IN IN - Lake Village, 'Adam' & 'Brad' 999UMIN & 1384UMIN, Eyler victims, Oct'83

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Cubby, Feb 27, 2010.

1. EffyElsewhere

EffyElsewhere Active Member

Has Raymond Hunley http://nampn.org/cases/hunley_raymond.html been suggested for UP # 6105?

I found several news article clippings from 1983 about the four bodies found. There's a reoccurring mention that there might be a relation to a string of unsolved homosexual killings in Indiana and Illinois that occured within a similiar time frame.
    https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=5ocDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3516,1722147&hl=en

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=fNYEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2655,3759335&hl=en

2. CountEveryMoment

CountEveryMoment Member

3. CountEveryMoment

CountEveryMoment Member

I don't know if anyone had pointed it out yet, but Brads tattoo is similar to a Pachuco Cross, but this one has only 2 lines radiating instead of 3. I don't know the significance of it though. I thought I would just point it out.

4. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

New article on Adam & Brad.

Read More:

http://wthitv.com/2016/08/11/they-g...ng-to-identify-victims-from-larry-eyler-case/

5. HoaZi

HoaZi Member

I'm currently researching Eyler's Doe victims. In addition to Adam, Brad, and the Jasper Doe, a John Doe in Hendricks county gets mentioned in some places but not in others, so I haven't been able to pin down if Hendricks is one of his, too. Is McCord still the coroner in Newton county? Their website lists someone else as a contact. I live in driving distance and would love to talk to someone about this case, but want to get in more research before I do so.

carbuff likes this.
  6. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Scott McCord is retired as the Newton County Coroner. He is now a councilman. But from what I understand, he is still working on these cases in his retirement.

7. HoaZi

HoaZi Member

Thank you, that will help a lot. I'm digging farther in, I've just been busy on other projects.

8. WanABDetectiV

WanABDetectiV New Member

I have what could be a potential match for Adam - The Doe Network: 999UMIN

Potential Match - Missing Person Case

In my opinion the height and weight are almost spot and there weren't any details about clothing or circumstances so it's possible hitchhiking could have gotten him from Washington State to Indiana within the two year period between when he went missing and when they think the victim may have died.

Let me know what you all think.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  9. WanABDetectiV

WanABDetectiV New Member

10. AlwaysCoffee

AlwaysCoffee Member

I know I'm just a newbie (so what do I know?), but I think you may be onto something here. Did you report this?

11. AlwaysCoffee

AlwaysCoffee Member

I'm very new at sleuthing, but I'd like to help out with identifying these does in any way that I can. My dad was almost abducted by Eyler back in the early '80s. If he didn't run away, I wouldn't be here... I think I owe it to these young men to at least try to help give them their names back.

carbuff likes this.
  12. AlwaysCoffee

AlwaysCoffee Member

Let me try my hand at this...

Relman M. Goolsby is a little old and heavy for a potential match to Adam, but I find him to be strikingly similar, so I think he's worth mentioning. Plus, based on his fashion tastes, he seems like the kind of guy who would like wearing a devil belt.
    Relman M. Goolsby – The Charley Project

William Christopher Delk may be a stretch, but has he been considered as a match for Adam?
    William Christopher Delk – The Charley Project

As for Brad, I think he resembles Frank Lamont Fox...
    Frank Lamont Fox – The Charley Project

...and David Robert Gionet.
    David Robert Gionet – The Charley Project

13. b741ma

b741ma Well-Known Member

I think there is pretty good chance that Brad or Adam may have not been reported missing. According to Eyler he paid Adam to perform a sex act before he murdered him. This leads me to believe that Brad or Adam may have been LGBT youth who were disowned by the parents. The 1970s and 80s were not the best times to be gay or bisexual and back then (and sadly even today) a lot of homeless LGBT youth take up prostitution in order to survive. It's very possible that they were not reported missing by their families because they were ashamed of their sexual orientation. Some have theorized that Adam was from St. Louis which makes sense as the St. Louis area has a large African-American community and Terre Haute, Indiana is on the way from St. Louis to New York City, which back in the 1980s had a thriving gay scene. It's very possible Adam was hitchhiking to New York from St. Louis when he crossed paths with Eyler.

This makes it certainly more difficult to identify Brad and Adam but not impossible. This case may be able to be solved with forensic genealogy but it's not definite.

Walko, Iona and Tabirey like this.