GUILTY IN - Jamie Garnett, 34, stabbed to death, Gary, 13 Feb 2017 *15 yo daughter Arrested*

What age is her sibling who went to the aunt's too?

Wonder how much information the sibling can give on the details as to what happened in her home? S/he must have a few points to give LE so they have an idea of what transpired.

I hope they find this girl safe.

I'm really concerned why she ran away if there was a genuine intruder?

The map says the distance from her mom's to her aunt's is just under a mile. Why did she have to go so far to call 911?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confused a bit. I just got up not long ago after staying up almost all night so I might be missing something but I'm bumping my post with the article that says

"Gary police were dispatched at about 2:10 a.m. to the 4400 block of West 23rd Place, where they found a woman inside who was unresponsive, the release states."

And the map of the 2 addresses which are approx 5 miles apart?

Maybe she was trying to go back and help mom?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm also confused by the details from the aunt and the classification of 'Abducted' They don't add up

Most women killed in their home are killed by a husband, bf or X . ( no link but you all know it's so ) So, where is mom''s significant other?

http://wgntv.com/2017/02/13/amber-alert-issued-from-missing-gary-teen/

According to the above article Chastinea dropped her 4 year old sibling off at their aunts and then took off.

So many unanswered questions, especially Chastinea's usual mode of transportation. Is it safe to assume the family did not have a car or msm would be reporting if a vehicle were missing or found at the home?

It's hard for me to envision a scenario where a perp would allow the 4 you old to be taken to a safe place if Chastinea was taken against her will. Why not just leave the 4 year old home with the deceased mother? Wouldn't it be a bit risky for the offender to being caught by the Aunt during the drop off?

I find it interesting msm is not commenting on whether or not there has been any kind previous domestic violence in the home. No mention of any problems with boyfriends of either the mother or Chastinea.

Most women killed in their home are killed by a husband, bf or X . ( no link but you all know it's so ) So, where is mom''s significant other?
Or the daughters bf....that's where my mind is on this one

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Confused a bit. I just got up not long ago after staying up almost all night so I might be missing something but I'm bumping my post with the article that says

"Gary police were dispatched at about 2:10 a.m. to the 4400 block of West 23rd Place, where they found a woman inside who was unresponsive, the release states."

And the map of the 2 addresses which are approx 5 miles apart?

This article says:
4400 block of West 23rd Street in Gary
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_5cb10408-ce9c-5a61-8015-a4591725dcd1.html

There isn't even a 23rd St. in Gary...It's either West 23rd Pl., West 23rd. Ave (which are literally right behind one another and 4-5 miles from the place CR was last seen), or East 23rd Ave. (which is .8 miles from where CR was last seen).

East 23rd Ave. (the one .8 miles from where CR was last seen) ends at the 2700 block, so I think it must be West. https://www.google.com/maps/@41.575...J_ncRddowjcV9K1YEA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

The map says the distance from her mom's to her aunt's is just under a mile. Why did she have to go so far to call 911?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think of 0.8 mile as very far, especially if I was in a hurry to get away from the scene of the crime. But I guess if you had a 4-year-old with you, it's quite a distance. And if it's the other East 23rd Ave, it becomes unlikely that they walked. That would take over an hour.

I can think of several reasons for going to the aunt's to call:

panic, went to a familiar place/person
fear, ran out of the house without phone
couldn't get to the phone because killer was still there
doesn't have her own phone, or it was lost or taken by the killer
didn't know what to do
wanted to get the child to safety first

http://wgntv.com/2017/02/13/amber-alert-issued-from-missing-gary-teen/

According to the above article Chastinea dropped her 4 year old sibling off at their aunts and then took off.

So many unanswered questions, especially Chastinea's usual mode of transportation. Is it safe to assume the family did not have a car or msm would be reporting if a vehicle were missing or found at the home?

It's hard for me to envision a scenario where a perp would allow the 4 you old to be taken to a safe place if Chastinea was taken against her will. Why not just leave the 4 year old home with the deceased mother? Wouldn't it be a bit risky for the offender to being caught by the Aunt during the drop off?

I find it interesting msm is not commenting on whether or not there has been any kind previous domestic violence in the home. No mention of any problems with boyfriends of either the mother or Chastinea.

If the various media outlets can't even agree on the address of the mother' murder, I don't see why they would be accurate about the vehicle or anything else.

I'm not sure why the kidnapper would let her drop the child off but it doesn't seem implausible to me. Maybe she talked him into it, convinced him the child was too young to be a witness, didn't want him along, whatever.

Possible scenario that works in my little brain - bad guy shows up and and not a complete unknown - Chas and baby sister are elsewhere in the apartment - argument/fight ensues between mom and bad guy and based on past experience, Chas knows it's a dangerous situation. She takes off to get baby sister to aunt's house, maybe mentions bad guy's name, says he's at the house, you call 911 and I'm going back to check on mom. She heads back to check on mom and bad guy intercepts her either at the apartment or along the way. Aunt tells police where Chas was headed and they have some reason to believe the bad guy got her and she's in extreme danger. I agree with Cubby (above post) - who were the people in mom's and Chas's life that maybe have some issues?

Has anything been reported on cause of death?

Possible scenario that works in my little brain - bad guy shows up and and not a complete unknown - Chas and baby sister are elsewhere in the apartment - argument/fight ensues between mom and bad guy and based on past experience, Chas knows it's a dangerous situation. She takes off to get baby sister to aunt's house, maybe mentions bad guy's name, says he's at the house, you call 911 and I'm going back to check on mom. She heads back to check on mom and bad guy intercepts her either at the apartment or along the way. Aunt tells police where Chas was headed and they have some reason to believe the bad guy got her and she's in extreme danger. I agree with Cubby (above post) - who were the people in mom's and Chas's life that maybe have some issues?

I think this theory is excellent

This is what I was thinking or Bad guy says "you have XX minutes to get back here or I will kill your mom"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back