Identified! IN - Gary, WhtFem skeletal in sand dune, Aug'10 - Sylvia Jones

So the location is given as:

Gary Police Department responded to the area less than a quarter of a mile east of the intersection of U.S. 20/Melton Road and Interstate 80/94. The grave was on the north side of U.S. 20 between Polekatz and the Flying J gas station

I see Polekatz is a gentlemans club, maybe a past employee. Only trying to place the dark underwear with glitter.

I think we are on the same track mtrooper. When I saw the glitter underwear and white bra I thought along the same lines. I hope this is not tmi and my apologies for possibly not stating this well (words fail me sometimes), but a girl with her guy would probably wear a matching bra and panties set. Nice underwear and a plain white bra doesn't really add up. I can't place a white scrub shirt. I usually see scrubs in various colors... Any idea's on a white scrub?

My worst fear on this one is a runaway teen or a teen who slipped through the system. I hope I am wrong, but I have that gut fear in this case.

My initial reaction is to lean more towards the gentlemans club than the truck stop. Particularly because someone spent the time to bury rather than dump the body. I may be generalizing, but do many known truckers who are convicted of murder go to the extremes of burying rather than dumping a body?

Of course she could also be from anywhere and hitched a ride to this location due to the proximity of the truck stops.

In another one of your posts you mentioned you did not yet see this in NamUs. I would think, and hope, they may be waiting to get additional forensic info before updating in NamUs, but then again, not all counties use NamUs. I know I couldn't get my county to use NamUs for all the gold in heaven or all the tea in China. I've actually thought the Cubs will win a World Series before my county uses NamUs. ( it's a sore spot with me, can you tell? my county not using namus, not the Cubs ;) ) :banghead:

I dunno off the top of my head if Lake Cty Indiana is currently utilizing NamUs.

Good news, there are 2 does in Namus from Lake county! Bad news neither one of them is our doe.

I can't place a white scrub shirt. I usually see scrubs in various colors... Any idea's on a white scrub?

Just a thought here. Could the white scrub shirt have anything to do with an occupation?

Maybe the victim worked in the health care field. It could be at a nurse or office worker at a dentist's or doctor's office. It also could involve working in a medical labatory.

Another possibility is working as an aide at a hospital or nursing home.

Or maybe working for a uniform supply company that makes or sells scrubs.

Are there any missing folks whose occupations were along these lines?

Mary lands worked in a nursing home I believe (hince she was wearing scrubs when she went missing).

I was also thinking with the petitie frame, maybe a highschooler in some sort of tech-school. I know my highschool had classes to be a nurses aide.

no news articles, still not in namus....but incase anyone is bored and wants to go through indiana's missing children...

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Missing_Children_2009-08.pdf

I'm sure I'll end up taking a peek through that list, not sure how soon, but will. I did go through NCMEC for Indiana and nothing stood out at me.

I'm checking for news too. I'm hoping the delay with NamUs is due to waiting for more info from the ME and any forensics for a more complete profile to enter.

thanks!

Cubby

I was looking through the link for the Indiana Missing Children and I can not find any information about over half of these children. I can not find any missing signs or posts. Just the one from Indiana. Confused :-(

Skull? This is a full skeleton, and they have not released much info yet. Maybe you are thinking of a different case if you are thinking of just a skull?

hth

I was looking through the link for the Indiana Missing Children and I can not find any information about over half of these children. I can not find any missing signs or posts. Just the one from Indiana. Confused :-(

Nothing in NCMEC? If not, maybe Indiana isn't keeping the list updated? I see several MP sites where people have been recovered deceased or found safe and they are still listed as missing. The Indiana link might be one which is not updated often?

hth

IIRC Gary IND is close to Chicago ILL
and maybe Mich border.........must go to a map.

Yes, realistically Gary is an hour or more from Chicago.

August 31, 2010 (GARY, Ind.) -- Authorities say a man searching for lizards found a human skeleton exposed from a shallow grave in a wooded sand dune area of northwestern Indiana.

Not much info. Short article at link:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7641751&rss=rss-wls-article-7641751

I live in Marion and we have had a couple of girls go missing here that stick out in my mind and that is Wendy Felton missing for a very very long time so might not be her and then there is Tricia Reitler she went missing from Indiana Weslyan College in Marion and if i remember correctly they suspected the 1 armed man that had kidnapped and raped that little girl here was under suspision but they had no proof and he refuses to talk about anything and to anyone according to marion police department on their facebook page when asked about it being him and they if i am correct found her clothing on the campus under a tree so if it is her they would have had to of dressed her in those clothes ........not sure just throwing it out there because nobody had mention them 2 girls and they were small females not sure of exact measurements and that 1 armed man that sits in prison took that little girl form another town i believe it was upland indiana and so he was known to travel just a thought im new on here so please take it easy on me lol

housewife/motherof3, thank you for all the information, I truly appreciate it, and -- welcome to Websleuths, we are glad to have you here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

housewife/motherof3

Welcome to Websleuths! Thanks for the info!

:Welcome-12-june:

Wendy Feltons Charley Project page:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/felton_wendy.html

Tricia Reitlers Charley Project page:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/reitler_tricia.html

Probably not Wendy or Tricia based on the info CarlK received from the detective working the case that the UID likely has blonde hair. Wendy has dark brown hair. Unless it is determined the UID's hair was dyed blonde....

hth

Also, the jacket was most likely a more current brand

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle