GUILTY IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #9 *NO JAIL*

I agree with everything you said and I also agree the cruise line will most likely settle this case as a business decision. Think of the money they have lost during this past year.
I used to work for an international sports organization. They routinely settled the most frivolous lawsuits out of court because it was less expensive than fighting them, even if the suit was so ridiculous that they surely would have won. This always infuriated me.

After settling many frivolous suits out of court they decided to start fighting these cases. So they installed cameras everywhere, and provided us (employees) with a detailed procedure to follow if someone reported an injury to us.

Most claims never even made it to the “injured” party filing a lawsuit. They would simply show the person video that demonstrated a setup. Like, for example, a person that video captured scouting all over for a large branch to drag over to a sidewalk so he could “trip” over it and become “injured.”

When someone reports an accident the “victim” is taken to the safety office to file a report. Video is reviewed and the “victim “ is always embarrassed when it shows him or her walking around looking for a rock to place on the sidewalk, then waiting until there are other people around to witness tripping over the rock and getting injured.

I used to work for an international sports organization. They routinely settled the most frivolous lawsuits out of court because it was less expensive than fighting them, even if the suit was so ridiculous that they surely would have won. This always infuriated me.

After settling many frivolous suits out of court they decided to start fighting these cases. So they installed cameras everywhere, and provided us (employees) with a detailed procedure to follow if someone reported an injury to us.

Most claims never even made it to the “injured” party filing a lawsuit. They would simply show the person video that demonstrated a setup. Like, for example, a person that video captured scouting all over for a large branch to drag over to a sidewalk so he could “trip” over it and become “injured.”

When someone reports an accident the “victim” is taken to the safety office to file a report. Video is reviewed and the “victim “ is always embarrassed when it shows him or her walking around looking for a rock to place on the sidewalk, then waiting until there are other people around to witness tripping over the rock and getting injured.

That was a great solution. I used to be a hospital risk manager and then I worked for a personal injury attorney doing mostly medical malpractice, but also slip and falls and other types of injuries. We had this client ( I knew she was full of it)-- well of course the defense got footage of this woman lifting heavy stuff and looking pretty healthy, though she told us she couldn't lift a fork LOL- needless to say we dropped her as a client. I love video showing the real story!!

Last edited:
:)
That was a great solution. I used to be a hospital risk manager and then I worked for a personal injury attorney doing mostly medical malpractice, but also slip and falls and other types of injuries. We had this client ( I knew she was full of it)-- well of course the defense got footage of this woman lifting heavy stuff and looking pretty healthy, though she told us she couldn't lift a fork LOL- needless to say we dropped her as a client. I love video showing the real story!!
One of the funniest I remember was a lady who came into one of the self-service snack bars and filled a 64-ounce cup of soda at the fountain. Then she looked around as if to see if anyone was watching, then dumped the entire soda on the floor. Next she walked to the next aisle, then immediately back to the soda fountain area, and walking briskly, “accidentally “ slipped in the soda that she herself had spilled. She made a huge flop like an NBA player trying to draw a foul.
Truly it was laughable

One of the funniest I remember was a lady who came into one of the self-service snack bars and filled a 64-ounce cup of soda at the fountain. Then she looked around as if to see if anyone was watching, then dumped the entire soda on the floor. Next she walked to the next aisle, then immediately back to the soda fountain area, and walking briskly, “accidentally “ slipped in the soda that she herself had spilled. She made a huge flop like an NBA player trying to draw a foul.
Truly it was laughable
Wow. People are unreal! Glad she got caught!

Truly it was laughable

It is amazing what people will think they can get away with!!!

The heartbreaking article about Chloe's mother about how she confronted SA privately and couldn't even speak to him for a long time was news, because publicly she supported him. Her private reaction, revealed in that article, was what one would expect from any mother. I was happy to know that, because that made a lot more sense.

I think it's been very confusing and complex for both parents, along with the unimaginable loss. I do wish they weren't suing RCCL. All that does is drag out this whole painful time and make it worse. Some things I could wonder about this case are a lot worse. (please do not ask) And were there ever any answers about whether SA was inebriated or medicated or both?

When holding a child that young or younger, I would have a death grip on them; there would not be one moment of letting loose. Especially on an 11-story window in an unfamiliar place. I know I've said that here before.

The heartbreaking article about Chloe's mother about how she confronted SA privately and couldn't even speak to him for a long time was news, because publicly she supported him. Her private reaction, revealed in that article, was what one would expect from any mother. I was happy to know that, because that made a lot more sense.

I think it's been very confusing and complex for both parents, along with the unimaginable loss. I do wish they weren't suing RCCL. All that does is drag out this whole painful time and make it worse. Some things I could wonder about this case are a lot worse. (please do not ask) And were there ever any answers about whether SA was inebriated or medicated or both?

When holding a child that young or younger, I would have a death grip on them; there would not be one moment of letting loose. Especially on an 11-story window in an unfamiliar place. I know I've said that here before.

I’m not asking, but those ideas have crossed my mind, too.

I found it particularly interesting that MW, in the Motion, accuses RCCL of “attempting to frame an innocent man” , obviously referring to Sam Anello.
Definitely a libelous statement. Or am I off base?

I don't know if it is libelous, but it is a lot of horse crap-- not unexpected- it's what defense attorneys do!

This is the latest motion filed by Winkleman and the Wiegands. https://www.lipcon.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Ps-Motion-for-Partial-Summary-Judgment_FINAL.pdf

I could not locate RCCL’s new motion, which was alluded to in the Daily Mail article regarding KW’s deposition.

Thanks for posting the link to the Plantiffs' 2/8/21 Motion for Partial Summary Judgement.

I've not seen RCCL's response to this motion yet (filed 2/22/21) -- can you please post when available?

Thanks again. :)

Last edited:
I kept seeing this thread in my "followed" threads and wondered why as the criminal case was over. Never thought that the family would still pursue a civil case.

SMH SMH SMH

MOO
It will be interesting to see how the jury decides in this case. IMO, the fact that RCCL has refused to settle is very compelling.
I sincerely hope the jury keeps emotion and sentiment out of their decision making process.
Again, IMO , Sam Anello is fully and completely responsible for this tragedy. The family should not financially benefit from his negligence.

I JUST watched her video. Hmmm, maybe she shouldn't be suing then, since she admits it was SA's fault. Oh wait.. she defended him even AFTER she says she told him he killed Chloe. I call BS and this is a sympathy play for the jury. She's defended him all along. How many Go f... me's are there now?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back