IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing forward for reference:
02 08/17/1999 BATTERY RESULTING IN BODILY INJURY-
35-42-2-1(a)(1)(A)

03 08/17/1999 ILLEGAL CONSUMPTION OF AN ALCOHOLIC BEVE-
7.1-5-7-7(2)
04 08/17/1999 CRIMINAL RECKLESSNESS RESULTING IN SERIO-
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase
9/17/2001: South Dakota sentenced “Felon in possession of handgun”: previously posted images Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records
5/14/2009: Began supervised release SD - resided at Arch Halfway House in Sioux Falls Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records)
8/29/10: traveled to Rock Valley Iowa without permission Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records
9/2/10 Case filed in Sioux County, IA (Other Judgement) https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TIndexFrm
12/5/10: left halfway house and did not return Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records
12/6/10: Warrant issued for return to custody (Source: Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records
1/12/11: Memorandum in request of release Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records
1/18/2011: appears he was paroled Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records
10/8/2015: Parole hearing (appears granted to transition to Indiana) https://boardsandcommissions.sd.gov/bcuploads/ParoleBoardDecisionsOctober2015.pdf
1/26/2016: Updated profile pic on Facebook
3/14/16: released on OR bond in Tippecanoe County, IN Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase
5/4/16: Failure to appear Tippecanoe County, IN Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase
7/20/16 Operating Intoxicated (Kokomo, IN): Police reports July 20, 2016
1/26/2017 Case in Sioux County, IA (Case Dismissed) https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TIndexFrm
9/24/19 Protective Order (Miami County, IN): Search Protective Orders and No Contact Orders
7/21/20 Protective Order (Tippecanoe, IN): Search Protective Orders and No Contact Orders
8/10/20 - criminal trespassing and public intoxication (Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase)
4/21/21 - arrest in current case (79D04-2104-MC-000408) public.courts.in.gov

April 7, 2017-May 28, 2017

(not exhaustive)

April 5, 2017
Work/Job

* Started first day of new job at Jason Wood Excavating, LLC in Peru, Indiana

Source:

https://www.dnb.com/business-direct...ing_llc.bffaee8c7ca0ade8b973d845446a3cff.html

Facebook: Jason Wood Excavating, LLC

Industry
Site Preparation Contractors | Specialty Contractors | Excavation work

March 10, 2017
Inside Red Vehicle
Brian Chadwell

May 28, 2017
Fire pit with cement blocks, dog
(blue bag on ground next to left of fire pit?)
Facebook

Jason Wood Excavating seems to advertise workers needed on their FB page pretty regularly.... The words below were on the F B page shortly before he posted "he had started work". Laborer...own transportation. Seems as if this work still had him independent in his vehicle.....

Jason Wood Excavating, LLC
MtaorSpcttdlho 7, lsnsrno2rl01d7shtetd ·
Looking for a laborer. Hours per week will vary. Must have own transportation. Must be reliable and trustworthy. PRIVATE MESSAGE only please. Please share this post! Thank you!

Sightseeing at Purdue University
Brian Chadwell

This has bothered me for days. Imo he is scoping potential victims. Ty for posting @margarita25

This is very very eerie.

From all these posts that people are miraculously categorizing and analyzing.......................

Have there been any where he is WITH another person, or clearly joined in a group??

What an amazing source of data!! These are so rich in detail. Thanks for posting these, Grandma... learning a lot from them!

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM for reference:

Inmate faces assault sentence
October 15, 2002

“PIERRE - A South Dakota Penitentiary inmate from Rapid City faces an additional prison sentence of up to 15 years after being convicted of aggravated assault at an Oct. 11 court trial in Pierre.

““Chadwell was sentenced to prison in 2000 for an aggravated assault conviction in Pennington County. According to court records, Chadwell was convicted of punching a Rapid City police officer who was trying to arrest him in connection with damage caused to a vehicle parked in downtown Rapid City.””
Jan 16, 2003 Sioux Falls, South Dakota - Newspapers.com
upload_2021-5-3_6-25-12.jpeg
Inmate gets five years for guard attack A South Dakota State Penitentiary inmate was sentenced to 10 years, with five years suspended, for attacking a prison guard. James B. Chadwell was sentenced on Tuesday by Judge William H. Srstka Jr. Chadwell had been charged with aggravated assault after attacking a guard at the penitentiary in March 2002. He will begin serving the sentence after he completes a term for an aggravated-assault conviction from Pennington County in 2000.

*does this read like he automatically went from one incarceration to another.

*eta: James Chadwell, Pennington County,
Felony assault; Vandalism
Rapid City, South Dakota
September 7, 2000

Last edited:
*Search tip
If you’re not satisfied with the results you get the first time

add three commas after your search criteria and it will expand the outlying search bringing more geographically based results and state hits.

if you want it to reduce the expansion because you’re getting too many, put two commas after your search and it will quit getting states like New York and Pennsylvania.

*it’s all microfiche data

...and you’re welcome. my pleasure...

eta: I’ve been using a couple of other sources someone might be able to use:

TinEye Reverse Image Search
For example
Find an image you want and plug it in and it tells you where the image came from.
Then go to the link. For example I went to the link this image came from:
https://i.imgur.com/HSqfb1Zl.jpg
com/
upload_2021-5-2_11-2-16-jpeg.295435

I just found this one today
https://pholder.

*wait, I need to correct the flow on another post. So sorry. It’s too hard to do it in edit mode.

such good stuff, again.
i want to try this later....but hope I can communicate more with you...if i can't get it right!!!!
i will just private message you, so as not to waste others time with my uncertainties!

I snipped a few notes from this long article...

A psychological evaluation of the person accused can provide information concerning the likelihood that an individual would engage in the behaviors alleged. There is a regularity to persons and a link between personality and behavior.

A shy, introverted, individual is unlikely (unless under the influence of drugs or alcohol) to tell loud jokes and become the center of attention at a party. This behavior would not be unusual in a histrionic, uninhibited extrovert.

An individual cannot be selectively crazy and a disorder cannot be confined to one singular situation or behavior. Normal, functional persons do not act in highly bizarre, unusual, and totally idiosyncratic ways.
A profile includes demographic data such as age, sex, and education, the modus operandi, and ambiguous personality traits such as "loner" and "low self-esteem." Data used to generate profiles are developed from clues found at the crime scene, information about the victim, forensic science reports, and witness statements. Profile evidence is usually not admissible in court,
Therefore, if the attorney wants to enter the results of a psychological evaluation into evidence, the proposed testimony must be differentiated from profile evidence. If it is defined or characterized as "profile evidence" it is unlikely to be admitted. To permit an adversary to characterize a carefully done psychological evaluation as profile evidence is a grievous error.

The proper response is to immediately object and then elicit testimony from the expert as to the difference.
IPT Journal - "Psychological Evaluations You Need for Trial: What They Can and Cannot Do"

Mental illness and/or mental fitness is not only relevant in a criminal proceeding; it may be relevant in a civil case as well. Civil court defendants, debtors and others brought before the court may suffer from mental disorders such as PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, or Borderline Personality Disorder. These disorders could affect the outcome of the case.
Court Ordered Psychological Evaluations — DML Psychological
Services, PLLC

I have no doubt that he has mental health/psychological disorders...however, having a diagnosable psychiatric disorder does not mean that a person is insane.

However, imo, he was sane in the as far as the criminal sense or definition.

James Brian Chadwell Reduced charge: reckless driving Nov 30, 2010 - Newspapers.com
James Brian Chadwell II, 31, Sioux Falls, pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of reckless driving; $150 fine and sentenced to 90 days jail time, sentence suspended.

Clipping from Rapid City Journal - Newspapers.com
In other 7th Circuit Court cases: James Chadwell, 21. Rapid City, was charged with felony assault and vandalism. According to case records, Chadwell and a second man allegedly damaged a vehicle parked outside a downtown Rapid City business. Chadwell also is accused of punching a Rapid City police officer attempting to arrest htm. Aggravated assault carries a maximum sentence of 15 years In prison and a $ 1 5,000 fine. First-degree vandalism carries a maximum sentence of 10 years In prison and a $10,000 fine.
Rapid City Journal
***everyone feel free to use this acct.
Rapid City, South Dakota
07 Sep 2000, Thu • Page 17

Last edited:
Last edited:
Chadwell’s earliest charges

Court
Miami Circuit Court
Case Type
CF - Criminal Felony
Filed
08/19/1999
Status
01/04/2000, Decided
Charges
BATTERY RESULTING IN SERIOUS BODILY INJU-, BATTERY RESULTING IN BODILY INJURY-, ILLEGAL CONSUMPTION OF AN ALCOHOLIC BEVE-, CRIMINAL RECKLESSNESS RESULTING IN SERIO-
Parties
State of Indiana, Chadwell
Attorneys
Boonstra, Embrey
Filed 08/19/1999
St V Chadwell
34D03-9905-IF-001341

Court
Howard Superior Court 3
Case Type
IF - Infraction
Filed
05/12/1999
Status
03/09/2005, Decided
Charges
MOPED VIOLATION-
Parties
Attorneys
Fleming
Filed 05/12/1999
St Vs James B Chadwell II
52C01-9904-CM-000074

Court
Miami Circuit Court
Case Type
CM - Criminal Misdemeanor
Filed
04/09/1999
Status
07/23/1999, Decided
Charges
BATTERY RESULTING IN BODILY INJURY-
Parties
Attorneys
Embrey

St Vs James B Chadwell II
52C01-9904-CM-000073

Court
Miami Circuit Court
Case Type
Filed
04/08/1999
Status
04/09/1999, Decided
Charges
ILLEGAL POSSESSION OF AN ALCOHOLIC BEVER-
Parties
Attorneys
Boonstra, Embrey
Filed 04/08/1999
St V Chadwell
85D01-9806-CM-000517

Court
Wabash Superior Court
Case Type
Filed
06/08/1998
Status
06/09/1998, Decided
Charges
ILL POSS OF ALCOHOL-
Parties
Attorneys
Hartley

James Brian Chadwell Reduced charge: reckless driving Nov 30, 2010 - Newspapers.com
James Brian Chadwell II, 31, Sioux Falls, pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of reckless driving; $150 fine and sentenced to 90 days jail time, sentence suspended.

Clipping from Rapid City Journal - Newspapers.com
In other 7th Circuit Court cases: James Chadwell, 21. Rapid City, was charged with felony assault and vandalism. According to case records, Chadwell and a second man allegedly damaged a vehicle parked outside a downtown Rapid City business. Chadwell also is accused of punching a Rapid City police officer attempting to arrest htm. Aggravated assault carries a maximum sentence of 15 years In prison and a $ 1 5,000 fine. First-degree vandalism carries a maximum sentence of 10 years In prison and a $10,000 fine.
Rapid City Journal
Rapid City, South Dakota

07 Sep 2000, Thu • Page 17

So this dimwit managed to turn vandalism into a number of years in prison with a series of remarkably poor decisions and poor impulse control. Vandalism -> arrest -> punch cop -> assault -> prison -> punch guard -> more prison. I guess eventually he learned some self-control, he did manage to get out.

He assaulted a prison guard. No woman.
I thought he had an order of protection after he assaulted a girlfriend/ fiancee and then violated the protection order? That was long after he assaulted the prison guard. I wondered if that's what the domestic abuse charge was related to. Or maybe he assaulted her and then she got the protection from abuse order. I was thinking that's what put him back in jail, though. It's hard to keep all of his crimes straight.

Last edited:
He was under restraint warrant from Sept 2010 until Sept 2011 and he ...

What was the "violation?"

Incarcerated for what in 2011? Where? He was under court order for domestic abuse in Iowa 2011-2012.

I'm curious about factual links, not speculation that he was in jail during a restraining order. Where we he in jail in 2010?

<modsnip>
I read he was in prison in SD initially so maybe after he got out he later spent time incarcerated in Iowa? In one of his FB posts he indicated that he went to prison when he was 21, messed up, (I'm assuming that was the assault of the prison guard,) and spent 13 1/2 years in prison. I would assume it wasn't 13 1/2 consecutive years since at one time he was allegedly in a halfway house (that may have been around 2012) and he was charged with domestic assault. Going by his FB posts that likely involved the woman he was engaged to.

I haven't seen any indication that he spent any jail time in Indiana after he got out (apparently in 2016) but he had one felony charge and at least one misdemeanor, from what I've read.

We don't really have any factual links except for his charges that are posted here somewhere. Imo

Jason Wood Excavating seems to advertise workers needed on their FB page pretty regularly.... The words below were on the F B page shortly before he posted "he had started work". Laborer...own transportation. Seems as if this work still had him independent in his vehicle.....

Jason Wood Excavating, LLC
MtaorSpcttdlho 7, lsnsrno2rl01d7shtetd ·
Looking for a laborer. Hours per week will vary. Must have own transportation. Must be reliable and trustworthy. PRIVATE MESSAGE only please. Please share this post! Thank you!
I think that "own transportation" probably means he needs to be able to provide his own way to work, not that he would need to have a vehicle for work. For example, if he didn't have a car, he could get a ride from someone, take public transportation, ride a bike, or even walk.

At least that is how most people in my area in similiar fields use that terminology in job ads.

So this dimwit managed to turn vandalism into a number of years in prison with a series of remarkably poor decisions and poor impulse control. Vandalism -> arrest -> punch cop -> assault -> prison -> punch guard -> more prison. I guess eventually he learned some self-control, he did manage to get out.
Bingo on the string of poor decisions and acting on impulse.

He did manage to get out of prison, only to keep getting in trouble. At the time of his arrest this month, he had two warrants out on him. (I personally don't think he really cared.)

jmo

I thought he had an order of protection after he assaulted a girlfriend/ fiancee and then violated the protection order? That was long after he assaulted the prison guard. I wondered if that's what the domestic abuse charge was related to. Or maybe he assaulted her and then she got the protection from abuse order. I was thinking that's what put him back in jail, though. It's hard to keep all of his crimes straight.
It is super hard to keep track of his crimes and sentencing. I have been going through them methodically and I get mixed up. I really wonder if he could keep track which crimes he was on parole/probation for. He didn't always bother showing up for court dates so I don't think any of it mattered to him. He lives in the moment. My opinion.

jmo

This is very very eerie.

From all these posts that people are miraculously categorizing and analyzing.......................

Have there been any where he is WITH another person, or clearly joined in a group??

That’s the one thing that has stood out to me about this guy. He seems to be a loner. In one of his TicToks he actually says he DOESN'T LIKE PEOPLE!

He camps alone, sounds like he goes to bars alone etc. Never really talks about hanging with the guys and doing this or that. He always seems to be alone.

If JBC is who, and what we think he is, he leads a very solitary life perhaps by design. If you aren’t close to anyone then you keep all your secrets hidden well and nobody really seems to “know” you! No one to provide alibis either which may come back to bite him in the *advertiser censored*.

Great way to stay under the radar.

His BFF seems to be FB.

MOO

such good stuff, again.
i want to try this later....but hope I can communicate more with you...if i can't get it right!!!!
i will just private message you, so as not to waste others time with my uncertainties!
@imstilla.grandma too
Yes I saw this yesterday and want to try it. You come up with some intersting stuff.
3 commas after to expand, 2 commas after to condense. Do I have that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee