Found Safe IN - Hannah Potts, 23, Princeton, missing after FB live video saying kidnapped - 24 July 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by anonypotomous, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Dylansmom08

Dylansmom08 Well-Known Member

I just listened to the audio and the last thing she said seems out of place to me if I heard it correctly she said "You have every right to feel the way you feel about your kids..." I listened to it a few times and that is what I heard. Did I hear it correctly and if so what does that mean? I'm going to listen to it again and see if anything else jumps out at me.

2. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

3. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

I looked at her FB page. She seems like a lovely farm girl. I don't think this is a Hoax. I hope they can find her by the cell phone tower. Fast.

4. lalalemon

lalalemon Well-Known Member

Totally agree!
    Had to ring 999 (I'm in the UK) when my Dad lost consciousness/had a heart attack, have never struggled to make a phonecall so much in my life! My fingers were wobbling and my brain went to jelly!

misgrn, jillybean51, Laughing and 7 others like this.
  5. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

re: FBI. I had to check because if FBI is involved, it would be really concerning.

But here it says: "The FBI office in Indianapolis tells Eyewitness News that agents in Evansville have offered assistance to the Gibson County Sheriff’s Office if needed and are monitoring the situation after a woman went missing in Princeton.

FBI monitoring Gibson County missing person case | Eyewitness News (WEHT/WTVW)

I wonder if there's any history of a mental disorder...that would lead to a disassociation of some sort.

misgrn, LadyL, kodi and 12 others like this.
  6. JC40

JC40 Well-Known Member

She names a single person "he", then switches pronouns to "they". So how many are there?

7. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing..he picked her up and put her in the trunk and took her someplace were 'they' are with maybe others.
    I pray they find her soon and she's alive.

8. Dylansmom08

Dylansmom08 Well-Known Member

They should be able to track her cell phone since she stayed on it for such a length of time hopefully they will find her quick. How accurate are phone tower records? I mean within how many miles of the location of the phone can they get?

9. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I don’t know. Her FB is limited. I noticed that in 2019 she wrote she had been hacked. That’s does occur sometimes but I’d like to know the circumstance.

What’s odd to me in this case:
    1. The tone and phrasing in the video.
    2. She’s actually made a video. Not a call. The transcript makes that clear. Did she send the video via text message or FB? That’s a lot of work for someone “panicked”.
    3. She tells her mom to call the police and “show them this video” but she doesn’t call the police herself. If she can make a video and have the wherewithal to send it somehow to her mom, she can call the cops.
    4. Susan Smith type reference to the captor.
    5. Could not sleep so wandered the area at 2:00 am.
    6. Taking photos of the animals at 2:00 a.m.
    7. The probability of a stranger being at that location (rather isolated area, I understand) coincidentally at 2:00 am when she just happened to wander around the farm because she couldn’t sleep. And since she could describe the guy but didn’t recognize him, he must be a stranger.

If it wasn’t for the tone in the video, I might wonder about the possibility of arranging to meet up with some dude from the internet and that going badly.

MerBeach, misgrn, AnnaGrace and 19 others like this.
  10. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

In the video recording and transcript-
    Hannah first describes "Him or He" singular
    Then she says, "uh I don’t think 'THEY" know I have the phone so you gotta tell, you gotta tell the cops."
    I am just curious if there is only ONE or how many are with her ?
    Also "He said something about "OHIO" Hmmm ???
    And then there is this- "You have every right to feel the way you need to about your kids.”
    Very Strange indeed.
    ??????????

11. Spartygirl

BBM-

I just asked the same thing in my post just now LOL

12. whitelilac

Couldn't sleep so went out at 2 am? this is new to me. where exactly was she taking those photos of the animals?
    she says "I was out taking those pictures of the animals" ..."those" appears to be something planned?

misgrn, Cardinal47, Laughing and 9 others like this.
  13. Spartygirl

Hannah is 6'1 tall -- pretty tall, big farm girl.
    I just cant imagine ONE guy just picking her up and tossing her in a trunk, unless he knocked her out somehow.
    JMO

14. CluelessWonder

CluelessWonder Well-Known Member

I think we may have a situation where someone is having a psychotic break of some sort.

15. gitana1

This stood out to me as super odd in context:

“He um… his voice is deep and kind of the way he called me ‘baby girl’ sent shivers down my spine, I don’t like it.“

I would expect what would have sent shivers down my spine would be being thrown into a car trunk and kidnapped.

And it would all be more than not liking it.

misgrn, HayLouise, Laughing and 14 others like this.
  16. Alice Ramnit

Alice Ramnit Well-Known Member

This is my thought too. Let's hope that we are right and that she is found soon.

17. wnk

wnk Well-Known Member

I totally agree.

1. tone/phrasing
    I can chalk a lot of this up to people just acting oddly when they're in unexpected situations. Who knows what might come to my mind to say if I were kidnapped? But some of the phrasing struck me sounding unnatural or melodramatic (e.g. "the way he called me ‘baby girl’ sent shivers down my spine").

Also, she asks, "Where is going to take me" as if she's still in the trunk but then later says that she's in a room, so if anything, she shouldn't be asking where he's going to take her, but where he already did take her.

2. video vs call
    Not knowing what kind of phone or apps she's using or how tech-savvy she is, it's hard to say which would require fewer buttons to press, but she references "this video" at the end, so obviously by then she's figured out it's a video. Did she think she was doing some sort of video chat with her mom? There's some apps that you can 'share' a video to FB, but it still takes more than one button-push.

5-6. going out to take animal pics at 2am
    As a hobby photographer, I'm struggling to understand this one, simply because the lighting would suck.

-MOO-

18. gitana1

She specifically said, though, to show the cops “this video”. And apparently she did post it to Facebook.

ETA: From the true crime link on page one, her sister stated this.

misgrn, AnnaGrace, Laughing and 10 others like this.
  19. Poedelini

Poedelini Loss Of Innocence

Yeah i find this one odd too.

20. whitelilac

IF, and hopefully, this event is a psychological issue, she might still be somewhere on this farm?
    How big is it, are there woods bordering, have all buildings been searched? She may be hiding somewhere, wandering around in woods?

misgrn, LadyL, jillybean51 and 5 others like this.