Found Safe IN - Hannah Potts, 23, Princeton, missing after FB live video saying kidnapped - 24 July 2020

It sounded like a poor acting job to me. The minute I heard the video it sounded like bull. Where is the second half of the video, BTW? I’d like to see it.

File it in my true crime mental library.

(Not mental as in “crazy” but mental as in, inside my brain).
Did you find it yet ??
I am just catching up so don't know if anyone posted it here.
If not, let me know and I will send it to you :)

I just read the sisters FB post, I am so sad for her and her family and what she put them through. We all picked up on odd stuff including her audio/video tape put out, however, I was trying to give the benefit of doubt. She most certainly needs help. I hope this family will eventually heal and forgive. Life is short. God bless them! IMO
Exactly--I called BS from the get go but I am a huge advocate for the Missing persons and want to give fair coverage/fair research to each one because sometimes we do end up with a really weird case.
So yes, I was trying to give benefit of doubt, just in case even though my instincts told me differently.
Everyone deserves fair research.
I just get really Pi$$ed off when we spend a lot of time, when LE and FBI spend a lot of time and effort , plus what the poor families go through while their loved ones are missing and it is a hoax. There are enough missing people out there that need the help of searching !!!
JMO

Exactly--I called BS from the get go but I am a huge advocate for the Missing persons and want to give fair coverage/fair research to each one because sometimes we do end up with a really weird case.
So yes, I was trying to give benefit of doubt, just in case even though my instincts told me differently.
I just get really Pi$$ed off when we spend a lot of time, when LE and FBI spend a lot of time and effort , plus what the poor families go through while their loved ones are missing and it is a hoax. There are enough missing people out there that need the help of searching !!!
JMO

Good points. People invest their energy and hearts. It’s a terrible thing to do to people.

I am going to make an exception to our rule about Facebook postings.

This is Hannah's sister Brittany Schonaman.
This post on her Facebook page offers answers to our questions.
Brittany Schonaman

Hannah’s family is extremely hurt by her actions.

Hannah needs mental health help.

Please do not trash her even though it appears she made everything up.

Thank you,
Tricia

Last edited by a moderator:
JMO

As you and I pointed out straight away. Her pronouns amongst other things (I always trust pronouns, they're instinctive and 100% reliable) gave her away.

The boy who cried wolf? Lets hope that she doesn't go missing for real one day, as if she does, people may not believe her and when she actually needs help, people won’t be out searching. I hope her family can heal from this, and that she gets the help she obviously needs!

ETA Nevermind, I found the recording. Couldn't listen to the whole thing because it made me so mad. But, nonetheless, glad she is safe.

Where can the (faked) abduction recordings be found? I am glad she is safe, but how unfortunate to put so many people in an awful situation. ETA IMO

Last edited:
I am going to make an exception to our rule about Facebook postings.

This is Hannah's sister Brittany Schonaman.
This post on her Facebook page offers answers to our questions.
Brittany Schonaman

Hannah’s family is extremely hurt by her actions.

Hannah needs mental health help.

Please do not trash her even though it appears she made everything up.

Thank you,
Tricia

Oh man, her poor family. I actually hope she is prosecuted too. Sad all round

Sort of reminds me of Maddie Bell. I wonder if the "wrong number video call" was forwarded to her family/law enforcement anonymously. That might well give Hannah plausible deniability, that she only recorded it as a performance piece and was not aware that it had been taken as possibly real. That Facebook post by her mom seems exceptionally angry, directly calling for criminal charges. I'm sure the details of their relationship would be interesting if made public.

I feel such sadness when something like this happens. It's clear to me that whatever happened to Hannah in her home-life was not healthy. It seems that Hannah was desperate to escape the situation she was in. For some reason, Hannah was unable to simply walk away. Perhaps she's scared of someone or many someones in her family. Perhaps she needed to be seen for the first time. We don't know the details of her home life, but we know that her family feels more embarrassed than loving. We know that their reputation is more important than Hannah's feelings. Hannah just made the decision to split from her whole life. That is not an easy thing to do. Her family chose to publicly shame her and shun her. Vulnerability does not appear to be an option in this family. Did Hannah leave gracefully? No! Do we know that she had that choice? No, we do not. Families are complex and there is so much more to it than we will ever know. Nothing is ever black and white. I hope Hannah is able to get counseling and recover from whatever she was running from.

I will say that her choice to choose a black man is inexcusable, and I feel she should be held accountable for that.

I suspected she was faking by her last sentence and her “help me, I’ve been kidnapped” message is very chatty while she’s suppose to be frightened and locked in a room with tiny windows by a bad man. Lol

“Um, did you, tell robin to take care of Marvin too.

Tell Gina I said thank you for everything she’s done for me at work.

You have every right to feel the way you need to about your kids.”

Hopefully she will have charges brought against her.

Last edited:
I feel such sadness when something like this happens. It's clear to me that whatever happened to Hannah in her home-life was not healthy. It seems that Hannah was desperate to escape the situation she was in. For some reason, Hannah was unable to simply walk away. Perhaps she's scared of someone or many someones in her family. Perhaps she needed to be seen for the first time. We don't know the details of her home life, but we know that her family feels more embarrassed than loving. We know that their reputation is more important than Hannah's feelings. Hannah just made the decision to split from her whole life. That is not an easy thing to do. Her family chose to publicly shame her and shun her. Vulnerability does not appear to be an option in this family. Did Hannah leave gracefully? No! Do we know that she had that choice? No, we do not. Families are complex and there is so much more to it than we will ever know. Nothing is ever black and white. I hope Hannah is able to get counseling and recover from whatever she was running from.

I will say that her choice to choose a black man is inexcusable, and I feel she should be held accountable for that.
Ok but supposedly she did this as part of some book she’s writing??? If that is true then :eek::mad:

If Hannah ran away to escape abuse at home, it makes no sense why she would call home to report her kidnapping. Surely is you were attempting to escape, the last thing you would do is reach out to the place you were trying to escape from? It appears that she was a wholesome girl from a wholesome home but then again, most people only post on social media what they want people to see. It seems she was seeking attention in some way, shape or form but the question is, why? The fact that the statements she made during the call seem to make no sense to her family, let alone us, it tells me that she was either under the influence of something, or she was suffering with some form of medical episode. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back