IN IN - Dr. Promila Mehta-Paul, 70, Munster, 21 March 2011 *Guilty plea to amended charges*

I've been lurking- followed this case for a long time, though never posted on it. I have always believed Dr. M-P's son was a person of interest. I found it odd that he disappeared around the same time his mom did, but cropped up in CA later, while his car was still in IN, missing a license plate. I always wondered if Dr. M-P's son did something terrible to his mom, put his CA plate on her car, and drove back to CA, which is where the police eventually found him.

I pray that justice is served, and is swift.

Guardianship case dismissed in missing Munster doc case

Tuesday's hearing to consider the handling of missing Munster physician Promila Mehta-Paul's assets became unnecessary after her sons agreed to drop their petitions.

[snip]

Five days earlier, Mehta-Paul's son, Paul Fontaine, also known as Paresh Paul, consented to the appointment of American Management Systems International as his mother's potential guardian.

Family Offers $20,000 Reward

Family members of a missing Munster doctor are offering up to $20,000 for information connected to her disappearance last year, police said.

The family of Dr. Promila Mehta-Paul is offering two $10,000 rewards in connection to her case, according to a Munster police news release.

One reward is for information that leads to the discovery of the doctor's body. The other is for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or people who were responsible for her disappearance.

Police believe she disappeared as part of a criminal act and that she is dead, the release states.

Snipped from: http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_9e2d209f-6f7c-5fca-aeb2-c943078e2d66.html

Munster doctor still missing a year later

One year ago a Munster eye doctor was reported missing.

[snip]

Munster Police Chief Steve Scheckel conceded that his department and the FBI are perturbed that they’ve been unable to make an arrest and close the case.

[snip]

Anyone with information regarding the disappearance of Dr. Promila Mehta-Paul or who may know about the whereabouts and travels of her son, Paresh Paul, between Monday, March 21 and Sunday, March 27, 2011, should contact Munster police at 836-6600 or leave anonymous information on the department tip line at 836-1010.

More: http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/lake/11491159-418/munster-doctor-still-missing-a-year-later.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back