IN IN - Dr. Promila Mehta-Paul, 70, Munster, 21 March 2011 *arrest*

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by summer_breeze, Mar 27, 2011.

1. marycarney

marycarney Inactive

I just wish I could figure out what he did with HER vehicle. I grew up down the street from her office, and lived Munster for a time as well. Lake County Indiana is heavily populated - basically a contiguous city with Chicago.

You have to go really far to get anywhere you or I would consider 'remote'. There are certainly very, very few places to hide a vehicle. It must be in water somewhere (I think all the missing vehicle/ people combos are in water - that's just me. My cousin was almost a missing person after he accidentally drove into a reservoir and drowned.)

Maybe he'll let slip to a cell mate - wishful thinking.

2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

Ind. doctor's 2011 disappearance now a cold case

Two years after a northwestern Indiana doctor vanished, her disappearance has become a cold case investigated by police only when they receive new tips.

[snip]

Authorities said that Mehta-Paul's eldest son remains the primary person of interest in the case. Paul M. Fontaine, 40, is serving a prison term until April 2014 on forgery charges stemming from when he tried to sell his mother's car six months after she disappeared.

[snip]

"It's really frustrating," he said. "It's like knowing who stole your purse but not being able to prove it."

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

More Than Two Years Later, No Break In Ind. Eye Doctor’s Disappearance

For two years now, police in Munster, Ind. have been searching for an eye doctor who vanished.

[snip]

Police say one of the doctor’s sons, Paresh Paul, is still considered a person of interest. He has never been charged in connection with his mother’s disappearance.

He was detained by border patrol days after she vanished — he was walking back across from Mexico — and hasn’t talked to police since.

Dr. Mehta-Paul’s DNA is now part of a missing persons database, in case it turns up somewhere.

More: http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/05...er-no-break-in-ind-eye-doctors-disappearance/

NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10206/0/

4. hayaletcatcher

hayaletcatcher Active Member

bbm

I can't find any new articles on this case but wonder if a few will appear when he gets out? Just wanted to bump this incase someone can find any newer info.

Laughing likes this.
  5. Saribella

Saribella Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  6. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

About danged time!

Horrific- and the neighbors! Ugh

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    GarAndTeed likes this.
  7. Saribella

Saribella Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree. I was in the area for my studies about a few years ago when I first heard about it and I even knew they should have arrested this guy right away.

8. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

I used to live in Munster as a little kid. Sickening.