GUILTY IN - DARREN DEON VANN, 43, Gary, body count at seven, more expected

From your link
"Hammond Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr. called the person of interest a “serial killer” in a Facebook post Sunday afternoon and said he has “admitted to a couple of homicides in Hammond,” some of which date back two decades. He also said in his posts that the man is a convicted sex offender."

It really bugs me that this man was a sex offender and they still did not keep an eye on him. What a fail IMO. They cant be so busy in Gary Indiana as to not be able to have some type of GOOD watch dogs on these sex offenders.....this just happens way too much IMO. (Sex offenders committing other crimes because they are not being watched well enough).

Last time I checked it was 3 in abandoned homes, one in motel 6, not theres 7? Dayumm

Actually, I meant to type homes and not home. Thank you for catching that!

They have not released the perp's name ? Classic! He didn't want to get any more sex charges so he started killing the victims. When will we learn there is no rehab for these people ?

Pregnant woman among victims of possible serial killer, mom says

The man in custody was a convicted sex offender in Austin, Texas, according to investigators.

Gary Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson said several agencies are now on the case which could grow much larger as the suspect is questioned.

“We have evidence that he was in Texas and all over the United States,” she said. “I would like them to complete the investigation and I don’t want to taint it with the prospect of calling this person a serial killer.”

Many of the victims may have been prostitutes and targeted by the killer, a source told WGN.

read more ................ http://fox5sandiego.com/2014/10/19/pregnant-woman-among-victims-of-possible-serial-killer-mom-says/

I think the number is going to grow than more than 7 and can explain a lot of missing women. Terrible tragedy, he deserves death.

Reminds me of Terry Blair. Same MO and victims.

Another Gary Ridgeway ?
Horrifying. Those poor women !

Am I correct in understanding that Afrikka was his most recent victim?

Whoa! I expected a white guy.

I did, too... and yet I didn't. Logically I know that many serial killers are white, but I had a hunch this guy could be black. Nooo idea why I felt that why, but... there it is.

This is a disturbing reminder that there are active serial killers in our midst, going undetected for years...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back