Found Safe IN - Hannah Potts, 23, Princeton, missing after FB live video saying kidnapped - 24 July 2020

Three numbers is difficult?
Haha, no... I'm realizing how ignorant I am about cellphones now. I was under the impression that 911 only worked from landlines and not cellphones, but after some googling I've learned that's not the case! On my iPhone there's some special way to contact emergency services through tapping on some buttons several times. I thought that was the way to "dial 911" without actually dialing the numbers, and that perhaps that would be confusing for someone under duress. But yeah, if she isn't as ignorant as I was about 911, then I have no clue why she didn't call 911. I suspect there is something going on with her state of mind that prevented her from thinking to do that. Or maybe she did call 911 and they haven't released that info, which seems unlikely.

i was just coming here to post a thread about this case. i had read about it last night on fb, but the audio had not been posted yet. super scary stuff.

maybe she called the police before or after she called her mom. she does sound really scared, and she even says "let me think" when trying to convey her message to mom, like she is having trouble thinking due to extreme panic.

Haha, no... I'm realizing how ignorant I am about cellphones now. I was under the impression that 911 only worked from landlines and not cellphones, but after some googling I've learned that's not the case! On my iPhone there's some special way to contact emergency services through tapping on some buttons several times. I thought that was the way to "dial 911" without actually dialing the numbers, and that perhaps that would be confusing for someone under duress. But yeah, if she isn't as ignorant as I was about 911, then I have no clue why she didn't call 911. I suspect there is something going on with her state of mind that prevented her from thinking to do that. Or maybe she did call 911 and they haven't released that info, which seems unlikely.

FYI: on an iphone you press the volume button (+ or -) and the home button (on the other side) down at the same time and the emergency slider will appear (8 and newer models). on older iphones (7 and below) you press the side button 5 times rapidly.

it's good info to know.

This really made me laugh, thank you for a bit of Sunday morning cheer

What do you locals think?

Lots of FB drama on this one. Apparently the video is still on her (private) FB timeline, but it hasn't been leaked. Her sister said she "hasn't gotten around" to recording it to share. However her mother is terribly afraid and the FBI is helping, so.. who knows.

Sitting on my hands for now.
BBM-
You and me both.
I am just watching for any updates at this time.
This is very strange.

Ohhhh....ok, I guess I misunderstood. I thought she'd made it as a video...it makes more sense if it was actually a voice mail from a phone. Thank you!
Oh-- got it now. I thought she made a LIVE video.
Still-- if she could call her mom, why not call 911 ??
Weird.

Heard about this via Twitter, glad to have come across a Websleuths thread already about it. I think this is my first time posting? But this is a very, very strange case. Unsure what to make of it yet...And understandably, none of us can be too certain yet but I am hoping for the best. Again, glad to see it being amplified.. especially here.

I’m curious what type of phone she has / location data available.. I’d imagine the FBI is already on that.

People usually say the primary purpose of their call right at the beginning, especially if they are frightened or upset. She didn’t ask for help or ask for somebody to find her or ask her mom to call the police.
I think her purpose was to record sounds of her gasping and asking for her mom. I’m sorry, but I don’t think she was kidnapped. I apologize ahead of time if I’m wrong!

Of course, any situation like this must be investigated as if she truly has been kidnapped because it would be horrible to just assume that she wasn’t and not do everything possible to find her. Her phone record should have a lot of good info and I hope LE is able to access it without having to waste several weeks of jumping through hoops to wrench it from the clutches of the phone company.
A crime has been committed either way. Either she has been kidnapped or she has used that the phone to falsely report a crime. IMO, her phone records are now evidence.

I agree with most about the potential of it being a hoax. I sure hope this is the case. Listening to the call, if this were me I too would talk out loud about pertinent information to share with the person on the other end of the call, in the same way the caller did. That part is jarring, because it’s something I too would do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back