Found Deceased IN - Emma, 2 mos, (mom Rachel McAfee, 36, fnd alive), Indianapolis, 4 Mar 2019 *mother arrested*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Mar 5, 2019.

1. lark75

lark75 Active Member

Yes. Go to www.mycase.in.gov (I’m on a iPad and can’t figure out how to hyperlink it but that's the site)

You then can click to search for the case by her name and access the docket.

2. BethAnn777

BethAnn777 Well-Known Member

I am very familiar with the Indiana school system. I believe the term “intervention” meeting is in relation to a meeting at one of the schools where she works. Not an alcohol intervention for her, rather an intervention meeting in regards to student services. She is a speech language pathologist and would be a part of such meetings.

Best Practice/Research-Based Prevention and Intervention Resources for Schools | IDOE

3. lark75

lark75 Active Member

I am concerned about Rachel’s physical injuries. I saw in the news she was going to have surgery. My husband wondered whether it was skin grafts, even possibly amputation from extreme frostbite. This whole situation is just so horrible. Their poor son, too.

Doghairrules, d4j, cass523 and 5 others like this.
  4. MsGazette

MsGazette Just call me Ms G

I had it t00 (twice) but I had it the worst for my first baby. The one thing I can say about it is that people do not understand it - they just do not. Medical professionals know the seriousness and other moms that have been through it know what it’s like, but the general public and other family members-no. And that makes you feel worse and more alone. And it’s not their fault! I remember years before I went through it, seeing stories and not really getting it. I have always felt that there needs to be more education to the public about postpartum depression.

5. MsGazette

MsGazette Just call me Ms G

That made my hinkey meter go off too. All of the interventions that I have known about, there are usually family members present. Or at least one? Seemed strange that they were relying on her to just show up herself. That can be a monumental task for someone with PPD. Unless it was just an AA meeting but then they have sponsors looking out for them, I thought.

6. smiley

smiley Member

I wonder about the mother being a " raging alcoholic" since the child was born with no medical problems that we know of. If she was to drop child off at MIL's and did not show up, I would have started to retrace her route to the MIL's home, they say she was less than a mile away. So many missed chances for this to have had a different outcome just MOO

7. legalmomma

legalmomma Well-Known Member

Case Search - MyCase
    03/08/2019
    Hearing Journal Entry
    Status conference held in chambers with Deputy Prosecutor Daniel Cicchini and defense counsel Aaron Freeman. Due to the Defendant's hospitalization, the initial hearing is continued to March 15, 2019 at 9:15 a.m. The prior pre-trial release order is modified so that the Defendant is be permitted to self-report to MCCC for pre-trial alcohol monitoring and placement with a mental health case manager upon the posting of bond and her release from the hospital. The State's motion to increase the Defendant's bond is DENIED. The Defendant is permitted to enroll in in-patient mental health/substance abuse treatment upon release. MCCC and/or defense counsel shall notify the Court if alcohol monitoring cannot be accomplished in her treatment facility. Judge Pro Tem form filed.

Doghairrules, Trudie, d4j and 8 others like this.
  8. caspias

caspias Active Member

From - Case Search - MyCase

"03/14/2019
    Hearing Scheduling Activity
    Initial Hearing originally scheduled on 03/15/2019 at 9:15 AM was rescheduled to 03/22/2019 at 9:30 AM. Reason: By Request.

03/15/2019
    Automated ENotice Issued to Parties
    Order Granting Motion for Continuance ---- 3/14/2019 : Aaron Michael Freeman;Kristin Kuhns;Terry Raymond Curry;Daniel Joseph Cicchini Hearing Scheduling Activity ---- 3/14/2019 : Aaron Michael Freeman;Kristin Kuhns;Terry Raymond Curry;Daniel Joseph Cicchini

03/22/2019
    Initial Hearing
    Session:
    03/15/2019 9:15 AM, Rescheduled
    Session:
    03/22/2019 9:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Stoner, Mark D"

Guessing she's still recovering in the hospital from severe frostbite and who knows what else, so hearing postponed again.

Doghairrules, d4j, cass523 and 5 others like this.
  9. Medstudies

Medstudies Well-Known Member

10. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

If Rachel is still in the hospital, she must’ve had some pretty serious injuries. It’s been 10 days!

11. lark75

lark75 Active Member

I think her injuries may be very serious. It was 9 degrees that day. I live here, and my car heat was struggling to work, and I was so cold just on my regular commute.

12. legalmomma

legalmomma Well-Known Member

13. lark75

lark75 Active Member

Rachel’s hearing was again postponed to 4/5 if anyone is still following along.

14. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

So was no one searching for them? Because the first thing I would do when someone doesn’t show up where they are going is to drive all along the route. I just don’t understand how this happened.

15. lark75

lark75 Active Member

Rachel’s initial pretrial was postponed again to 4/12

16. Jewels53

Jewels53 Forever in my Heart!

Thanks for the updates lark75!

inmyhumbleopinion and Vedder like this.
  17. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

Is she still hospitalized?

Doghairrules likes this.
  18. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

I'm guessing so.

Doghairrules likes this.
  19. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

I hope LE is really investigating all of this from start to finish, including why Rachel was allowed to drive alone with the baby. Maybe everyone was just in denial about how bad things were, but I’d like to know that for sure.

20. angelainwi

angelainwi Certified Trauma Counselor

My guess would be that she may be in some kind of intensive residential treatment center.

Doghairrules likes this.