IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. This has caught me off guard. To me, this is a different level of depravity. IMO

To me, it makes me think this brave little girl probably fought back, and fought like hell, and that prompted the dog to do what dogs do, in protecting their owner.
Not at all the dog's fault, but I do suspect this precious girl did what she could to fight this vile monster off of her.

Hypothetically, let’s say LE find evidence that JBC is responsible for the Delphi Murders. When will they charge him if he’s facing charges in a different county? Will they hold off or make it public knowledge that he’s the alleged BG? I’m not sure how they handle things like this so I’m just curious if anyone knows.

I think that if LE knew he were BG by DNA or whatever, we’d know already. I think this either isn’t BG or they can’t prove it meaning they didn’t get his DNA from Delphi CS.

I think that if LE knew he were BG by DNA or whatever, we’d know already. I think this either isn’t BG or they can’t prove it meaning they didn’t get his DNA from Delphi CS.

eta: JMO
I'm thinking we won't know anything until an arrest is made. I don't think LE would announce a DNA match before completing the rest of the investigation, but I could be wrong.

jmo

Agreed, they’d want to have all their ducks in a row before making an arrest, regardless of whether or not they have DNA. In fact, I can’t recall LE ever declaring that they have DNA on a suspect prior to making the arrest.

FWIW, I also suspect that they may have a partial profile that would allow them to possibly rule out some suspects (e.g. PE) but not necessarily be enough to point to a specific suspect. That *could* also explain why JBC’s DNA could be in the system but he was never matched.

All just speculation, of course.

Agreed, they’d want to have all their ducks in a row before making an arrest, regardless of whether or not they have DNA. In fact, I can’t recall LE ever declaring that they have DNA on a suspect prior to making the arrest.

FWIW, I also suspect that they may have a partial profile that would allow them to possibly rule out some suspects (e.g. PE) but not necessarily be enough to point to a specific suspect. That *could* also explain why JBC’s DNA could be in the system but he was never matched.

All just speculation, of course.

oops, this was intended to be a reply to @Inthedetails

Super interesting.

My take on JCB is he is all sorts of messed up. I do think he wants the company of adult women but that he is fixated on children. I don't think it's merely situational because of all the posts he made specifically about children. Kids are on his mind.

I also think he's fixated on good/bad, and he does bad things to good little girls. Likely acts on his urges when under stress, but he wants to hurt girls specifically.

I think he mistreats adult women too, fwiw.

A whole lotta messed up.

Just my opinion from observations made from my armchair.

I completely agree with you on all points. Based on his fb posts, he clearly has a severe personality disorder. Only a monster could kidnap and sexually abuse and torture a child. If the police hadn't intervened, he would have likely killer her.

I completely agree with you on all points. Based on his fb posts, he clearly has a severe personality disorder. Only a monster could kidnap and sexually abuse and torture a child. If the police hadn't intervened, he would have likely killer her.
And to have done what he did in only 30 minutes time - he had no hesitation.

But... do LE, who have full access to the entire recording of BG, who said "guys, down the hill" have far more of an audio sample to compare it to Chadwell's stupid videos?

I'm guessing that YES, they do. And in short order, we'll find out if it's a match, or not connected.

jmo

While I am no good at recognizing faces, I do seem to be able to recognize voices, even when I haven't heard them for many years. Perhaps that comes from having a music background.

I can't say for sure that the voices are a match, but there is nothing that I can hear to suggest that they are not a match.

Both voices speak with clipped-off words, have a tone that's a bit gravelly, and sound almost like the speaker is forcing a voice that is lower than his natural voice.

But maybe psychopathic murderers talk like that. We shall know soon.

Do we know if the neighbours were aware that a violent sexual offender was living among them? It seems to me that, had they known, the poor child's parents would have drilled into her to run if she ever laid eyes on that creep.

Do we know if the neighbours were aware that a violent sexual offender was living among them? It seems to me that, had they known, the poor child's parents would have drilled into her to run if she ever laid eyes on that creep.

JBC didn't have any record of being a violent sexual offender, so none of his neighbors would have had any suspicions. Not saying he hadn't done anything, just that if he did he didn't get caught.

Nobody officially knew he was a violent sexual offender. He's never been arrested for sex crimes before.

He is an ex con with a long rap sheet and warrants out for his arrest (for failure to appear in court) but no sex crime background.

jmo

There have been so many studies done--- two-way mirrors, experiments in playgrounds with LE posing as strangers bidding children to approach their cars, etc. and unfortunately, no matter how well drilled, a majority of the children still forget or disregard what they were taught. The two-way mirror study I saw had to do with children who were extensively taught never to touch a gun, yet almost all did (of course the guns were not real and the parents were with the social scientists on the other side of the mirror). The playground studies found that many children did still go with the undercover officer to pet the puppy that was allegedly in the car, and so on.

All the parents had said in advance that their own child would not do such things. As a mother, grandmother and teacher I have witnessed children disregarding/disobeying lifelong lessons more times than I can count.

Therefore, if the parents DID know this, I don't think they would have allowed their daughter to go out and about unaccompanied. I certainly wouldn't. Even if the child did obey their training ( some do), there's certainly no guarantee that a little girl can run away faster than a grown man can catch her. Especially if he had a weapon.

There have been so many studies done--- two-way mirrors, experiments in playgrounds with LE posing as strangers bidding children to approach their cars, etc. and unfortunately, no matter how well drilled, a majority of the children still forget or disregard what they were taught. The two-way mirror study I saw had to do with children who were extensively taught never to touch a gun, yet almost all did (of course the guns were not real and the parents were with the social scientists on the other side of the mirror). The playground studies found that many children did still go with the undercover officer to pet the puppy that was allegedly in the car, and so on.

All the parents had said in advance that their own child would not do such things. As a mother, grandmother and teacher I have witnessed children disregarding/disobeying lifelong lessons more times than I can count.

Therefore, if the parents DID know this, I don't think they would have allowed their daughter to go out and about unaccompanied. I certainly wouldn't. Even if the child did obey their training ( some do), there's certainly no guarantee that a little girl can run away faster than a grown man can catch her. Especially if he had a weapon.
I have volunteered with my local PD to teach internet safety to middle school children and their parents. I use shock value by revealing how many of their children were easily baited by a police officer posing as a cute young teen. The info the kids give out stops the parents in their tracks. It's real. Kids are innately innocent and easy to dupe. Sadly, this is just what Perps are looking for.
Amateur opinion and speculation

Children are taught to be polite, respectful, kind, etc. This is really important, however it makes me nervous if their gut might say something feels off/not right, but they stay polite, don't want to be rude. I want them to feel empowered in these situations and know, even though it's an adult, you can react in a way that protects you. Manners go out the window. I'm speaking in general and not on any specific case. IMO

A couple of minutes, ABC’s Inside Edition just showed a brief interview with JC’s brother who stated that when he was 4, his brother James tried to drown him, and that he doesn't remember him having the crying girl tattoo upon release from prison. Dad (calls himself step-dad) said that Chadwell could very well be responsible for Delhi murders and that he should be imprisoned and the state should throw away the key. Wow no love loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123