IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #14

Discussion in 'Lauren Spierer' started by bessie, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Maybe the "activity" is not relevant to anything LE needs help from the public with, if they know who is on the video and know what is happening on it.

2. Whatever1

Whatever1 New Member

We had a case near us recently where the victim was in the basement of the perp the whole time. People were in and out of their house, reporters, police, friends, etc.

3. Whatever1

Whatever1 New Member

I'm thinking it could be somewhat relevant, and that's why the police haven't given anymore information regarding it.

4. elmomom

elmomom Well-Known Member

And this is the problem. Very very few parents ever imagine that their son or daughter could be guilty. I think emotional and psychological denial is vastly underestimated. And I think it is the reason that some parents defend their children even when presented clear and unambiguous evidence against them.
    123F I dodn't mean to say anything one way or another about you or your son, I just wanted to use your words as an example. If you feel this way about the character of your child (and most parents do) AND he ends up guilty, then it would be extremely difficult for you to reconcile that with the person you "knew" would never do this.

5. VeryVeritas

VeryVeritas Former Member

Seems strange that JR would be off by an hour when saying that LS called DR at 4:15 when a call was placed to DR at 4:15 from JR's phone. So, in this case IF LS left a full hour earlier, then JR isn't mistaken by 1 hr, he would be LYING about 4:15 to 4:30, and then you would have to ask WHY?

6. elmomom

elmomom Well-Known Member

Recently, I really haven't gotten the sense from LE that they feel the public can help them any longer, so there is no need to give us information either. jmho.

7. Jupiter812

Jupiter812 New Member

o-m-g

8. mountainguy777

mountainguy777 Former Member

Could be that the activity would be embarassing to lauren and her family, and isn't worth enough to release publicly.

9. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Relevant to what they need help from the public about, is what I said. It could be very relevant to what ultimately happened.

10. 123F

123F New Member

I understand and agree, but I can also say that if the LE told me that my son was a POI and told me that he was the last person to see LS alive, I would certainly have some doubts of my son. Perhaps it is because I was raised by a strict father whose profession was a Juvenile Probation Officer. Most of his "kids" fit the description of over privileged rich kids who "got off" with probation because their parents had high priced attornies.

11. Jupiter812

Jupiter812 New Member

12. Blythe

Blythe Member

Some researchers say this is a sort of "psychological immune system". Anyway, apparently there are not enough moral compasses to go around in this economy.

13. northsider

northsider New Member

I've missed a lot of posts over the last few days, so my apologies if this was answered already. Has there been any mention of POIs or other related people living on 7th Street near Lincoln?

I'm curious as to why local TV reporters were poking around there yesterday afternoon.

14. bx2

bx2 New Member

For those who are suspecting JR was directly involved in the disappearance, I'm curious as to what your thoughts are on why he would voluntarily admit to seeing LS at all.

If, from the very beginning, he had maintained that he never saw her after she left his place for Sports, do we know anything at all that would contradict that?

15. goodgirl65

goodgirl65 New Member

If JR or any other of the PsOI feared some unnamed player here, someone they thought could do them real harm, they they very well might be inclined to keep their stories straight, then their mouths shut....

16. porchpile

porchpile New Member

The testimony of CR and MB would contradict that.

ETA: actually just MB.

17. pinkinablueworld

pinkinablueworld Well-Known Member

IMO, if LE felt it was a random abduction, there would be so much more in the way of warnings, added protection in area, talk of buddy system, profile of an abductor. I'm going to age myself big time with this bit of information....I was at Florida State University during the Chi O sorority murders by Ted Bundy. Granted the girls had been murdered, but they didn't have a suspect. I realize LS is missing and it is different, but the tone on campus of fear continued for a very long time. No one felt safe. Do you feel LE's actions show they are worried about the a repeat abduction?

18. ci2i

ci2i For Ethan

Maybe his buddy who was visiting him at the time had his watch set to MI time. Aren't they an hour ahead?

19. Jupiter812

Jupiter812 New Member

I haven't missed much here. That has not come up that I'm aware of. I know there are rather high-end apts on the north side tho.

20. VeryVeritas

VeryVeritas Former Member

There are approximately 115 stranger abductions of children, approximately half of which end in murder, which brings the total down to 57 (which is about 1 in 2 Million since there are around 100 million children under 18) . The number of adults abducted is sad to be far less(could not find exact number), so if you narrow it white, female between 18 and 21, yes it starts to increase the odds more. Then, factor in the very small window of opportunity - I think it's more like 1 in 5 billion, but raised the chance to 1 in 500 million to be conservative. Show me some better math and maybe I'll be convinced of some higher odds, but it's certainly no higher than it is for a child stranger abduction/murder and that still puts is as the least likely statistical option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.