IN IN - Diamond Bynum, 21, & King Walker, 2, Gary, 25 July 2015

This story has been fishy from the beginning, at least to me. It makes little sense an intellectually disabled adult and a two year would just walk away while their caregiver took a nap, never to be seen again.

I'm afraid that after another 3 years (on and off) of reading this forum, I look back at the opening post saying the stepmother took a 'nap' and Diamond and King disappeared with different eyes than I did back then. Yes, things can happen when you're asleep, but then...

...to be honest that was the only explanation I could think of back then for why there wasn't more apparent LE investigation going on for a toddler and a young woman whose age belies the reality that she is also effectively a child.

When you put these two things together, what do you get? I hope that's not the case, but when these seem to be the two main pieces of information regarding this case, the ones that really stand out as 'facts'. I hate saying that. Maybe they did wander off and searches just weren't thorough enough? I can't recall what kind of area they lived in, but if it's not particularly rural it seem unlikely.

I'm afraid that after another 3 years (on and off) of reading this forum, I look back at the opening post saying the stepmother took a 'nap' and Diamond and King disappeared with different eyes than I did back then. Yes, things can happen when you're asleep, but then...

...to be honest that was the only explanation I could think of back then for why there wasn't more apparent LE investigation going on for a toddler and a young woman whose age belies the reality that she is also effectively a child.

When you put these two things together, what do you get? I hope that's not the case, but when these seem to be the two main pieces of information regarding this case, the ones that really stand out as 'facts'. I hate saying that. Maybe they did wander off and searches just weren't thorough enough? I can't recall what kind of area they lived in, but if it's not particularly rural it seem unlikely.
I don’t think rural is the issue it’s more an issue of an over abundance of boarded up abandoned properties and bodies of water in the area that would be potentially dangerous.

I don’t think rural is the issue it’s more an issue of an over abundance of boarded up abandoned properties and bodies of water in the area that would be potentially dangerous.

But if they wandered off, what kind of scenario would cause them both to become 'stuck' in such an environment and never found?

But if they wandered off, what kind of scenario would cause them both to become 'stuck' in such an environment and never found?
If King went in the water and Diamond went after to save him, a hit and run, going into an abandoned building she may have the strength to get them in but not necessarily the mental capacity to get them out. The possibilities are literally endless.

On July 25, 2015, Diamond Bynum, 21, and her nephew, King Walker, 2, went missing from the house where Diamond lived with her stepmother and father, Eugene, in Gary, Indiana. The two reportedly had been taking a nap that afternoon, as had Diamond's stepmother. When the stepmother woke up, she says the two were gone. The family had recently moved to Gary with Diamond, who is described as mentally challenged. At their old home, Diamond was able to go on walks around their neighborhood because she knew the area. The family fears Diamond may have taken King on a walk and gotten lost. Family members have spent the past three and a half years pleading with the public for any information they may have, but few clues have been uncovered. Dateline was unable to reach the investigating agencies for an update on the case, but friends and family still post on the Help Find Diamond Bynum & King Walker Facebook page asking for help with their search. A $1,000 reward is being offered for the safe return of Diamond and King.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

The Mysterious Holes in Indiana’s Sand Dunes

I visited that area for the first time last year to see the famous dunes. My jaw dropped when I saw the huge sand dunes there. After a bit of sleuthing I found that the main entrance to the dunes was about 30 minutes by car from their house. When i was at the dunes there were all sorts of signs telling people to stay off the dunes. After a bit more sleuthing I found the above article stating the dunes are unstable and holes have been opening up in them and people had fallen in holes before that had suddenly opened up. I can't help but wonder if it could be possible they had somehow made it over to the dunes and were climbing them when a hole opened up and they fell in.

Last edited:
I just read about Diamond and King. I’m so sad they haven’t been found :(. This one is just so puzzling. After reading an article someone posted here about Diamond being able to go for walks in their old neighborhood before they moved, I’m really thinking she took King and they were just going for a walk and with the number of abandoned houses, they came into an accident.

But, why after all this time haven’t they been found? Is there really that large of a number of abandoned homes that never get looked at again? (Meaning squatters or kids don’t try to break in, or the owners don’t periodically check over time). I’m thinking yes though. I saw on the public FB page the family’s plea for everyone to take just a block and search the abandoned homes back in 2015. There must be a huge number of them.

The nap/time they woke up doesn’t bother me too much. My oldest used to wake up at 6AM no matter what. We would get up, eat, play awhile and if I could get him to go back to sleep around 8 or 9, you bet I would and would try to nap too. It’s possible I missed something, but I don’t think it said what time King was dropped off, the night before or early that morning. It does surprise me Diamond would nap, but maybe her nap was more of a lay quietly and watch cartoons while King sleeps.

This family seems to continue to search. I hate it they don’t have answers :(

Good Morning!

This case was brought to my attention back in January, and I've been digging in fairly deeply over the last month. Google searches provided most links to news reports, etc. I have joined most of the FB groups and have been sifting through the some of the drama for reputable information. I have spoken with a few people close to the case and working on interviews/convo with family members. This group has been SO SO helpful to verify info and/or provide snippets of info that I cant open in other links. Also helpful in building my timeline which has never been done on this case. It is SO sad that this case hasnt been in the forefront more than it has been. They STILL had not been added to NAMUS, so I went ahead and added them. I am doing a podcast on this case and just wanted to pop in here and bump the thread for those of you who still wonder what became of them and their case.

I am posting their NAMUS links below.

KING WALKER NAMUS
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

DIAMOND BYNUM NAMUS

If it is okay (not sure on the rules) but during the podcast I like to credit sources. Is that okay to do with WS?

Good Morning!

This case was brought to my attention back in January, and I've been digging in fairly deeply over the last month. Google searches provided most links to news reports, etc. I have joined most of the FB groups and have been sifting through the some of the drama for reputable information. I have spoken with a few people close to the case and working on interviews/convo with family members. This group has been SO SO helpful to verify info and/or provide snippets of info that I cant open in other links. Also helpful in building my timeline which has never been done on this case. It is SO sad that this case hasnt been in the forefront more than it has been. They STILL had not been added to NAMUS, so I went ahead and added them. I am doing a podcast on this case and just wanted to pop in here and bump the thread for those of you who still wonder what became of them and their case.

I am posting their NAMUS links below.

KING WALKER NAMUS

DIAMOND BYNUM NAMUS

If it is okay (not sure on the rules) but during the podcast I like to credit sources. Is that okay to do with WS?
Which podcast? I have followed this case for a long time. For some reason the post I created is the one continuously shared on fb. I really hope this podcast can separate the drama from the facts. I have so many questions

Which podcast? I have followed this case for a long time. For some reason the post I created is the one continuously shared on fb. I really hope this podcast can separate the drama from the facts. I have so many questions
Responded to your PM. Wasnt sure if I could post a link here or not. I am currently putting together PART ONE. If anyone has any pertinent info that may not be in here, please let me know. These two NEED to be found

DraguhnJustiss, so glad to hear you are going to do a podcast to bring some attention to this case! This is one case that continues to haunt me, and I just can't believe neither Diamond nor King have been found :( I hope and pray this publicity brings some new leads.

I second that, Sally. The whole story is so strange and how Diamond and King vanished during an afternoon nap. I worry someone is going to get away with a crime when they shouldn’t.

@DrahguhnJustiss - let us know when the podcast is available and how to access it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back