GUILTY IN - Jada Justice, 2, Gary, 16 June 2009

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Tonia, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Tonia

Tonia New Member

UPDATE-this missing person has been found

Police searched Wednesday for a missing Portage toddler while the relative who was baby sitting the child was taken into custody and being held as a person of interest.

Hobart police said the missing girl, Jada Justice, is 2 years and 10 months old, 2-feet-2 inches tall, weighs about 35 pounds, and is African-American. She was last seen wearing an orange skirt and a striped shirt.

The 18-year-old cousin who was watching Jada, Angelica Castillo, was in custody Wednesday at the Gary Police Department, Hobart police detective David Grissom said. He said Castillo may be charged with neglect.

Cpl. Gabrielle King of the Gary Police said Wednesday the girl was last seen sitting in a car at Glen Park Gas at Ridge Road and Louisiana Street in Gary at about 9:30 p.m. Castillo told police she went into the gas station's convenience store to buy a gallon of milk and, upon her return to the car, discovered the toddler was missing.

Jada's uncle, Mike Valdez, sought the help of the community in finding the missing girl who lives in Portage with her mom, Melissa Swointek of Portage and the girl's two brothers.

He said a missing person report was filed with the Gary Police Department but the little girl's disappearance did not meet the criteria to issue an Amber Alert.

http://www.nwi.com/articles/2009/06/17/updates/breaking_news/doc4a3941bd25862651475589.txt

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. not_my_kids

not_my_kids New Member

Oh God, not another one.

4. not_my_kids

not_my_kids New Member

As of this writing, police are still looking for a missing Portage toddler from who disappeared from a Gary gas station after her babysitter went inside for cigs and milk.

Jada Justice, 3, was reportedly taken from a car Tuesday at Ridge Road and Louisiana Street, and police have hinted that neglect charges could be filed against the 18-year-old sitter, who's a relative, sources say.

http://blogs.post-trib.com/davich/2009/06/neglectful-or-naivety-regardin.html

Take with a grain of salt until more info comesin, as this is a blog.

5. PandaJ

PandaJ New Member

I heard about this on the news. Quite honestly, I think there is way more to the story and I think LE is right on top of it. I just feel that if LE is considering neglect charges on the 18-year-old so soon, then they don't really believe her version of events, KWIM?

I also heard that they executed a search warrant on her house. I don't think they would do that if they really believed she was abducted from the car.

Just my two cents!

jmo

6. MIMOMMY

MIMOMMY Verified insider - Julia Niswender case

are you kidding? ANOTHER one? How many is this in the last few weeks?

7. not_my_kids

not_my_kids New Member

Left the baby in the car????? Who over the age of 10, doesn't know that's a dumb move? And doesn't Gary have a notoriously high crime rate to begin with?

This just sickens me, I'm sorry.

I'll shut up now until I have something worthwhile to contribute.

8. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

9. lurkeyloo

lurkeyloo New Member

Another one??? This poor baby. I hope they find her soon. They better charge the babysitter with negligence.

10. nursebeeme

[quote]But other customers told police they saw no one around Castillo's 1991 maroon Cadillac Fleetwood while it was parked in the lot.

And police dogs brought into the search found no scent in the immediate area
    .[/quote]

http://www.post-trib.com/news/lake/1627856,gmissing0618-1.article

11. nursebeeme

12. nursebeeme

13. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

Oh my look at that face. Isn't she the most beautiful baby girl? Of course I am very biased she looks like my India did when she was young, just a bit darker hair. But those eyes~sigh.

14. January.

January. Active Member

Oh no, not another one. What a breathtaking little girl. Was she in a car seat??

15. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

Where are our political leaders and LE to enforce better laws against child endangerment!
    Throw the book at these people who do not take proper care of children!
    This is getting worse every day.
    and to think these are only the ones that make the news.............
    so many more out there unreported!!!! IMO
    If this was happening somewhere else, our leaders would be helping (genicide etc)
    but in USA we save whales and not children.........MOO

16. nursebeeme

17. nursebeeme

18. nursebeeme

19. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

This is why I wouldn't leave my kids with sitters. And I didn't let them spend the night at their friends' houses. I just didn't trust something horrible happening to my kids! And I had no idea that SO MANY KIDS are abused when I made those choices, either!

It's not safe out there!!!

:praying: for this precious baby to be found safely!

20. Salem

Salem Former Member

She is beautiful! Prayers for this child, may the Angels be watching over her.

I'm sure everyone knows what is going through my mind as it appears it is very close to what is going through that of all the posters here. I will be really surprised if this baby was abducted. I hope LE finds her soon.

Salem

21. Amster

Amster Active Member

I just want to SCREAM!! :furious:

Why was a dog in heat in the crib?? And, how did boyfriend get burned??