Identified! IN - Gary, BlkFem, 14-18, 'SUPERGIRL POWER' shirt, 16 Sept 2019 - Takaylah Tribitt

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by JerseyGirl, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

Chicago Man Arrested in Connection With Teen Girl's Slaying

A Chicago man has been arrested in connection with the shooting death of a 14-year-old girl whose body was found in a Gary alley.

Deon Simmons, 35, was wanted in the slaying of Takaylah Tribitt, who had been reported missing in Chicago, Nick Gonzalez, inspector for the U.S. Marshals Service Great Lakes Regional Fugitive Task Force, told The (Northwest Indiana) Times.

Simmons was taken into custody without incident about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday on Chicago's South Side, Gonzalez said.

Chicago Man Arrested in Connection With Teen Girl's Slaying

2. KaylaraOwl

KaylaraOwl Former Member

I'm so glad that Takaylah is finally going to get some justice. What was done to her was absolutely horrific.

3. Fuuro

Fuuro spicy user

I am very curious to see what the connection was (if there was any) between Takaylah and Deon. I am also hoping that we get to learn more of the circumstances of Takaylah's disappearance / murder as more information is released. It is great that justice is going to be served in this case once and for all.

4. Reasonable & Just

Reasonable & Just United We Stand

Poor child. How did she end up alone in an alley in Gary, IN?

Rest in Peace, Sweet Girl.