IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can’t believe that two years after the fact LE had lightbulb moment in announcing the killer was familiar with the area. IMO those statements were intended to reduce the amount of tips coming in about possible sightings of suspects from faraway places with no known connection to Delphi or even Indiana whatsoever, in hopes of boosting the quality of tips.

Delphi murders: After 3 years, police say case isn't cold
“One area where State Police have been unusually forthcoming is in their belief that the suspect or suspects in the Delphi slayings is familiar with the town and the trail area.

"That is one of the theories that we have, that either the person is from the area, or visits frequently, that he's been to the area more than once," Riley said.

“It's probably one of the stronger theories that we have at this time, based on the terrain and the location. We have a strong suspicion that the person is either from the area, has visited there before or has lived in the Delphi area for a number of years."....”

Yes from the Journal and Courier April 23 2019 pg 2 : upload_2021-5-16_14-7-6.png

Last edited:
Alright, got something for you folks to look into, Karena McClerkin:

WS:
IN - IN - Karena McClerkin, 18, Kokomo, 11 Oct 2016

Where was James Chadwell on this date of 11 Oct 2016?

For some cross reference (media thread not complete) :
IN - James Chadwell II, 42, missing girl, 9, found in his home, 19 April 2021, MEDIA *NO DISCUSSION*

“Ashley said his brother was living in Kokomo in 2017 when the Delphi girls were murdered.” / source

I found this over 2016
James Brian Chadwell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

“He was sentenced in June 2016. In August 2016, he allegedly violated probation. In November 2016, he was taken to jail and held without bond, but a few days later, the state and probation officer agreed “to an OR release of the defendant from the CCJ.” A hearing was scheduled for April 2017 in the case.”

All this said, if he is into younger girls 18 looks completely different already.

I found this over 2016
James Brian Chadwell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

“He was sentenced in June 2016. In August 2016, he allegedly violated probation. In November 2016, he was taken to jail and held without bond, but a few days later, the state and probation officer agreed “to an OR release of the defendant from the CCJ.” A hearing was scheduled for April 2017 in the case.”

All this said, if he is into younger girls 18 looks completely different already.

Hmmm.

(Quote brought over to Karena’s thread for discussion.)

Alright, got something for you folks to look into, Karena McClerkin:

WS:
IN - IN - Karena McClerkin, 18, Kokomo, 11 Oct 2016

Where was James Chadwell on this date of 11 Oct 2016?

For some cross reference (media thread not complete) :
IN - James Chadwell II, 42, missing girl, 9, found in his home, 19 April 2021, MEDIA *NO DISCUSSION*

“Ashley said his brother was living in Kokomo in 2017 when the Delphi girls were murdered.” / source

Inmate hopes her information will help bring closure to Karena McClerkin's family
Renee Murphy, 49, is serving time for dealing heroin and a home detention violation but she says she’s heard things from behind those bars and she hopes some of them will help bring closure to the family of Karena McClerkin. McClerkin has been missing since October 11, 2016.

<modsnip>

KOKOMO- It’s been nearly four years since Karena McClerkin went missing and to this day no one knows what happened to her.

At the time of her disappearance she was 18.

Gerry McClerkin is Karena’s grandmother. She wants to know what happened to her granddaughter.

“The last words I heard my granddaughter tell me when I asked her to move in with me was, ‘I’ll be okay mamaw,’” McClerkin explained.

A missing person’s report for Karena was filed on October 12, 2016. She was last seen in the 1000 block of S. Washington St.

“She walked into a house on S Washington; the 1000 block; and she never walked out supposedly,” McClerkin said.

In the past four years, investigators say they’ve pursued numerous leads, but they found nothing.

They believe this investigation can be resolved. They’re asking if anyone knows something say something.

“I still see girls walking today that remind me of Karena. I will physically stop my car, back up and look at them to see if it’s her; but it’s not,” McClerkin explained.

Gerry has had many sleepless nights waiting for answers. She believes her granddaughter is dead.

This week, a group of volunteers helped McClerkin search for Karena’s remains in local ponds.

They thought they’d found something but came up empty handed.

“My son stood up and walked away and went down on his knees. All I could do is stand there and pray, but it was just a tire and a log,” McClerkin said.

Gerry admits her granddaughter had a drug problem and ran around with the wrong people. This doesn’t mean she wasn’t important to the family.

“She wanted to come clean. She was a good kid. She really was,” McClerkin said.

Gerry hopes another four years doesn’t go by without any answers because the family wants closure.

The Kokomo Police Department continues to ask for the community’s assistance in locating Karena McClerkin. Anyone with any information that they believe may be helpful in locating Karena McClerkin is asked to contact Sergeant Richard Benzinger at (765) 456-7324 or the Kokomo Police Department Hotline at (765) 456-7017.

You may qualify for a cash reward by calling Central Indiana Crime Stoppers at 1-800-262-TIPS with your anonymous tip. Kokomo woman wants answers in granddaughter’s disappearance | Fox 59

Last edited by a moderator:
Inmate hopes her information will help bring closure to Karena McClerkin's family
Renee Murphy, 49, is serving time for dealing heroin and a home detention violation but she says she’s heard things from behind those bars and she hopes some of them will help bring closure to the family of Karena McClerkin. McClerkin has been missing since October 11, 2016.

<modsnip>

KOKOMO- It’s been nearly four years since Karena McClerkin went missing and to this day no one knows what happened to her.

At the time of her disappearance she was 18.

Gerry McClerkin is Karena’s grandmother. She wants to know what happened to her granddaughter.

“The last words I heard my granddaughter tell me when I asked her to move in with me was, ‘I’ll be okay mamaw,’” McClerkin explained.

A missing person’s report for Karena was filed on October 12, 2016. She was last seen in the 1000 block of S. Washington St.

“She walked into a house on S Washington; the 1000 block; and she never walked out supposedly,” McClerkin said.

In the past four years, investigators say they’ve pursued numerous leads, but they found nothing.

They believe this investigation can be resolved. They’re asking if anyone knows something say something.

“I still see girls walking today that remind me of Karena. I will physically stop my car, back up and look at them to see if it’s her; but it’s not,” McClerkin explained.

Gerry has had many sleepless nights waiting for answers. She believes her granddaughter is dead.

This week, a group of volunteers helped McClerkin search for Karena’s remains in local ponds.

They thought they’d found something but came up empty handed.

“My son stood up and walked away and went down on his knees. All I could do is stand there and pray, but it was just a tire and a log,” McClerkin said.

Gerry admits her granddaughter had a drug problem and ran around with the wrong people. This doesn’t mean she wasn’t important to the family.

“She wanted to come clean. She was a good kid. She really was,” McClerkin said.

Gerry hopes another four years doesn’t go by without any answers because the family wants closure.

The Kokomo Police Department continues to ask for the community’s assistance in locating Karena McClerkin. Anyone with any information that they believe may be helpful in locating Karena McClerkin is asked to contact Sergeant Richard Benzinger at (765) 456-7324 or the Kokomo Police Department Hotline at (765) 456-7017.

You may qualify for a cash reward by calling Central Indiana Crime Stoppers at 1-800-262-TIPS with your anonymous tip. Kokomo woman wants answers in granddaughter’s disappearance | Fox 59

JMO JBC has nothing to do with this young girls death.

Poor Mamaw.

I don't think the girls knew their killer unless you are insinuating they recognized him from seeing him earlier along the trail but I do agree with everything else you mentioned.

BP has stated how surprised she's been when out and about that so many people are not aware of the double murders even those residing close to Delphi. Some folks just don't keep up with the news like most of us do.

I've studied the presser for hints of body language from both Carter and Tobe. ATT of the heavily anticipated conference, I searched for every photo I could find of that presser to study people who attended it.

It is disappointing that the press didn't slowly scan the room with their camera after Carter stated the murderer may be in the room with them. Only recently, when I purchased a sub to jconline news, did I see an image of MP who was standing by the door during the presser. BP and AW were sitting in front of him. There are over 20 photos from it at this link.
Delphi murders update: ISP shares new sketch, video, audio

It doesn’t surprise me that there are people around Delphi who don’t know about this case. I know people who never watch or read any news, they get a newspaper delivered, for the coupons, and don’t read a thing in it. They vote but know nothing about the candidates, or politics, they vote for who is popular amongst their friends.
I think there are probably more people who spend their off work time gaming and watching FX or whatever than people who are informed about what goes on in the world.

It doesn’t surprise me that there are people around Delphi who don’t know about this case. I know people who never watch or read any news, they get a newspaper delivered, for the coupons, and don’t read a thing in it. They vote but know nothing about the candidates, or politics, they vote for who is popular amongst their friends.
I think there are probably more people who spend their off work time gaming and watching FX or whatever than people who are informed about what goes on in the world.

I love our many differences though or else what a boring world it would be. I prefer my friends to be informed tho so we can discuss current events, by example.

My preferred habit is visiting WS and it's free! Although I'm quite willing to pay a nominal fee to get rid of the interfering videos that pop up and the ads that cover an entire page that must be clicked off.

What may be even more astonishing is so many local residents do not even know the MHB exists. Perhaps, HLN brought in a greater viewing audience for the case than other avenues. Yet, as you mentioned, so many do not watch Headline News. Cable TV in my area is buried cables so it's a bit pricey. Others may not be capable of affording cable, esp during these harsher covid-ridden times.

Don't think James Caldwell missed out on watching the last big presser, although I know it's possible that he didn't see it.

Has anyone found a TV in and among JCs images?

Apparently "investigative reporters" for at least one news station in South Dakota has/have finally heard about JBCII. This article does try to add a few details about the time JBCII spent involved in the judicial system in SD, but it seems obvious to me that either the "investigative reporter(s)" from this news station are also not able to dig up the level of detail about those dates of when JBCII was actually incarcerated, when he was in some sort of supervised living situation (& just how strictly supervised that would have been), or when he may have had a little more freedom to roam (so to speak) that could have allowed him to commit other crimes that could be of interest, OR, the "investigative reporter" involved here just doesn't think JBCII could be capable of other crimes (or maybe she just doesn't care or realize that a person of his age that was caught *in the act* of doing what he was doing to a 9 year old, likely did not just wake up that day and decide to SA & darned near kill a 9 year old in an extremely violent manner). I had actually been eagerly waiting a story from this news station as I had hoped that they would have spent more time digging into this and (hopefully) providing MUCH more detail than they did here. I will say that I am extremely disappointed in this story but will try to retain some optimism that perhaps the news station (or their "investigative reporter") might be able to share a few more details in a future article.
Man accused of Indiana child kidnapping, attempted murder has long South Dakota criminal history | KELOLAND.com

Apparently "investigative reporters" for at least one news station in South Dakota has/have finally heard about JBCII. This article does try to add a few details about the time JBCII spent involved in the judicial system in SD, but it seems obvious to me that either the "investigative reporter(s)" from this news station are also not able to dig up the level of detail about those dates of when JBCII was actually incarcerated, when he was in some sort of supervised living situation (& just how strictly supervised that would have been), or when he may have had a little more freedom to roam (so to speak) that could have allowed him to commit other crimes that could be of interest, OR, the "investigative reporter" involved here just doesn't think JBCII could be capable of other crimes (or maybe she just doesn't care or realize that a person of his age that was caught *in the act* of doing what he was doing to a 9 year old, likely did not just wake up that day and decide to SA & darned near kill a 9 year old in an extremely violent manner). I had actually been eagerly waiting a story from this news station as I had hoped that they would have spent more time digging into this and (hopefully) providing MUCH more detail than they did here. I will say that I am extremely disappointed in this story but will try to retain some optimism that perhaps the news station (or their "investigative reporter") might be able to share a few more details in a future article.
Man accused of Indiana child kidnapping, attempted murder has long South Dakota criminal history | KELOLAND.com

Thank you, Finn. Glad the news is spreading. Did you post the link in the media thread for us?

From the link:
He got out on parole in 2009, but was sent back to prison in 2012, after getting his second DUI with 10-and-11-year-old children in the car.

While initially charged with child abuse, he plead guilty to contributing to the neglect of a child–a misdemeanor.

Chadwell was released on parole again in 2013, but a few months later burglarized a Sioux Falls business and his wife turned him in.

Thank you, Finn. Glad the news is spreading. Did you post the link in the media thread for us?

From the link:
He got out on parole in 2009, but was sent back to prison in 2012, after getting his second DUI with 10-and-11-year-old children in the car.

While initially charged with child abuse, he plead guilty to contributing to the neglect of a child–a misdemeanor.

Chadwell was released on parole again in 2013, but a few months later burglarized a Sioux Falls business and his wife turned him in.
When was the 2012 DUI??? Is there a date listed?

From the link:

There seems to be, essentially, no stretch of time when he wasn't either breaking the law or in prison. He might not have been caught for all his crimes, but he never lived as law-abiding.

jmo

From the link:

Interesting that his wife turned him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth