GUILTY IN - Erin Justin, 36, Noble County, June 2011

I wanted to post the statement from your link twall:

http://journalgazette.com/article/20140327/LOCAL03/303279984

Indiana law allows the prosecution of murder cases to be handled in the locations where either the injury or death occurred or where the body was discovered, Clouse said.

This is something new that I have now learned.

I agree with you that the posting of details of her life was completely inappropriate and unnecessary.

It doesn't sound like the FWPD had much if any involvement in the investigation so I am glad to see that the prosecution will be handled there. Hands are pretty full here and they may have more time to allocate to this case in you county and justice may be served sooner and possibly stricter. You would be know better than I on how things are handled there.

Since they have witness statements, I don't think they will have a problem getting a conviction. Keep us informed if it does go to trial and you attend!

Well, I don't know what to say about the transfer to Allen County.

From the JG article I can kind of get a feel for where his attorney is going to go with this. Maybe I will try to attend.

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20140621/LOCAL03/306219976/1002/LOCAL

Arguing that their client will suffer if the case winds its way through the appellate court, Andres Gonzalez’s court-appointed attorneys asked the state’s second-highest court not to take the case.

In early May, Noble County Prosecutor Steve Clouse gained Noble Superior Court Judge Robert Kirsch’s permission to ask the appellate court to review Kirsch’s decision to transfer the case to Allen County...

In the response to Clouse’s motion for an interlocutory appeal – one that is allowed while the case is still ongoing – Noble County Deputy Public Defender Kathryn Byrom argued continued delays in the case will greatly harm Andres Gonzalez, who remains in the Noble County jail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back