IN IN - Fort Wayne, 'Mary Jane Doe' WhtFem UP16000, 20-25, in basement, May'92 - Tabetha Ann Murlin

It's interesting that her family says in the latest link I posted that the last they knew of her, she was going to Memphis, TN. So they may never have thought she could be a Jane Doe locally.

Tabetha Ann Murlin.

Looks like she was estranged from family and led some sort of transient lifestyle. I hope they have DNA of the fetus and can track the father. Who was not her ex husband i guess. It may lead to some answers, at least who she associated with. She may have died of exposure or OD, does not have to be homicide. But hard to tell.

Jmoo

Murlin’s last known address was in Fort Wayne, but her family said the last time they knew of her whereabouts she said that she was going to Memphis, Tennessee.

Murlin was buried a week after a construction worker found her remains partly submerged in the basement at 3512 Reynolds St. on May 15, 1992.

She was badly decomposed and an examination of her remains could not identify a cause or manner of death.

At the time of her death, Murlin was 23 years old and 26 weeks pregnant.

In 2017, Murlin’s body was exhumed for further testing, and a DNA profile was created from her femur bone. This helped create a bust and images of the bust were released to the public two years later.
Allen County Coroner’s Office gives update in 1992 death investigation

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back