IN IN - Dr. Promila Mehta-Paul, 70, Munster, 21 March 2011 *arrest*

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by summer_breeze, Mar 27, 2011.

1. panthera

panthera Retired WS Staff

Police: Missing Doctor’s Son Has Criminal Record

"As WBBM Newsradio 780′s Steve Miller reports, one of the doctor’s sons spent time in a California state prison.

The charge was burglary, and the conviction resulted in a two-year sentence. Mehta-Paul’s son served less than a year and was paroled, and the parole ended last July.

Part of that case had involved a charge of assault with a caustic chemical, but it was dropped."

more at http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/04/07/police-missing-doctors-son-has-criminal-record/

2. belimom

belimom Our lives begin to end the day we become silent ab

bbm

I sadly think she was disposed of between IN and CA, and her car was sold/disposed of in CA - and has the missing tag on it. :(

JMHO

3. panthera

That is exactly why I am curious when he went back to California and how he got there. I would think LE would have the information by now but unfortunately it hasn't been released. MOO

4. SurfieTX

SurfieTX Active Member

http://www.wlsam.com/Article.asp?id=2147903&spid=

This week as police searched for his wife, Shashi Paul was back in Munster, where he practices three weeks a month. For one week each month the children’s doctor commutes to LaJolla, Calif., a wealthy community located near San Diego, where he shares a practice with three other pediatricians.

Munster police confirmed that the couple’s 38-year-old son, Paresh Paul was arrested this month for driving under the influence after being stopped for speeding. Earlier this decade he was charged in a battery case that was later deferred and dismissed, according to Lake County court records. In his mother’s bankruptcy case, Shashi Paul claimed that he’d deposited thousands of dollars in a bank account for his son, Paresh, whom he said drained the account without his knowledge. At deadline, Paresh Paul could not be reached for comment.

5. belimom

belimom Our lives begin to end the day we become silent ab

So now we have two family members traveling between IN and CA. Two family members with questionable behavior/pasts. Just an observation.

6. SurfieTX

SurfieTX Active Member

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/4583377-418/missing-docs-ex-husband-says-he-hopes-shes-safe.html?print=true

“Although we were involved in a contentious divorce 20 years ago, I moved on with my life and have been happily married for the last seven years,” Shashi Paul read from a statement.

“As a father, I am worried about my sons’ having to deal with the disappearance of their mother. I have cooperated with the investigation and direct all inquiries to the Munster Police Department. For the sake of the investigation I will not reveal the nature of my cooperation with the police and will not discuss family business in public. I hope you will respect my privacy and do nothing to hinder the police investigation.”

snip

Highland Police Cmdr. George Georgeff said that Munster police have assumed the lead role in the investigation because “it appears it appears that nothing criminal happened in the town of Highland,” Georgeff said. “If any criminal acts occurred, we think they would have occurred in Munster, not Highland.”

He explained that after leaving her office and making a deposit at the First Financial Bank on 45th Street and Kennedy Avenue in Highland, Mehta Paul apparently made it home that night.

“We did a search warrant on her house and her neighbor’s and we have pretty good idea that she made it home,” Georgeff said. “But we will continue to assist Munster police. We will work this to the end and stick with them.”

7. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

8. hoosier13

hoosier13 New Member

It is common practice for LE or the media to cast aspersions family members, co-worker and acquittances.

9. hoosier13

hoosier13 New Member

10. marycarney

marycarney Inactive

11. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

Search continues for doctor, who went missing one month ago today

The search continues for Dr. Promila Mehta-Paul one month after she was last seen making a bank deposit in Highland after leaving her Highland medical practice.

"This is an active ongoing investigation. We're working on this full-time," Munster Police Chief Steve Scheckel said of the search for the 70-year-old ophthalmologist.

A key in the investigation is finding Mehta-Paul's vehicle, he said. The Munster woman's gold 2001 Toyota Rav4 has an Indiana license plate of DW2031.

More: http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/munster/article_e72cd818-320d-5ba2-92ef-329689f01b83.html

13. marycarney

marycarney Inactive

Any news locals? My dad doesn't get the paper there any longer - and unless they broadcast it during a Cubs' game.......

14. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

15. marycarney

marycarney Inactive

Bumping for the doctor.....

16. panthera

Still no updates..........

:(

17. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

18. summer_breeze