IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTHR 13 News channel has their mobile news truck setting up cameras pointed at Smallwood right now.

Dunno why. Maybe nothing. No other news crews are there.

That was back in June?

the article was written today! looks like the search is ongoing, and BPD were on top of the landfill. That's probably why the Spierer's wanted to stop that petition from going around - because they were on it! Either way this makes me feel a lot better.

the article was written today! looks like the search is ongoing, and BPD were on top of the landfill. That's probably why the Spierer's wanted to stop that petition from going around - because they were on it! Either way this makes me feel a lot better.

But we had statements quite recently that landfills were not searched.
????

That was back in June? I hope they at least weren't piling garbage on top of where the body could possibly be if she was dumped into garbage when she went missing.

Weird, it does say the search warrant was from June. But the article was posted today and says they'll start the search soon. What took so long? But I'm so excited that it's happening at least!

Well that just brought tears to my eyes! Omg i hope they find her. News says a local excavation company will start work this week? The paper work was filed june 16th for a warrant to search the landfill.
As much as i hate to think shes in that landfill.....i just want her parents to be able to take her home.
Its gonna be alot of work going thru that landfill

Well that just brought tears to my eyes! Omg i hope they find her. News says a local excavation company will start work this week? The paper work was filed june 16th for a warrant to search the landfill.
As much as i hate to think shes in that landfill.....i just want her parents to be able to take her home.
Its gonna be alot of work going thru that landfill

I've been curious from the beginning if police got to the dumpsters in time.
If they are going to search the landfill, then likely they did not get to all of the dumpsters in time. Also, that explains why parents didn't want any petitions signed-if parents knew LE was going to do it anyway.

Alright. Not my favorite topic but this has been bothering me.

If two different search/cadaver dogs indicated LS at a dumpster "in the area" but yet LE doesn't believe she's in the landfill, what does this mean? Do any of these fit?

a. The dogs are wrong.
b. She was in the dumpster at some point but was moved before the dumpster was emptied.
c. She was near the dumpster alive or not, but never in it.
d. Other?

LE did not report the result of the dog search.

The psychic's results with her dog are not reliable.

The cadaver dog can detect decomposing remains, but not whose remains they are. A Bloomington-based gossip blog stated that a homeless person had been killed, and his remains were found in a dumpster. Very unlikely that this body was found in the 5 North dumpster, but given that this type of crime has reportedly occurred in this area, maybe some other body had been found in the 5 North dumpster at some earlier point. Plus, maybe the dogs are not 100% accurate, and they register when they smell rotting food.

A search dog would likely register LS's scent, but camera images have already established that she had been in the area.

I've been curious from the beginning if police got to the dumpsters in time.
If they are going to search the landfill, then likely they did not get to all of the dumpsters in time. Also, that explains why parents didn't want any petitions signed-if parents knew LE was going to do it anyway.

The dumpsters were likely emptied before 5:00 pm on June 3.

WHY did it take this long to search the landfills? You have months of garbage piled on top of any potential evidence. I don't understand why it took so long.

Where is Vigo county? I remember that a while ago, we were discussing a transfer station...is the landfill they're talking about now the same as the transfer station, or maybe the final destination of the stuff that passes through the transfer station?

I dont think the cops are going to tell us anything at all. I mean they knew they filed the search warrant on june 16th and didnt say a word when everybody was freaking out about the landfill. Oh i pray they know MUCH more than we do

I believe I remember hearing that 5 North privately contracted for garbage hauling (is someone able to confirm?). I so hope that this Sycamore Ridge Landfill is where their garbage ends up.

I'm on the scene. Just spoke with the on-camera reporter he's live at 6. Be back later..

Where is Vigo county? I remember that a while ago, we were discussing a transfer station...is the landfill they're talking about now the same as the transfer station, or maybe the final destination of the stuff that passes through the transfer station?

Western edge of IN. Includes Terre Haute. I believe it is the final destination.

WHY did it take this long to search the landfills? You have months of garbage piled on top of any potential evidence. I don't understand why it took so long.

Maybe LE can halt deposits onto certain grid locations. If they knew which dumpster the body had been left in, they could determine the landfill destination. That is one reason against her body having been put in a dumpster, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5280life