IN - Dr. Dean Maar, 61, killed at home, near Brownsburg, 27 Nov 2019

legalmomma

Reaction score
Doctor killed in attempted robbery at home near Brownsburg

BROWNSBURG, Ind. (WTHR) — Police are investigating a killing at a Hendricks County home.

The Hendricks County Sheriff's Office responded to the home on North CR 1000 East south of East CR 600 North near Brownsburg Wednesday evening. They were called about a burglary in progress.

Police arrived to find 61-year-old Dr. Dean Maar dead.

Investigators believe this was an attempted robbery at Dr. Maar's home.

Officers also said a small fire appeared to be intentionally set inside the home, but it was quickly put out by first responders.

Dr. Maar's obituary

Dean Carl Maar, M.D.

Indianapolis - Dr. Dean Maar was a loving and committed husband and father...

He took great pleasure in entertaining at his retreat and sharing it with his extended family, friends and groups...

Dr. Maar died defending his family from an act of senseless violence on November 27, 2019. His final decision in this life exemplifies his character. While preparing to host a large Thanksgiving dinner with his extended family, he was the victim of a home invasion. He confronted the armed attackers and sacrificed his life to save the Love of His Life...

Celebration of life set for doctor who confronted attackers in home invasion

According to Marr's obituary, he confronted the armed attackers and sacrificed his life to save the love of his life.

"His final decision in this life exemplifies his character," the obituary says.

This statement was echoed by a family friend who spoke with Eyewitness News.

"To know Debra was there and she had to go through that just makes you even more angry," family friend Steven Due said.

So the home intruders murdered the doctor but left his wife uninjured? I'm interested to hear more about how this all played out. Maybe I'm jaded from too much time on websleuths but my hinky meter is pinging! JMO.

Doctor killed in attempted robbery at home near Brownsburg

"I don't understand how this happened without someone knowing what was back there, because it doesn't jump out at you that there is something behind these woods," said Bob Taetsch, Dr. Maar's neighbor.

From the article, it sounds like the home was obscured by trees. The other articles I've read, that were posted here, lead me to believe that Dr. Maar was up and about, possibly with lights on in the home, maybe even in the kitchen preparing the big bird for the next day. What time did the break-in occur? If it was a break-in -- or, maybe it was a home invasion?

The setting of the fire, that never gained momentum before being put out, is interesting.

So far, my hinky meter is alerted.

From the above, it seems that the incident occurred at Dr. Maar's cabin.

From the article, it sounds like the home was obscured by trees. The other articles I've read, that were posted here, lead me to believe that Dr. Maar was up and about, possibly with lights on in the home, maybe even in the kitchen preparing the big bird for the next day. What time did the break-in occur? If it was a break-in -- or, maybe it was a home invasion?

The setting of the fire, that never gained momentum before being put out, is interesting.

So far, my hinky meter is alerted.
Since the home was hidden by trees, not really even visible from the road, leads me to suspect someone who was familiar to the home. Had there been any recent construction or home repairs? Housekeeper, etc?
A series of crimes was linked to a newspaper delivery man in a city where I used to live. He knew where all the secluded homes were because he delivered their newspapers.

The Hendricks County Sheriff's office says they believe there was more than one suspect involved in Dr. Dean Maar's killing. The murder took place during a home invasion outside of Indianapolis, Indiana.

In the video [at 0:21], it is said that there was a witness inside the home at the time of the home invasion. They do not identify the witness.

Well, since there were so many trees, maybe someone who does tree work? Seems that would be a needed service in the area.

Mysterious death investigation west of Indianapolis, doctor found dead
"A call was made to police around 6 p.m. Wednesday [Nov. 27, 2019--the day before Thanksgiving] as a report of a burglary in progress. When crews made it there, they found 61-year-old Dr. Dean Maar shot dead."

[BBM]

This article gives a time reference. Since other articles did not give a time, my first impression was that it probably occurred late at night. At any rate, it would have been dark by 6 p.m.

I wonder if there are nearby neighbors in case anyone has Ring or other security cameras.

The small fire is certainly a curiosity. Seems odd for wanna be robbers to decide to start a fire before they leave.

This story sounds very suspicious! Who robs a home on the night before Thanksgiving? Or even more questionable is a cabin with lights on and probably car/s present?

The world that I know is busy cooking, doing prep work for the next day, and have out of town guests arriving. This had to be some dumb perps.

This story sounds very suspicious! Who robs a home on the night before Thanksgiving? Or even more questionable is a cabin with lights on and probably car/s present?

The world that I know is busy cooking, doing prep work for the next day, and have out of town guests arriving. This had to be some dumb perps.

I agree. I think someone wanted him dead.

No Way This Was A Murder 1st Of Orthoindy NW is a hospital were most of the work comp patients go 2nd the interview by his colleague seems very suspicious look at her body movements and listen to what she's sayingredients 3rd home invasions don't not for that way...everyone who's been hurt on the job in Indianapolis knows that it gets very very korrupt I believe that this doctor was a patient doctor and that is not allowed in Indianapolis...only employer doctors make it in that hospital...orthoindy nw is very evil and his colleague knew what what was going...not an armed robbery clearly a murder and my heart goes out to his wife and family but when this investigation is over the people who you think are good people will go to jail

From the above, it seems that the incident occurred at Dr. Maar's cabin.

This was clearly a murder 1st let me start by saying orthoindy nw is were all the work compensation patients go 2nd even his colleague in the interview is lying look at her body movements listen to what she's saying 3rd of all armed robberies do not go like that someone is switching this investigation because if the robbers got not money no jewelry no nothing then what dis they get..."nothing"this was a planned murder this was a example of the movie fugitive dr Richard Kimble and my heart goes out to dr. Maar's wife n family but when this investigation is over the people who you think are good people will go to jail

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back