IN IN - Jessica Masker, 24, Indianapolis, 15 April 2013

Jessica's Charley Project page has been updated.
Jessica Lynne Masker – The Charley Project
  • Missing Since 04/15/2013
  • Missing From Indianapolis, Indiana
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth03/18/1989 (33)
  • Age24 years old
  • Height and Weight5'2, 95 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A red and black plaid jacket with a fur-trimmed hood, blue jeans and pink and gray sneakers.
  • Medical Conditions Masker is addicted to prescription drugs and was treated for a drug overdose just prior to her disappearance. She had been in rehabilitation programs three times, but would always relapse. She is also deaf in one of her ears.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Masker has the following tattoos: the word "LIL" on the inside of her right wrist, the name "ROB" on her left wrist, the name "TRAVIS" on the back of her neck, a large flower on her lower back, a vine on her right leg, and a tattoo on her upper right arm/shoulder. Photos of some her tattoos are posted with this case summary. Masker's nicknames are Jess and Jessie.
Details of Disappearance
Masker was last seen in the 2100 block of Napoleon Street in Indianapolis, Indiana on April 15, 2013. The day before, she'd been involuntarily committed to a hospital after possibly taking a drug overdose.

After checking out of the hospital, she went to stay with a cousin. She left the residence after an argument. At 4:30 a.m., she called her mother, saying two men "came at her wrong" and that she was going to walk to Emerson Avenue and 21st Street to meet up with her boyfriend. She has never been heard from again.

Masker had given birth to a baby boy, her second child, two months before her disappearance. The baby was born drug-dependent and premature, and was still in the neonatal ICU unit at the hospital. His mother had been visiting him regularly.

Prior to her disappearance, she had dropped out of high school and worked as an exotic dancer to support herself and her children. In spite of her drug addiction and her lifestyle, her loved ones stated it's uncharacteristic of her to be out of touch with them.

Just days before her disappearance, Masker had to be hospitalized after her boyfriend assaulted her. He was arrested for battery. Masker's family stated the boyfriend regularly physically beat her and had broken bones multiple times, and that he also gave her drugs.

He was questioned by police after Masker's disappearance and said he does not know what happened to her, but the detective who interviewed him believes he knows more about her disappearance than he has said. Many potential witnesses in the case are involved in the drug culture and have not been cooperative with police.

Although police stated there's no evidence of foul play in Masker's disappearance, her family believes she was abducted, possibly by someone she knew, and the police also believe she is deceased. Her case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Indianapolis Police Department 317-327-6184
Source Information

Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 17, 2022; medical conditions and details of disappearance updated

-baby born premature just 2months prior to her vanishing-
-she was allegedly visiting/calling regularly
-supposed to put him up for adoption (according to her past posts on Facebook)

-Mother = Cheri Edwards claims, 'people keep asking' 'what she expects',
-----her simple response?
she expects us all to see Jessica as somebody's daughter and mother-----
her daughter----her grandbabies mommy. Her sister's best friend.
A child of God.

My heart melts for her as I read this......
How awful it would be, so many years spent subtly drowning in the dark.
On top of heavy hauntings, this ongoing trauma stacks against you completely.
Strangers pretending to be helping, all while treating Jessie Lynne like a dirty secret!!
As if her 'job' is reason enough to weigh out her role and right to be safe.

She deserves to be fought for.... She is a human being, her own person.
She has an entire identity, apart from mothering and being a child.
She was an addict, a survivor of ongoing abuse and overdose!
As I search for clues in their stories--in their lives-- I see a lost soul!!!
I read posts from a woman who is hurting, crying out constantly, -yet- still seeking God!!
I see an apologetic child for her distance and at times for her poor decisions.
I see, plain as day, a desire to love and to be delivered.
Most importantly, I see God working in her life!
He is clearly fighting for Jessie, in spite of herself!

Sure, for some her sin APPEARS worse than most--- or more likely = worse than their own.
This misconception places their own mess above hers!
Putting their own rejection and conviction at ease by using prideful judgement to serve themselves. Insisting that her lifestyle makes for a strong argument against the tragedy and the urgency of the matter!!!Please know that I do NOT say this to randomly rant or to judge you; I see what I, myself, had to overcome. It feels as if now is why I encountered such adversity. -- Technically, we are all in this predicament, as far as active threats to our normalcy goes. WE ALL FALL SHORT-EVERY SINGLE DAY.
THERE IS NO MEASURING CUP FOR SIN.
IT IS WHAT IT IS.

It may lead us into vulnerable positions such as these,
however, it is far from a justification for demonic ways of thinking!

Dismissing her situation and her right to be searched for shines light on this sense of false morality many of us seek through these cases. If finding any amount of information leads you to: blame, ignore, or bash them--resulting in us no longer feel called to help, that is a VERY dangerous place to be.

THEY ARE NEVER GOING TO GIVE UP ON HER OR SEARCHING FOR HER-
THEY CONTINUALLY SEEK LEADS, but they seem to have grown weary.
Her mother declares that 'something has to change!' Revealing what keeps them going.
The remnant of hope fuels her survival instinct.
Further proving that: together in our faithful fight, we CAN help one another stand, even in times that the cunning devil is betting on our downfall!!

Last edited:
There was just a local news report on this case online and a feature story on the news with some of her family members being interviewed.

Masker’s family says she had just given birth to a premature baby who was still in the hospital, who she regularly went to see when she went missing.
According to her family, Masker had also been in an abusive relationship and was struggling to kick a drug habit.

Another local news report yesterday:

Jessica's sisters and parents met Saturday to post flyers around the city to remind the community that she is still missing.

"We're not gonna ever forget she's missing and we want to make sure the world knows her name as well," Jason Edwards, Jessica's brother, said. "Everybody that knows her name is one step closer to getting the information that we need to bring her home and get that closure that we deserve."

Video:

"Somebody knows. Somebody knows where she is, if she's alive or … somebody knows," said Amanda McKnight, Masker's best friend.

McKnight said Masker has missed out on so much.
"Kids being born. Her kids and everything going on in her kids' lives and just life in general," McKnight said.

Some nights Ashley Masker will look up at the sky and think about her sister, who went missing 10 years ago.

“What if Jessica can see the moon,” Ashley Masker asked. “I know that’s crazy. If Jessica reads this, I just want her to be strong because we are not giving up until she is home safe.”

Jessica Masker was 24 and had recently given birth to her second son when she went missing on the east side of Indianapolis on April 15, 2013. Even after a decade gone, the missing woman still feels close to her parents and seven brothers and sisters.

Missing Woman

Source: Facebook / facebook

INDIANAPOLIS — Jessica Masker left her cousin’s house on Indy’s East side on April 15, 2013. That was the last time anyone saw or heard from her. Masker was a mother of two; her infant was still hospitalized. Over the past ten years, Jessica’s mother and sister have hosted events and used social media to keep her memory alive. They also believe her boyfriend was the last one she called before her disappearance. The man was convicted of domestic battery for beating her days before she went missing.

Several missing person’s websites over the years have speculated about Jessica Masker’s disappearance, but no clues have surfaced. Police say she called her brother to come to pick her up, but he was running late for work. Masker walked to a gas station where police say she’s on tape walking away from that station. The family says IMPD didn’t take her disappearance seriously because of her history of drug use. Days before she went missing, she was hospitalized for an overdose.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back