Found Deceased IN - Jacqueline Watts, 33, Columbus, 3 March 2017

I'm having the hardest time processing all of this. One minute she is leaving her parent's house bound for what appears a nice weekend away, and then blocks away, is found dead within 24 hours. I just cannot imagine her family's shock and grief. Prayers for answers and peace for all her family and friends.

Nothing says she was found wet or in the river.

To be fair, I didn't say anything about her being wet either. The sand bar is part of the river. In my experience, its location would be consistent with where flow would carry her, but it is certainly possible she was further up on the bank. (but then that is a riverbank and not a sand bar)

Here is the MSM quote:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/body-of-missing-indy-woman-found-in-columbus

Police said Jacqueline Watts’ body was found on a sandbar in the Flat Rock River around 8:30 a.m.

Do keep this in mind. Columbus is 4 miles off I-65.. Dellphi is 11 miles off
I-65.The Columbus victim was found near People's Trails. The Delphi victims near Monon High Bridge Trail.

Some of the media are already suggesting the cases are connected. I can nay hope it's not true.

So, the autopsy is scheduled "tentatively" for Monday. I hope a determination can be made and it is not "inconclusive."

FTR I think it's all very potentially hinky, jmo, moo, imo. But there are always crazy coincidences here in WS. Again, going to refrain from speculation here, but t in the video Skibberina just posted of the officers walking the scene, the water looks very calm to me.

The video the the reporter posted of the officers walking through the woods? I don't think that is the river marg, I think they are heading TO the river along the north edge of the pond that is next to Riverside Drive, the reporter is standing at the edge of Riverside Drive, what you see is the pond There is another photo that says a line of 10 cars just showed up on Riverside Drive, it was posted about 45 minutes before the body was found and a couple minutes or so before the video of the officers walking through the woods.

The video the the reporter posted of the officers walking through the woods? I don't think that is the river marg, I think they are heading TO the river along the north edge of the pond that is next to Riverside Drive, the reporter is standing at the edge of Riverside Drive, what you see is the pond There is another photo that says a line of 10 cars just showed up on Riverside Drive, it was posted about 45 minutes before the body was found and a couple minutes or so before the video of the officers walking through the woods.

What was the picture of the patrol car blocking the road in one of the pictures? It looks to be right in the middle of a suburban neighborhood.

I think this is unlikely to be connected to the Delphi murders. I'm pretty sure it was obvious fairly early by looking at the girls that they had been murdered - at least that's impression I get - plus the girls clothes were seen in the creek, and I think LO would have immediately stated this was suspicious if she had been found without clothing? So MO doesn't match?
JMO
Rip Jacqueline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

News articles have stated that her car was found in the 2300 block of Riverside. I've marked approximately where 2300 and 2400 are on this map. If she got into the river from here, it looks like she went 500 to 1000 feet from the road, through a park (?) or trees, to the river. ETA: she was found to the south of here a block or two off of Newsome (downward on the map).

attachment.php

Attachments

• jacqueline2.jpg
    jacqueline2.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 457
attachment.php

News articles have stated that her car was found in the 2300 block of Riverside. I've marked approximately where 2300 and 2400 are on this map. If she got into the river from here, it looks like she went 500 to 1000 feet from the road, through a park (?) or trees, to the river.

They have said her car was nearest to Washington and 22nd. that is a home-lined street and there are homes whose backyards back up to the river. It really doesn't make a lot of sense at this point. That is a LONG way to run or walk (while leaving your car running with your purse in it) It was broad daylight, she wasn't stumbling along in the dark, I would think someone saw something. I wish LE would officially release whether or not people saw her and if she was alone, etc. I fail to see the reason why they are not.

The suicide part doesn't really make sense because why leave her car there? There are roads leading directly back to the river, why park and walk a whole block?

Another thing no one has said, her car was on a main thoroughfare...whose to say somebody ELSE didn't see her car parked there and THEY turned on the hazards so as not to have accidents occur? Somebody called in that her car was there..for some reason, everyone is assuming that SHE is the one that turned on her hazards..I'm thinking she did not.

What was the picture of the patrol car blocking the road in one of the pictures? It looks to be right in the middle of a suburban neighborhood.

I have to get off the computer now as it's almost 1am but here is another quick paint job of a map. I marked the police car that is the road block on Newsome Ave, and where I have determined the police were walking through the woods. HTH

akxykm.png

Do we know which direction the river flows? Like if she entered the river near where she parked, would she be carried toward the sandbar where she was found?

I think if the police were actively processing a 'crime' scene the LE presence would be a lot more noticeable and persistent. I don't think they would be retrieving the barrier tape just yet. I also think the tone of the presser would have been completely different had there been ANYTHING to suggest to them that there was a perpetrator at large (related to the Delphi case or not).

I think LE will get some help with this one from CCTV footage. There are million dollar homes along that stretch and from street view we can see many have front doors with clear vantage points to the road.

They have said her car was nearest to Washington and 22nd. that is a home-lined street and there are homes whose backyards back up to the river. It really doesn't make a lot of sense at this point. That is a LONG way to run or walk (while leaving your car running with your purse in it) It was broad daylight, she wasn't stumbling along in the dark, I would think someone saw something. I wish LE would officially release whether or not people saw her and if she was alone, etc. I fail to see the reason why they are not.

The suicide part doesn't really make sense because why leave her car there? There are roads leading directly back to the river, why park and walk a whole block?

Another thing no one has said, her car was on a main thoroughfare...whose to say somebody ELSE didn't see her car parked there and THEY turned on the hazards so as not to have accidents occur? Somebody called in that her car was there..for some reason, everyone is assuming that SHE is the one that turned on her hazards..I'm thinking she did not.

(bolded by me)

It could be possible, yes! And also that same person to be the one who could have left the passenger door open after turning on the hazards! Perhaps the person is affraid now of saying that to the LE in case they find them guilty of something.
Does anyone know if it was someone in the neighbourhood where the car was left that called the police about the car there?

Of course I may be wrong, but I think it makes no sense to have been Jacquie under her own free will to leave the car there with her possessions inside. Foul play comes to mind.

I am so sorry for her, for her family, for her pets... she seemed so loved and so happy.

So sad :(

Sounds like suicide. Left car and jumped in river.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

It wasn't suicide. She tried to help a stray. She fell in the water. It's freezing and the current got her. No foul play suspected.

Sounds like suicide. Left car and jumped in river.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Perhaps police are keeping what they know close to the vest until they can rule out a connection with Libby and Abby. I wish they could start the autopsy today.

She probably fell in, panicked, got swept out, drowned... it's been posted by a close family friend on FB. If I knew how to post an image, I'd share...

Could be but, before reaching the river to fall in she had to have left her car running at a certain distance with her things inside. Even if she was after a stray dog as I read some pages ago, as far as she realized that to catch the dog she had to go further and further, she certainly would turn back, park the car and lock it and then with her purse, go for the dog. Even so it doesn't make much sense, does it? And it was daylight! How could she have fell? Hmmm... this case is very strange. I don't believe suicide, it doesn't appear an accident...

How could they do that without examining her body?

There is always a preliminary examination done right away usually by the coroner or some other medical examiner. You can be assured they already know preliminary cause. To come right out and say it's a homicide, especially on the heals of the Delphi murders would cause mass hysteria.

Thread is open again.

A lot of discussion has been removed because the posts were based on FB comments. Comments by the general public that are found on social media are not to be brought to Websleuths. They are considered rumor and we do not discuss rumors here.

Please keep The Rules in mind when you post, and in this instance in particular, the rules regarding Social Media

:tyou:

:bump:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam