IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I'll try to log on more often :)

So you're saying this person told you that calls were triangulated to Martinsville and made from there at approx. 4 AM the morning of 6/3 from the last person to see her??

I just want to make sure. Because if that's the case, then everything snaps into focus for a scenario I've been contemplating.

Sorry I can't be sure of this triangulation. I don't want to give the impression that I am sure. In fact, if I asked my person, it's likely s/he wouldn't be able to say for sure either. They are not as interested in the case as I am.

It was such valuable info, I tried to stay calm and collected, like "yawn" when inside I was racing. I did clarify the person and time.

Isn't this enough for you to share your scenario now? Can't leave us hanging.

Thanks, but I don't know how to tell the location of the specific points. And why must Smallwood/Kilroy be included? Why not some other entity?

Thanks, but I don't know how to tell the location of the specific points. And why must Smallwood/Kilroy be included? Why not some other entity?

I'm no expert, but I studied beside someone who is, and the last locations of where a missing person is, needs to be factored in, plus the spot where any cell phone activity concerning POI's or Lauren came in.

I should also add, because Kilroy's/Smallwood/5 North Townhouses are so close in proximity they would almost be considered one. It's geographical profiling. I've honestly attempted to stay silent, but I'm wondering if the section of highway that LE searched, isn't in relation to my map. Does anyone know?

Bradford Woods is owned and operated by the School of HPER. It's basically a training ground for recreation majors. It's about a 30 minute drive, just north of Martinsville on state road 67 (which is an alternate way for people from Bloomington to get to Indianapolis).

The only things there are a couple of cabins (mostly used for university meeting spaces) and a bunch of outdoor recreation areas....

I hope it's ok to post the below link (fairly new here). If not, I apologize.

According to http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/30/news.qp-0075723.sto, DR is a recreational sports management major in the HPER at IU. For what it's worth.

After reading Northsider's "rumor" post, I have created in my mind the most logical scenario to me...

LS leaves Smallwood with every intention of going back to ZO's to get more coke, after she puts CR to bed. While at CR's she asks MB to go with her (hence asking him if he wants to party). He declines, so she goes to JR's and asks him to go with her.

LS and JR leave JR's together (we know there are no surveillance cameras infront of JR's or else LS would have been seen leaving at the supposed 4:30am time) to go to ZO's.

From here there are two possible scenarios...
scenario 1) JR leaves ZO's alone and returns to his home at 4:30am (which is probably why that is the time he gave since it was already in his head). The 4am call was to DB to come get LS as she was in bad shape. LS has no other way to get home so ZO lets her sleep there. He wakes up to LS deceased and then disposes of her body and tells JR to concoct a story.

Scenario 2) LS od's while JR is still at ZO's and JR calls DB at 4am to get help, maybe he is the only one with a car? ZO, JR and possibly others then dispose of her body and JR has to concoct a story about when he saw her last, thereby absolving both him and ZO of any involvement since she left and he has "no idea what happened to her" after that.

IMHO

Oh, that's interesting. Can we find out if he would've been familiar with the HPER facilities? Or is that something more for professional conferences & upperclassmen?

I'll try to find out ... maybe the IU website will have info. It may take a bit ... I keep losing my internet connection today!

Oh, that's interesting. Can we find out if he would've been familiar with the HPER facilities? Or is that something more for professional conferences & upperclassmen?

Definitely could have been. Lots of student groups, even outside of HPER, use the Bradford Woods facility for retreats, team-building exercies,etc. I had a leadership retreat there when I was a freshman, so it's definitely not just for upperclassmen or even just for HPER students. (I was a business student.) Ironically, I'm in Martinsville this week for work, so it's interesting that this potential Martinsville connection just popped up. I would love to know more about whose phone supposedly pinged here, and how that was determined in the first place. The Martinsville area isn't somewhere that an IU student would go without a specific reason, or unless they were passing through on their way to Indy or beyond.

Sorry, I'll try to log on more often :)

So you're saying this person told you that calls were triangulated to Martinsville and made from there at approx. 4 AM the morning of 6/3 from the last person to see her??

I just want to make sure. Because if that's the case, then everything snaps into focus for a scenario I've been contemplating.

I remember hearing freshman year (I am JWs age) that AEPi dropped their pledge class off in martinsville with no phones or wallets, and were told to make it back on their own. I believe that was one of the reasons they were kicked off campus. When I heard martinsville on the fathers day search I was reminded of that situation. What do you think??

I'm no expert, but I studied beside someone who is, and the last locations of where a missing person is, needs to be factored in, plus the spot where any cell phone activity concerning POI's or Lauren came in.

I should also add, because Kilroy's/Smallwood/5 North Townhouses are so close in proximity they would almost be considered one. It's geographical profiling. I've honestly attempted to stay silent, but I'm wondering if the section of highway that LE searched, isn't in relation to my map. Does anyone know?

Mamamia, what I said in my previous message about specific points--I meant on your image. I don't know what the tiny icons are and I have no idea geographically, what part of the area your image covers, so I don't know if it's the same area that was searched. I can tell you this:

The area searched on June 19 by LE was:

* near Monroe-Morgan County line
* near State Road 37

There's some basic info on Bradford Woods at IU's HPER webpage. There's also a reference to it under the info page for recreational sport management majors (special opportunities for ...), see http://exploremajors.indiana.edu/index.php?nodeID=major;majorsID=223. So DR could obviously have been aware of it. I suspect there are field work opportunities there for that major, at the very least.

There's a summer camp for youth with physical challenges held at Bradford Woods called Camp Riley. It does run in late May and mid June but doesn't appear to have been in session June 3-4. There are water activities at that camp, such as swimming, implying there's a lake or some body of water at Bradford Woods.

On a rather sad note, my web search showed that missing/deceased IU freshman Jill Behrman volunteered at Bradford Woods while a high school senior. What a small world it is ...

Mamamia, what I said in my previous message about specific points--I meant on your image. I don't know what the tiny icons are and I have no idea geographically, what part of the area your image covers, so I don't know if it's the same area that was searched. I can tell you this:

* near State Road 37

I found a specific location from news video. They searched "Legendary Hilll". If you want to see where that is you have to search "Legendary Drive" (I used Google maps).

So your map is very close, Mamamia. Maybe 2 miles off. There is a Verizon cell tower very close by!

Surely this is all related. Why else would they have searched the area so intensely--state, county, and local police, plus dogs and emergency teams and helicopters--for hours. All that for a call about a suspicious smell? I don't think so.

But since they didn't find her, what to do with this info?

What if the caller made call while passing through Martinsville en route to Indianapolis or Detroit?

Definitely could have been. Lots of student groups, even outside of HPER, use the Bradford Woods facility for retreats, team-building exercies,etc. I had a leadership retreat there when I was a freshman, so it's definitely not just for upperclassmen or even just for HPER students. (I was a business student.) Ironically, I'm in Martinsville this week for work, so it's interesting that this potential Martinsville connection just popped up. I would love to know more about whose phone supposedly pinged here, and how that was determined in the first place. The Martinsville area isn't somewhere that an IU student would go without a specific reason, or unless they were passing through on their way to Indy or beyond.

JR was the last person to see her as far as we know.

* near State Road 37

Oh, so sorry, the area that I have centered on the photo is north state route 37, just north of the Oliver Winery - Stag Tool Works is about in that location as well, and what might be the county line but I'm not sure. It almost looks like a bypass or something.

hahaha. Ooops! this whole time I have thought his initials were DB. Darn initials so confusing.

thanks!
DR is good friends with LS and HT and lives in Smallwood. He accompanied LS to JRs where she met up with CR, and later left to go to Kilroys. I am not sure but I think HT said that after that, DR went back to Smallwood (though we do not know at what time he left JRs) There is a video of him being interviewed from the next day as he is helping with the searches. He did not get an attorney right away, but did end up getting one to handle a previous case that had a bench warrant out on him and he had to respond on June 12th I believe. And I am glad someone found the info about his major, as soon as I read about the Martinsville link to his major, I wanted to post (but I see as I caught up someone else caught it!)

DB is the supposed initials of JRs guest from home, but we do not know that for certain.

Interesting. Since you've been around for a while you know what Martinsville is like. I know of Black professors who will not stop at the fast food drive-ins there. Doubt if there are many, if any, menorahs in Mville.

Considering we only have one synagogue here in Bloomington, hiiighly doubtful! Quite a change of pace where I'm from, my high school was on the same roa as 3 synagogues and a JCC! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73