IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the no trespass list at Smallwood
Early in the case I read that this list contains about 300 names and it's not taken all that seriously. I'm sure security guards vary in their adherence to it as well.

LE was pretty clear there was no mystery man, as far as they are concerned...meaning that even if the event did happen at 3:38AM they believe they know who it was...but they seemed to say that it did not happen at 3:38AM, in a roundabout sorta way, which still makes me think that what she saw DID happen, at another time, is not on video and LE knows who "slung" Lauren over their shoulder. Maybe that clock the witness looked at was wrong-all the video clocks seemed to be off. Anyway I believe LE on this one, that the last good sighting is 2:51AM and that Lauren DID go to JR's as I still doubt he would place her there that late/early unless she was there and someone else knew it, or unless he is totally telling all he knows.

in any case, if there was a person who was sighted with LS over his shoulder, that man's identity is still a mystery to us, which is why I call him the mystery man.

Well, I can tell you at least one of them is indeed neck deep in this case, because I have seen and interacted with him at McNutt. That building is the Glenn Black Lab, which is attached to the Mathers Museum.

Well then. Now we're getting somewhere. As far as I know we've not discussed a POI in this neighborhood (said with a quiet surge if adrenaline).

in any case, if there was a person who was sighted with LS over his shoulder, that man's identity is still a mystery to us, which is why I call him the mystery man.

Well, we have not been told who she was walking with at 2:51AM officially either, so another potential "mystery man."

Some random musings:

Anyone here find it odd that after the altercation, LS didn't want to call it a night? I would find a small fight like that a bit sobering. She does her good deed and helps CR home (did I read that they were supporting each other?) But apparently she musters the energy to visit JR?

Also, assuming LS paid JR a visit, how did she know that JR was awake at that early hour? Was there a light on? Was the door open? Was music playing? Or maybe she just knew from previous weekends that he'd be up at that time given the "culture" of the building and students.

I don't believe that DR was at the sports bar, was he? But if he was, and Lauren didn't have pockets, she may have given him her phone to hold, thus explaining the early morning phone call to him.

Also strange to me is that a roommate of a year wouldn't be aware of LS's heart condition, but maybe LS didn't advertise it.

FWIW...This photo was tweeted by AT -- the reporter for the Bloomington Times Herald who is covering the story.
I know, Tony. I follow her tweets. The links are fine. Posting a photo of the home with the address was the problem. It would be different if we had an official report that a LE search took place there.

DR to my knowledge was not at Kilroy's.. From my understanding it was Lauren and Corey tht went to Kilroy's for all of 41 mins..

And I believe that LTL just posted that the pic with the 3detectives was actually a building attached to Mathers Museum.. Is that correct?? So it wasn't even jWs? Or am I misunderstanding?

Well then. Now we're getting somewhere. As far as I know we've not discussed a POI in this neighborhood (said with a quiet surge if adrenaline).

Jupiter, I believe that is the neighborhood where JW lives. One of the pictures posted his address.

And I believe that LTL just posted that the pic with the 3detectives was actually a building attached to Mathers Museum.. Is that correct?? So it wasn't even jWs? Or am I misunderstanding?

JW's house is literally right across from the Mathers Museum, which could explain why they were standing there. I just looked it up on Google Maps and used street view. They were standing across the street from his house in that pic.

Well, I can tell you at least one of them is indeed neck deep in this case, because I have seen and interacted with him at McNutt. That building is the Glenn Black Lab, which is attached to the Mathers Museum.

Never mind. I just noticed the brick street that Jesse lives on meaning close to The GB Lab. This is even further than I thought.

I'm still on the fence, but here's a scenario with Lauren at JR's apt at 3:10, and at Tenth & College with mystery man at 3:38.

Lauren and CR walk from Smallwood to CR/MB's apt. MB puts CR to bed (3:10?), Lauren goes to JR's to party some more. JR falls asleep; Lauren leaves around 3:30 and is spotted at 3:38 by the witness at Tenth & College. Later that day JR hears that Lauren is missing; he lies about watching her leave at 4:30...she was fine...not stumbling...so he doesn't look like such an awful person for not walking her home.

JR's visiting friend could have been asleep in one of the bedrooms, or too drunk to care that Lauren was leaving without shoes, keys or cell phone. Hard to explain the 4:15 call to DR. Maybe JR woke up, noticed she was gone, and called DR to see if she was back at Smallwood.

And there might not be any video of 3:38 sighting if it happened on the sidewalk on College- outside of the breezeway.
JMHO
not saying this is going on, but here is another possibility. a guy's involved with a crime at a crime scene. He then changes the location of where he and the apparent victim were...because he knows there's no incriminating evidence at the 2nd location, and also in an attempt to keep cops away from the 1st location-the actual crime scene. a diversional tactic. the same thing could be said about the 4:15 call. guy A calls guy B and credits the victim with making the call...with the cooperation of guy B, of course...guy B might not actually be there, but later says he was asleep. This is in no way, a real theory of mine. I don't know enough facts to have much of a theory, but I am trying put myself in LE's shoes, and I think they're considering all possibilities. MOO..

Jupiter, I believe that is the neighborhood where JW lives. One of the pictures posted his address.

Thank you. I'm viewing on my smart phone screen. I read JW lived behind Yogi's. And I thought that wAs far for her to walk. Wow.

Excellent thought, dodie!!

You are one smart cookie and I always look forward to reading your posts in all forums(not just here)..

Interesting as well as very real possibility IMO..

My opinion, if police are still searching at different locations, then they really don't have a good idea of what actually happened.

It sounds too complicated to me to have tried diverting the locale where Lauren last was, and seems that would have fallen apart by now...or perhaps it is doing so now, we can always hope...

It sounds too complicated to me to have tried diverting the locale where Lauren last was, and seems that would have fallen apart by now...or perhaps it is doing so now, we can always hope...

ITA. Appears to be rather unlikely to me as well.

The detectives in that photo are indeed in front of a wall outside the Mathers Museum, which is about a block away from JW's residence. There is still someone living at that residence, it appears.

On another note, I'd be curious to find out what door LS came out of with her mystery companion after the altercation in Smallwood. I'm thinking they came out of the stairwell door next to the parking garage entryway, because it's directly across from the alley.

Wild speculation, but I wonder if she (they) went that direction to try and be hidden in the darkness of the alley between 9th and 10th streets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie