IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #3

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by IceIce9, Apr 21, 2021.

1. helpfulcharlie

helpfulcharlie Probably not the real Chuck Finley

I tend to agree. I think he would have attempted the hide her body nearby, like what happened to Faye Marie Swetlik in SC, I think it was the same type of deranged impulsivity (to the point of overriding better judgement and awareness of potential consequences) driving this crime as that one.

Mimi in London, Boxer, kkdj and 17 others like this.

2. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

Thank you @Niner! I guess the media just isn't covering this one? I am surprised given all the speculation.

Filly, Boxer, LaborDayRN and 21 others like this.
  3. Slawsb

Slawsb Well-Known Member

EXACTLY!!!!

Filly, Boxer, LaborDayRN and 4 others like this.
  4. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would think we would have at least heard if there were any search warrants or if LE took any evidence out of his home.

Does anyone remember how long LE investigated any of the other suspects or when they were cleared? All I remember was a lot of speculation. Not that we know he's an official suspect, but I'm wondering if LE will ever say anything more about him.

I'm guessing they will make a statement if there is a major turn in the investigation or when there's an arrest. That could be six months from now or six years. I'm just hoping it won't be never.

5. FromGermany1

FromGermany1 Don't like it, but have to wait.

Please, what does it mean? I'm translating "venue" with location. What might be exhibits for that?

Marg from Oz, Seenit, DeDee and 2 others like this.
  6. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Sorry - I have no access to the court site - you'll have ask who ever posts here on the court items. But I do know "venue" is change of location. And usually the court site doesn't really tell you "what" the exhibits are.
    I'll go ahead and tag @FrostedGlass - she helps me on the Indianan cases.

7. FrostedGlass

FrostedGlass Well-Known Member

There hasn't been anything posted about the change of venue yet. From what I've seen in the live streams, the exhibits are pieces of evidence or pictures of those pieces. Sometimes they show them on the live stream and sometimes they don't.

Updates:
    06/04/2021 = Discovery Filed
    Supplemental Discovery 6.4.21
    Filed By: State of Indiana

06/11/2021 = Status Conference
    Session: 06/11/2021 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer, Steven P

07/16/2021 = Pretrial Conference
    Session: 07/16/2021 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer, Steven P

08/17/2021 = Jury Trial
    Session: 08/10/2021 8:30 AM, Rescheduled
    Session: 08/17/2021 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer, Steven P
    Session: 08/18/2021 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer, Steven P

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  8. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

"Exhibit" is what they call pieces of evidence officially entered for a particular trial or hearing. It's the stuff that supports your side of the case. So an exhibit for a change of venue could be newspaper articles or videos from the local area that display hostility to LV and CD, or something like that.

They're submitted now so the judge can look at them ahead of the hearing. In my experience, nothing is usually released before the hearing and might not be after. It's mostly procedural.

9. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

Exactly what I think too, the exhibits feature publications or SM which are presented on the premise he cannot get a fair trial. Even if the Judge doesn’t grant a change of venue, this motion supports a possible future request for appeal of a guilty ruling. All the course of a competent legal defense - throwing spaghetti at the wall hoping something will stick.

JMO

10. FrostedGlass

08/17/2021 = Jury Trial
    Session: 08/10/2021 8:30 AM, Rescheduled
    Session: 08/17/2021 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer, Steven P
    Session: 08/18/2021 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer, Steven P

08/31/2021 = Hearing on Motion for Change of Venue
    Session: 08/31/2021 11:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Meyer, Steven P

misgrn, zencompass, Niner and 5 others like this.
  11. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 I will do it, but I won't like it

The tat on the arm looks like the Alicia photo, but reversed. MOO I don't have skills to "flip" it left to right to more compare. MOO. Perhaps someone else has that skill and can repost comparison?

Source of photo below, from your link on May 31st... I'm responding to (for some reason, doesn't expand in this post to full screen as does in your post)

[​IMG]

ETA: I think this one does... even to the number of teeth showing in the smile of Alicia.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  12. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

I wonder if he has any flame tattoos..mOO

Schatz, kai, zencompass and 3 others like this.
  13. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I don't think the tattoo has anything to do with the murders. The smiling/ crying tattoo represents hardships in life, especially for people who spent time in prison. It's also popular among gang members and can mean, laugh now and cry later, or live life in the moment and deal with the consequences later. (I think Chadwell liked to portray himself as a tough guy.) It basically means "two faces," one of happiness and one of sorrow.

He also may have had the tatto done to commemorate the loss of his mother. She was only 16 when she had him and according to his FB the image in the tatto resembles her as well.

I also don't think if he had committed murder before, he'd be wearing the evidence on his arm, let alone dropping clues on FB about RR trestles or lil' redheads.

IMO

Mamamerced, WildHuncher, CCJD and 7 others like this.
  14. Niner

I have him having a pretrial hearing on 7/16. And how come there is a motion for change of venue hearing on 8/31 when the trial starts on 8/17??? Kind of late to change the venue if the trial has already happened - ??

Filly, MsBetsy, misgrn and 7 others like this.
  15. FrostedGlass

I think the trial date will be continued; they just haven't gotten to that point yet. Have we ever had an F1 go to trial in under one year? I know it seems like a long time but it's only been 2 months since he was charged.

Alethea, Filly, MsBetsy and 6 others like this.
  16. Niner

I know it was pretty quick that they already had a trial date set for him when he had only been charged a couple of months before. I thought that was kind of weird! :)

Filly, MsBetsy, zencompass and 4 others like this.
  17. FrostedGlass

Since I've been watching cases, I think they automatically set a trial date during their first court hearing. After the first one, they either continue them or cancel them. Covid has the courts pretty messed up so I'm not sure what happens during normal times.

Alethea, Filly, MsBetsy and 6 others like this.
  18. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I thought it was weird too, but I've been so happy thinking this will be over and done with soon....now I'm thinking it will drag on just like every other case. Grrr. Was really hoping for a quick resolution.

jmo

19. zencompass

zencompass Hope springs eternal

mpnola, Niner, misgrn and 4 others like this.
  20. WildHuncher

WildHuncher Certified Insane Amateur

Per your request:

Libby Tatoo Alicia Collage.jpg

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    Marg from Oz, Filly, Niner and 2 others like this.