IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot's of good information, ideas and potential connections being posted. It's always valuable to cross reference cases and location timelines for a perp like JBC. That's how tips for LE are generated and why WS can be so helpful to LE!

I remember the Sierra Joughlin murder in 2016, James Worley abducted and murdered her. I was completely convinced he was a serial killer and would be linked to many other murders. That never happened.

Family of man being eyed by cops over 2017 Delphi railtrack murders speak out | Daily Mail Online

A man being eyed over the unsolved unsolved murders of two teenage girls in Delphi, Indiana is 'absolutely capable' of having committed the horrific crimes, his own brother says.

Ashley Chadwell said his brother 'should be locked up and never let loose again, because he’s a monster'.

Meanwhile, Chadwell's own stepfather also told Inside Edition that his stepson could be responsible for the double murders.

'Is he capable? Probably. And you know, should they let him back out on the street? Not ever. Throw away the key this time,' he stated.

I find this really telling. Usually, we here a litany of excuses and denial from the immediate family and friends of these perpetrators - "oh he could never, he's a good boy", "he's the nicest guy", "there is no way he's great", etc., etc. It's unusual for the family to be so adamant about his potential for this which makes me think it's even more likely this is definitely not his first offense of this nature.

I find this really telling. Usually, we here a litany of excuses and denial from the immediate family and friends of these perpetrators - "oh he could never, he's a good boy", "he's the nicest guy", "there is no way he's great", etc., etc. It's unusual for the family to be so adamant about his potential for this which makes me think it's even more likely this is definitely not his first offense of this nature.
I think they are eager to keep him locked up. All of their statements have blatantly said that. He is the epitome of evil and they are afraid that even if it turns out he has killed no one, he has it in him to do so. Even his track record says: Lock me up

Well, a 9yo was found in his house, beaten, bitten, and assaulted. There is not ambiguity about who is responsible, and no way they could claim he was a nice boy - and obviously they don't think he is.

jmo

Lot's of good information, ideas and potential connections being posted. It's always valuable to cross reference cases and location timelines for a perp like JBC. That's how tips for LE are generated and why WS can be so helpful to LE!

I remember the Sierra Joughlin murder in 2016, James Worley abducted and murdered her. I was completely convinced he was a serial killer and would be linked to many other murders. That never happened.

That was, I believe, the first case I followed on WS. I thought the same and have been trying to keep that in mind here.

Does anyone know approximately when the photos (used in Delphi) were first released? In noticing the tattoos, both show smiling which is obviously inconsistent with the tattoos overall. It looks like JBC is out of prison in 2017 from everyone's work last night and he managed to avoid warrants for a while. On Facebook, you can generally get an upload date of photos. It does not mean the pictures were that date but they do load in a date sequence (usually). I do not do FB or other platforms because of work security. May someone report his first date that the tattoos show up if determined and the Delphi smiling photo date (I would think right after or on 2/14? Thanks all!

yes but this case would never set a precedent because the majority of SK's ( especially those with crimes of sexual nature) are repeat offenders and will continue to murder until they are stopped..even if it's five years later...mOO

A little information I found interesting. On JBC cover Facebook page is a picture of small children. I believe this is his family and friends as children. The picture in front of the boy with the red hat is JBC - I think. Notice the RED in his hair. He must be coloring it now.

A little information I found interesting. On JBC cover Facebook page is a picture of small children. I believe this is his family and friends as children. The picture in front of the boy with the red hat is JBC - I think. Notice the RED in his hair. He must be coloring it now.
I agree about the color and did you notice the little knife he is holding.

I agree.... After now reading many of JBC's exchanges with friends on his facebook page over the years..... I don't see him as the stereotypical "loser" that I jumped to in the beginning.... He made friends, and had lots of cousin exchanges that normal people have. He had lots of respect as a tat artist. Some felt they knew him well, and just "couldn't believe" what they had found out about him...

He posted an emotional post of himself as a baby, being held by him mom (also practically a baby), and another woman who was probably his grandmother. His comments were "two of the best women in the world".

I am actually thinking he really could be the smart secret serial killer type.

just rambling....moo, moo moo....

I think it could also be related to his drinking problem. I get the impression that he becomes violent and aggressive when he's drinking. He seems to cycle between periods of sobriety when he's charming, focused, and capable of maintaining a relationship for a while, and then falling of the wagon and as one post of his says, "wrecking everything." If I have time, I want to go back in to see if I can figure out a time line of the binges. My impression is the cycle is six months to a couple of years.

It is shocking but there are more than two people who are impulsive, geographically close, and with similar traits. Neighboring Howard County, IN, which has one of the bigger cities (Kokomo) in that area near Lafayette where JBC was living, had a child rapist residing there in 2017 who had served his time for attempted rape, criminal confinement, and attempted criminal deviate conduct. This is what his court document says he did (name redacted because it is unrelated to this case):

The victim, XX, was eleven (11) years old at the time of this incident. [THE OFFENDER] posed as a police officer to gain the confidence of XX and, after getting her in his automobile, detained her there for a period of three and one-half (3 1/2) hours. He used a knife to threaten her and induce her to do what he wished. He admitted he tried to have sexual intercourse with her. He also inflicted cuts on her throat, stomach, and wrists. The record of the guilty plea hearing revealed that [THE OFFENDER] had committed similar acts four months prior to the present incident, was convicted of the crime of confinement and was placed on probation. He was still on probation for the confinement conviction at the time he committed the attempted rape in the instant cause.

Had Chadwell managed to put off the police who returned to his door that evening, and had he ended up killing his victim, LE might be right now looking into the whereabouts of the above individual instead in order to find out what happened to her.
God, I read that stuff in italics and it makes my blood boil. The justice system is severely lacking sometimes and it cause other innocents to be brutalized and maimed for life, physical and emotionally. Sorry for the small rant, I wanted it to be longer.

Thank you Yemelyan for your wealth of knowledge. It appreciated and helpful. There are too many evils lurking in communities so thank goodness JBC's neighbors were observant and caring enough to help police catch this monster.

While I think he could sometimes color his hair, I think it is naturally dark brown with a tiny auburn tint to it. Just going by his facial hair, new growth on his head where it's shaved, etc.

Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

Case: 79D02-2104-F1-000010
05/04/2021
Motion for Continuance Filed

05/04/2021
Order Issued
Granting Motion to Continue Omnibus Date

07/16/2021
Pretrial Conference
Session:
07/16/2021 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer, Steven P

08/10/2021
Jury Trial
Session:
08/10/2021 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer, Steven P
Just read it all, nothing said about any psychological tests ordered. Doesn't the judge have to ordered them done? I know JBC asked for them at his arraignment, maybe he changed his mind about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88