IN - Infant abduction report, Bloomington, 15 May 2016

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by los2188, May 15, 2016.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Infant abduction reported at Monroe County Public Library

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/ne...cle_badef8ad-6525-535b-8de3-119e52f6bd8c.html

2. Loading...

3. JanetElaine

JanetElaine Active Member

Wow seems like they were able to follow the cell phone pings quite a ways. Wonder what happened after the last reported (in the article) one.... and wonder who the woman is? So vague.... poor baby, hope they find him/her asap.

4. 1&2&3

1&2&3 Active Member

In the above news article, it states a "visitation meeting". From that, I would suspect it was the birth mother.

The article sure didn't give any identifying information about the baby. Was it a boy or girl, white, black, Hispanic, hair or no hair?
    And what about information on the woman who took the baby? How is the public suppose to help with no information?

I did learn something new - that cell phones ping every 15 minutes. Did you all know that?

It appeared LE had a good track on this woman, so hope Baby has been found by now.

5. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN New Member

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/ne...cle_badef8ad-6525-535b-8de3-119e52f6bd8c.html

I wonder what the situation is here. It was a visitation meeting per the article. LE seems to know who the abductor is as they have her phone number. I hope this newborn is found safe!

6. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN New Member

I guess we were typing at the same time! I agree, it may be the birth mother. You made a very good point. We have no information on the description of the baby or the abductor with the exception of her clothing. Clothing can be changed. What is her hair color, age, build, ethnicity?

7. KayElJay

KayElJay <b><span style="color:#000099;">WS Forum Moderator Moderator

Does anyone else find it odd that only one news outlet (at least that I can find) from the area has picked up the story so far? Even if authorities aren't asking for the public's help in locating the infant, roadblocks and block-by-block patrolling seem like they would be newsworthy.

8. OkieGranny

OkieGranny <b><span style="color:#660033;">WS Forum Coordinat Forum Coordinators

9. JanetElaine

JanetElaine Active Member

I found that very odd. Combined with no description of the infant, and the 'visitation meeting', the tracking of the phone.... easy to say now, but I did have much hope that this would end well, and quickly. So glad my gut feeling was correct. Sad situation all around though, I hope the mom gets the help she needs so she could possibly safely be able to take care of her baby sometime in the future.