB was planning to take Jaxson and the dog and go back to her fathers - to stay. I’m also speculating that XB may not have known about one or more of CLB’s phones - or he may have somehow been able to access her recent texts. I think CLB may have had a personal phone, a business phone and a third, possibly burner phone, for her safety. XB may have discovered the phone and/or text communication indicating she was planning to take the baby and dog and leave.

I think CLB was trapped - as XB wouldn’t let her leave the house with their son Jaxson, and she wasn’t willing to leave the house without Jaxson. I’m guessing he had the phones and the car keys. So, I think (all speculation) that she may have briefly acted as if they could patch things up - maybe for a day or two - even looking at houses near Alpharetta in the Tiguan - but then he found out about her plans to leave

I’m guessing that XB may have put her in the river overnight on the 24th into the 25th, either from the bridge, or from just east/north of the bridge (there’s a two track storm maintenance road there that’s kind of hard to see), or from west / south of the bridge, somewhere near Abbott’s Bridge Recreation Area. I searched the Recreation area the day of the second organized search.

The reason I think she might be in the river is that if LE searched the east/north (storm line) area and the boat/recreation area with dogs, I think they would have come up with something, especially if that search was done as early as 3/1. They must’ve gotten those phone ping records pretty quick.

The conservation officers I spoke to (who just happened to be at the recreation area on the day of the second search) told me that they doubted she could be in the water at that location as that area of the river gets a fair amount of use (relatively speaking - tubing, a few fishermen, and people who just picnic or recreate at the Abbott’s Bridge Recreation Area), but idk. If she was perhaps in the missing black duffle (just a wild guess, pure speculation on my part - as CLB’s mom told me when I spoke to her that day in the Crunch Fitness parking lot that a large black duffle was missing), and if it was weighted down..(again, all pure speculation).

A note about the Hall County Marine Rescue unit: it’s based in Hall County, not Fulton or Gwinnett (which are on opposite sides of the river where Abbott’s Bridge Rd crosses), but the unit has always handled difficult Lake Lanier and Chattahoochee River rescues as far back as I can remember, and they are some very brave and talented people). The river is extremely dangerous imo. In addition to extremely dangerous quick-rising water when the Corps releases water from Lake Lanier (you only hear the sirens if you’re up near the dam, and the releases are not on a set schedule as they are based on lake water level), the water is faster than you think, deeper than you think, more filled with fallen trees and boulders than you think, is cloudier/muddier than you think, and has more drop offs than you think.

All the above (sorry such a long ramble) is pure speculation on my part and my own opinion. Just thinking out loud hoping it might help find Ciera
All my own opinion.

So given legalmomma's post in regards to CB's phone pinging approx 1 mile from XB's mother's house near Hooch River, then according to MSM reports, CB phone was in Carmel, IN home after she was reported missing by XB, there is no evidence or witnesses to confirm CB ever left GA, but her phone did. Surely LE has been able to track the phone's journey. I have to wonder if LE able to retrieve any data from her other 2 phones. ? IMO phone data is the key in this case. Due to all the rain & flooding in the area over the past year, IMO, LE might be successful with ground search near water but not water itself. Possibly a tree?? Horrible thought, but I have to consider that possibility.

Am I wrong? This is the guy who stalked his ex wife. But he's free on bond? NO WOMAN IS SAFE.

How is he loose?????
Excellent question. If he claims to have no money then IMO it’s possible someone in his family paid his bond.

I wonder how specific the ping location is, and how long the phone was at that location? If the ping location is just “approx. 1 mile from XB’s mom’s house” it doesn’t tell us much.

But if the ping location can be pinpointed and is east/north of the bridge near the storm line, or if it is west/south of the bridge near Abbott’s Bridge Recreation Area / boat launch, another search in those very specific areas might be warranted, especially if done before spring - when everything in those woods greens up and you can’t see more than 15 feet in any direction.

I’m sure JCPD checked, but if the Tiguan crossed the bridge going from E/N to W/S (if it was heading toward the Rec Area) it seems the plate reader at that end of the bridge might have picked it up, though idk if there’d be enough light. There actually are two poles at that end of the bridge, about 30’ apart. The one closest to N’side Trucking has the cam on it (pointing down the road away from the bridge) and the one near the granite store has a light box on top (also appears to be pointed toward the parking lot/road, away from bridge).

All jmo

Curious to know how long XB's family/mom has resided in the house CB last heard from in John's Creek. Has XB ever lived there? Would XB be familiar with the area?
I've often wondered the same thing. From the photos I've seen in MSM his mothers' home looks quite large and situated in what appears to be an affluent residential area. How well XB knew that immediate area is a very good question.

There has been very little reported in MSM regarding XB's parents, and AFAIK they haven't made many (any?) statements to the public regarding XB's relationship with Ciera.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back