IN - Hannah Wilson, 22, IU student, murdered, Brown County, 24 April 2015

Not meaning to jump in on this thread, but I am wondering if DM and Jesse Matthew here in VA followed the same playbook? The story is playing out almost identically. Just like in Matthew's case, a former rape and the resulting DNA linked him to the unsolved murder of Morgan Harrington, after he had been implicated in the SA and murder of Hannah Graham. Just like DM, he trolled for college girls who'd been drinking and victimized them, even posing as a cab driver. The similarities really are startling in the IN and VA cases.

Hunters use many similar methods to catch prey.

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Crime/2016/11/26/22686135.html#1
It remains a cliche but her disappearance is, in fact and truth, every parent’s worst nightmare. “Your life is so consumed with trying to find your loved one, you don’t even realize that time is going by,” Lauren’s mom Charlene told People last spring. “It feels to me like it’s still June 3, 2011.”
But now, after years of agony, it looks like detectives may have a strong suspect in the co-ed’s mysterious disappearance.

Hannah Wilson, 22, was another attractive college student.
On April 24, 2015, in the early morning hours, Hannah — very drunk by this point — was put into a taxi by concerned pals. She had been boozing at Kilroy’s Sports Bar — the same watering hole where Lauren was hanging out at the night she vanished.
Wilson’s battered and bloody body was found by cops in a lonely field 30 km away.
But she had made it home — her phone and bag were in her room.
Days later, cops arrested Daniel Messel. He was sentenced to 80 years in prison.
In the interim, another young woman came forward and said Messel raped her in the same chilling circumstances that saw the demise of Hannah — and disappearance of Lauren.
In a case that has vexed detectives for five long, heartbreaking years, Messel could be the missing piece of a sinister puzzle.
And the MO in all three cases is eerily similar: drunk girl, alone, same bar, then nothing.
rbbm.

In the early morning hours, Hannah — very drunk by this point — was put into a taxi by concerned pals. She had been boozing at Kilroy’s Sports Bar — the same watering hole where Lauren was hanging out at the night she vanished.

This reporter has quit a way with words..

This show and the Brown County prosecutor who secured the DM conviction for murdering HW describes exactly what he thinks happened with HW, and what we have already theorized here (prior to this show), which is that DM was heading out on S.R.45 (East/Northeast) and ran into the "Road Closed" sign, which is when HW wakes up and they fight in the lot where HW was found dead. This prosecutor also believes that DM & DH ARE connected, they DID do prison time together in the 1990s, and DH is telling the truth in his letters to the judge in the DM case. Very interesting, and begs the question again, which is where was DM taking HW when he was stopped by the closed road?

This show and the Brown County prosecutor who secured the DM conviction for murdering HW describes exactly what he thinks happened with HW, and what we have already theorized here (prior to this show), which is that DM was heading out on S.R.45 (East/Northeast) and ran into the "Road Closed" sign, which is when HW wakes up and they fight in the lot where HW was found dead. This prosecutor also believes that DM & DH ARE connected, they DID do prison time together in the 1990s, and DH is telling the truth in his letters to the judge in the DM case. Very interesting, and begs the question again, which is where was DM taking HW when he was stopped by the closed road?

JMW lives out that way. We need to get Yeahbab's map back out.
let's see....i know you already connected DM and DH but also, iirc you connected RR with one of them in jail together also.

The bridge is a ways down the road from Needmore church, but
he may have pulled in there after turning around and Hannah
tried to get away.

I get why Bessie moved this over here to Hannah's thread. By connecting DM solidly to DH through Hannah it could connect
DM to JMW, and we know that LE stated they were looking for Lauren at JMW's. And don't forget RR on his perch across the street from Kilroy's.

When we talk about RR up in the parking garage, many people might think this vantage point was further away than it is.

The road is a narrow two lanes on each side, the parking garage is directly across the street, from RR's perch on the top floor, 3 stories up, he could easily throw a baseball and hit Kilroy's front door.

While i'm not convinced of a solid "team" IMO DM didn't always work alone. he and RR had scopes, RR's a rifle scope, DM had binoculars.

Both Yeahbab's map and IMH's research needs to be combined. On that very detailed map which includes Hannah and Lauren's details,
you can follow both the actual killer's movements and also match it with the speculative scenarios from Lauren's.

With this map, we can add the other victim who lived and provided DM's DNA. iirc they also lived in the proximity of each other.

IMH, we were on the right track. Yeahbab's, your map holds a key!
iirc we set wide boundaries, including where DM might have been heading. I am so lazy. While I have been typing this I coulda already pulled the map up, lol.

I am finishing up some other research, and will try to put together a timeline, with Yeahbab's map(s), of what we seem to have so far. Unfortunately the searches of JW's properties seem to have been a bust, but I am wondering if there are other properties owned by these families that DM might have had access to. A little GIS research in Brown & Morgan County might tell us more...

The Brown county prosecutor sure seems to think there's a good chance DM is involved in LS' disappearance.

I am finishing up some other research, and will try to put together a timeline, with Yeahbab's map(s), of what we seem to have so far. Unfortunately the searches of JW's properties seem to have been a bust, but I am wondering if there are other properties owned by these families that DM might have had access to. A little GIS research in Brown & Morgan County might tell us more...

do you think they might have found something but didn,t say?

It is possible it was not enough to move on, and remember DM, DH & JW are all already serving time, so....

Messel Sexual Assault Hearing Postponed Until June 19

was postponed after court officials found out that Messel has been moved from a prison psychiatric hospital in New Castle to southern Indiana's Wabash Valley Correctional Facility.
Because the pretrial hearing is to be held via video teleconference, there was no time to establish a video connection to the Carlisle prison for the scheduled 1:30 p.m. hearing.
The pretrial hearing has been reset for 1:45 p.m. on June 19.

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (WTHR) — 13 Investigates has discovered disturbing new details about the man convicted in the murder of Indiana University student Hannah Wilson.

Daniel Messel is now facing attempted rape charges for an assault that happened more than two and a half years before Hannah was killed.

Records uncover a trail of troubling behavior that one victim says should have raised flags.

For the first time, that victim is speaking out about what she says are the scary encounters and missed clues.

[....]

The day after Messel was convicted of Hannah's murder, I.U. Police got a chilling phone call from a woman living in Tennessee. She was the attempted rape victim from September 2012 and believed Messel was her attacker, too.

University Police requested Indiana State Police run the DNA sample previously collected from under her fingernails and compare it to Messel's profile.

"The sample came back, I think, one in one-million as a match to Daniel Messel's profile," Adams said.

<snip> https://www.wthr.com/article/questions-swirl-around-history-dna-of-bloomington-killer

IMO, this makes it more plausible DM was involved in Lauren's disappearance.

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (WTHR) — 13 Investigates has discovered disturbing new details about the man convicted in the murder of Indiana University student Hannah Wilson.

Daniel Messel is now facing attempted rape charges for an assault that happened more than two and a half years before Hannah was killed.

Records uncover a trail of troubling behavior that one victim says should have raised flags.

For the first time, that victim is speaking out about what she says are the scary encounters and missed clues.

[....]

The day after Messel was convicted of Hannah's murder, I.U. Police got a chilling phone call from a woman living in Tennessee. She was the attempted rape victim from September 2012 and believed Messel was her attacker, too.

University Police requested Indiana State Police run the DNA sample previously collected from under her fingernails and compare it to Messel's profile.

"The sample came back, I think, one in one-million as a match to Daniel Messel's profile," Adams said.

<snip> https://www.wthr.com/article/questions-swirl-around-history-dna-of-bloomington-killer

That article is horrendous. The police should be ashamed of themselves. They had ways in 2012 to develop that DNA if the sample was suspected to be insufficient. The science was already there. Just lazy and non-caring, after all the girls were drinking... no excuse.

Right around the same time frame in the same area. Certainly seems more then a coinsidents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back