IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #3

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by IceIce9, Apr 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

If he does carry a gun, I doubt he'd put it on his FB because he is a felon. The other 2 things, I dont know .

Alethea and FrostedGlass like this.

2. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

I don't know if he would be known to carry a gun, as an ex con I don't think he would want to be advertising that.
    would be interesting to know if he's a leftie..chewing tobacco would not surprise me.

katydid23 likes this.
  3. racer308d

racer308d Well-Known Member

I agree with others about the gun; not sure either on the tobacco, but in his selfies he has used both his left and right hands; in one video though he is working on a drawing and is using his right.

carbuff and FrostedGlass like this.
  4. FrostedGlass

FrostedGlass Well-Known Member

Based on the video of BG, I believe he carries, he's left-handed and he spits, either from habit or chewing tobacco.

I went through JC's Indiana rap sheet, beginning in 2000, and didn't find any weapons charges. I didn't look out-of-state. He draws with his right hand so I assume he would shoot with his right hand, also. There are hundreds of men who fit his description but there seems to be something about his nose that caught the attention of the witnesses.

I'm not convinced that JC is the BG.

5. racer308d

What are your thoughts on the BG video, do you think the image is in reverse? After reading your previous post I started to wonder about it, since there is obviously something in his right jacket pocket, unless it's actually his left pocket.

katydid23 and TL4S like this.
  6. FrostedGlass

If his image is in reverse, then the bridge would also have to be in reverse, wouldn't it? Unless the clip of BG walking on the bridge has been edited in.

7. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

I'm right-handed but shoot with my left due to left eye-dominance. I don't think it's all that uncommon.

MajorHoople, carbuff and FrostedGlass like this.
  8. FrostedGlass

That's interesting; thanks. You kind of shot that part of my theory down. Wikipedia: Approximately 69.42% of the population are right-eye dominant and 29% left-eye dominant.

Do you think he would be doing his art stuff with his right hand if he was left-eye dominant?

MollyDDD and TL4S like this.
  9. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

Yes. I do art and write with my right hand. It's crazy, too, because you'd think it would be awkward to then shoot with your non-dominant hand, but it's very natural. Many times when people are poor shots, it's because they are opposite-eye dominant and don't know it.

Miigo, carbuff, katydid23 and 8 others like this.
  10. racer308d

Just thinking of your left handed theory, I know some of chadwell's photos and videos are in selfie mode, which then causes the lettering on his hat or the tattoo on his chest to be in reverse. Then what appears to be him holding the phone with his right hand is actually his left. If the video of BG was taken in selfie mode, it's possible it's flipped from the original, if I'm explaining it right. What appears to be a possible weapon in his right jacket pocket would actually be in his left pocket, and he would be walking down the right side of the bridge instead of the left. If that's the case, whatever is in BG's left pocket could indicate he's a leftie. IMO

katydid23, minazoe and FrostedGlass like this.
  11. racer308d

Wow that is interesting, I hadn't thought about that

minazoe and TL4S like this.
  12. racer308d

Man accused of Indiana child kidnapping, attempted murder has long South Dakota criminal history | KELOLAND.com

If you scroll through the posted documents, he was arrested and had in his possession a stolen hand gun. They later found a second.

13. FrostedGlass

No wonder he left SD. He has enough charges in this case to put him away for the rest of his life, which is what should happen. If he opts for a jury trial, I don't think it will matter where the jurors come from once they hear the evidence.

If he opts for a plea deal, I hope the prosecution and the judge don't go soft.

Marg from Oz, MollyDDD, Niner and 3 others like this.
  14. racer308d

Oh gosh, given his extensive criminal history and the fact he is a very violent person, should anyone go soft on him I'm sure the backlash would be incredible, and rightfully so. Even IF he is only guilty of this one horrendous crime (which I personally highly doubt, IMO), I don't see him ever getting out of prison again. Given his apparent twisted love of attention, he may get a kick out of a jury trial. JMO

15. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

I am right-handed and recently found out I am left eye dominant. supposedly kind of unusual. mOO

Marg from Oz, TL4S, racer308d and 2 others like this.
  16. Stephen2016

Stephen2016 Well-Known Member

Probably already posted but saw the question above:
    This is from the Journal and Courier from July 22nd 2021:

"..
    Chadwell continues to be investigated to determine if he's connected to the Delphi killings, Leazenby confirmed Monday, adding that so are other possible suspects.

He did not elaborate about other possible suspects...."

Accused attempted murderer James Brian Chadwell Jr. seeks venue change.

I have been wondering also why there hasn't been anything else said about him in regards to the Delphi Murders.

17. Gigiky

Gigiky Well-Known Member

Nope, they don't separate them.

Marg from Oz likes this.
  18. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

I don't remember anything about a gun in the Facebook photos.

I think he's right-handed, though as has been pointed out it's hard to tell because many of the photos and videos were flipped. Others weren't.

I formed the impression that except for the drinking problem, which he was quite open about, he was fairly clean-living. No drugs or tobacco, and mentions of paying attention to his diet.

19. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

@FrostedGlass - I have him on tomorrow 8/31 for a motions hearing & 9/17 as a pretrial conf. one. Trial starts 10/19/21.

Just wondering if that is what the court site says? TIA! :)

Marg from Oz, MsBetsy and misgrn like this.
  20. FrostedGlass

Yes, that's what is on the court site.

Marg from Oz, Miigo and Niner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.