IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I recall, MB did an internship with the company whose web site is at the link below. The surnames make me wonder if there is a familial connection between the executives of this company and both MB and LS' female friend BW. http://www.wallachbeth.com/index.php No proven connection, however.

MB's father is co-owner of that company. The last names of his partner is not that common. While I know it's not her father it could be an uncle or a cousin of the father, not 100% sure on relation. MB does have money but not in the likes of DB and JR. But his father is a commodities trader and owns a brokerage house with an address on Wall St. I wouldn't say he's Billy Ray Valentine from Trading Places. They are doing far better than I am in the cash flow dept. difference is I have morals and a conscious.

Um, no we have not (that I'm aware of) discussed Dick Allgire. But I am watching now. Wow. I'm only at 9 minutes. I think one of the early ideograms could be ZO punching CR.

Heads up to non-believers: Just SOB please! :seeya: as in scroll on by...

It's INTERESTING isn't it! (I didn't know who the target person was because I was listening to other RV's.) At the 34 minute mark I was shocked. I'm still shocked but for other reasons. I hate this damn case!

Thank you Ros and DoubtingThomas for the info on MB. I'd like to find out if his family has money. If he doesn't come from money, would he try to curry favor from those that did? Is he a follower who was always standing close to the action but never made it into the inner circle? Needless to say, his role in whatever happened that night bothers me...

And has the Dick Allgire remote viewing on YouTube been discussed here? I stumbled upon it 2 days ago and it threw me for a loop. To those who've seen it what are your thoughts? There's enough info there to fill a few threads!

What it brought to mind for me is:

* The description of the guy as one who could be Hispanic reminded me of what a friend told me. His nephew worked at Kilroy's and said a "Mexican" kept following Lauren around when she was there asking if she wanted coke.

* I scoped out a house at N. Washington and Ninth St. well over a year ago after a previous poster said a PI visited a business one block away, asking if they had any videotape. It is a large, two-story student party house with many cars, all of which were Illinois plates.

What it brought to mind for me is:

* The description of the guy as one who could be Hispanic reminded me of what a friend told me. His nephew worked at Kilroy's and said a "Mexican" kept following Lauren around when she was there asking if she wanted coke.

* I scoped out a house at N. Washington and Ninth St. well over a year ago after a previous poster said a PI visited a business one block away, asking if they had any videotape. It is a large, two-story student party house with many cars, all of which were Illinois plates.

And a White furniture moving van was talked about early on I believe. IIRC one of ZO's friends father owned a furniture store? The way he described the girl was exactly what witnesses and videos can attest to. Where are you Lauren...

And a White furniture moving van was talked about early on I believe. IIRC one of ZO's friends father owned a furniture store? The way he described the girl was exactly what witnesses and videos can attest to. Where are you Lauren...

A white pick-up truck was investigated and discussed; I don't recall a van but it could be when I was off the board for a while. ZO's father owns an office furniture business. I believe it is mfg and assembled in Indianapolis. to

It would be easy to find the turn off north of Bloomington. That part reminded me of the all-out search south of Martinsville on Father's Day. He said the time of day was dusk though.

I may watch the video again later or one of his other ones. So interesting.

MB's father is co-owner of that company. The last names of his partner is not that common. While I know it's not her father it could be an uncle or a cousin of the father, not 100% sure on relation. MB does have money but not in the likes of DB and JR. But his father is a commodities trader and owns a brokerage house with an address on Wall St. I wouldn't say he's Billy Ray Valentine from Trading Places. They are doing far better than I am in the cash flow dept. difference is I have morals and a conscious.

BBM And thank God most of us humans do.

JR is ensconced in his nice new office as he embarks on a nice new life. MB is a master of the universe down there on Wall Street. Playing God with other peoples money...how ironic... since his actions on June 3, 2011 were closer to the Devil's. And then there's CR...a cocky, immature lout who's full of himself. I don't know what he's doing with his life and quite frankly I don't care.

To Law Enforcement...you have to dig deep, there's a piece of evidence that you can decide warrants another round of interviews with the "boys". In for a penny in for a pound. Don't let this disappearance go cold. LS deserves much more then this. God speed...

......And then there's CR...a cocky, immature lout who's full of himself. I don't know what he's doing with his life and quite frankly I don't care.

According to the IU "Find People" site, CR (or someone with the same name) is still a student at IU. He may or may not be in Bloomington, though, since he might be doing an internship or studying abroad this semester.

http://www.indiana.edu/people/

The more MB's story changes the more I look at HIM as the mastermind, for lack of a better word. So he's over at JRs when CR and LS come back after the Smallwood debacle. He walks in thinking there may be a burglar...ok, then its MB who puts CR to bed....then its MB who takes her to JR's. Etc Etc Etc

MB IS THE ONLY ONE OF THE THREE AT 5N THAT IS INVOLVED IN ALL OF THE ACTIVITIES and MOVEMENT BY LAUREN AFTER 3:00am.

If CR is a buffoon and JR is a tad slow in the brain department then we are left with MB.
Could it be he's the one that disposed of Lauren? Apparently MB is friends with JR to this day. My thought is MB took the job of making Lauren disappear and for that JR will be indebted to him for the rest of his pathetic life.

Anyone ever read The Secret History by Donna Tartt? Life imitating art and all that...

I've had the same thought a number of times ... he was involved from point A to point B, and there's no proof he wasn't involved from point B to point C (whatever that was). CR can't give him an alibi, since he was (according to MB), passed out (and has amnesia).

Another question is whether DB (JR's hometown friend) was really asleep in the next room at JR's when MB and LS arrived (or at the very least, stayed asleep). Unless he was passed out like CR (???), wouldn't the commotion have woken him up? He hasn't been in the media like JR, CR, and MB, but if he was at JR's, I'd think that he would have heard/saw something. Unless he/JR claim he was sound asleep all night, like MB/CR claim CR was passed out.

CR could have been passed out, if he was in near the condition of LS. But passed out and asleep are very different things, when it comes to being woken up, IMO. Actually, when you think about it that way, MB could be giving CR an alibi (he was passed out), as could JR with DB (he was asleep in the next room). Or maybe it's just a way of keeping them from having to say anything, i.e., if one is asleep or passed out, he wouldn't know what's going on.

I'm not sure where else to go with this, but it might be something to think about. MB/CR are starting to equal JR/DB for some reason to me ...

Why would LE think that POIs would come waltzing in their offices to talk to them? Just an odd statement. Bugging me.

See this summary article:
"June 12 — Day 10
11:30 a.m. — Bloomington Police receive between 30 and 40 tips following the airing of “America’s Most Wanted.”

Capt. Qualters says there are persons of interests they have yet to speak with, but they believe those people will come to them.

“We’ve had our doors open for those individuals to come,” Qualters says. “There is nobody we can prevent from leaving this county. We cannot compel people to come back to us. For those that we haven’t spoken to, we believe they will come talk to us.”...
http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81967

JMO, but I didn't interpret that statement to mean they really thought the POI would waltz through the door and talk to them. I interpreted it to mean that there were some POI who had left town without being questioned [and, unsaid: lawyered up] and there was nothing LE could do about it, since they can't force people to come in unless they are going to arrest them.

Thinking back to what was going on at the time, perhaps it was their way of subtly confirming rumors (about JR)?

The more MB's story changes the more I look at HIM as the mastermind, for lack of a better word. So he's over at JRs when CR and LS come back after the Smallwood debacle. He walks in thinking there may be a burglar...ok, then its MB who puts CR to bed....then its MB who takes her to JR's. Etc Etc Etc

MB IS THE ONLY ONE OF THE THREE AT 5N THAT IS INVOLVED IN ALL OF THE ACTIVITIES and MOVEMENT BY LAUREN AFTER 3:00am.

If CR is a buffoon and JR is a tad slow in the brain department then we are left with MB.
Could it be he's the one that disposed of Lauren? Apparently MB is friends with JR to this day. My thought is MB took the job of making Lauren disappear and for that JR will be indebted to him for the rest of his pathetic life.

Anyone ever read The Secret History by Donna Tartt? Life imitating art and all that...

One possibility is that MB was originally lying and also covering for JR (i.e. the whole "Lauren wanted to party" story and the phone calls made by JR) and then actually told the truth (or part of it?) by admitting he witnessed JR make the calls.... I don't know. MB confuses me.

If the last story is true, that MB and JR were calling looking for a ride for LS, it implies neither of them had a car though (or maybe the ability to drive at that point in the night), which raises the question of what happened after that second unanswered phone call. Is MB's story true that he left her on the couch, or did he go wake up CR for his car keys? What about, as Imkeylime said, the out of town guest, who you would think would have had a car there too...

p.s. I loved the Secret History, and have thought of it too in relation to this case and certain people's futures. Her second book was a huge disappointment.

Qualters also says that a Texas-based group, EquuSearch, has joined the effort and that the Marshals were conducting a sex offender search, in which everyone investigated was compliant.

I snipped this off of the last quote in my post about Qualters' statements, but it's interesting that by June. 12, (when these statements were made), by the POI's own accounts, LE had talked to them and searched at least some of their apartments and reportedly CR's car and phone records. CR and MB had already given DNA samples. But they make it clear that they want to talk to POI (I'm guessing JR, and possibly JW since they mention leaving town, but probably also CR if he had 'amnesia'). A few weeks later they made another statement emphasizing their frustration with Lauren's friends' refusal to come forward. So they obviously had more they wanted to question them about.

Meanwhile, they say that all of the sex offenders were compliant. And they later publicly cleared the only other suspicious element that was known -- the white truck, while specifically saying that none of the POI had been cleared.

Every time I look back at the early press statements, I don't get the impression LE didn't take the case seriously enough. I get the impression they had their eye on the POI from the beginning, and the POI knew it. In the chance that they didn't have anything to do with Lauren's disappearance (that is, besides letting an incapacitated girl stumble off alone at 4 am), I would fault them anyway for holding up the investigation by not doing anything they could to help and clear themselves.

JMO.

I just watched the 35 min Dan Allquire youtube. I have never heard of him or remote viewing. Not sure what to make of it at all. But. .it made me uneasy. I would imagine that some scenario as described would occur as she had to be removed in some sort of vehicle..unless she literally slipped thru a crack...and the descrip of bodily fluids..well..quite certain that could occur in her state of consciousness as PIs have previuosly described from alley video. Does anyone know if Allquire works w LE??

I snipped this off of the last quote in my post about Qualters' statements, but it's interesting that by June. 12, (when these statements were made), by the POI's own accounts, LE had talked to them and searched at least some of their apartments and reportedly CR's car and phone records. CR and MB had already given DNA samples. But they make it clear that they want to talk to POI (I'm guessing JR, and possibly JW since they mention leaving town, but probably also CR if he had 'amnesia'). A few weeks later they made another statement emphasizing their frustration with Lauren's friends' refusal to come forward. So they obviously had more they wanted to question them about.

Meanwhile, they say that all of the sex offenders were compliant. And they later publicly cleared the only other suspicious element that was known -- the white truck, while specifically saying that none of the POI had been cleared.

Every time I look back at the early press statements, I don't get the impression LE didn't take the case seriously enough. I get the impression they had their eye on the POI from the beginning, and the POI knew it. In the chance that they didn't have anything to do with Lauren's disappearance (that is, besides letting an incapacitated girl stumble off alone at 4 am), I would fault them anyway for holding up the investigation by not doing anything they could to help and clear themselves.

JMO.

A few thoughts...I've never been confident that all sexual offenders were cleared. How often is it we hear that mistakes are made in agency bureaucracies, the most recent being one of the Boston terrorist's name was never put on the list...things like that. Or the dude that had Jaycee Dugard all those years when all the while his probation officer did check ups.

The other thing is I have always had the impression that LE did not take this case seriously enough in the first several days. Perhaps it wasn't until they saw her on videotape (combined with the lack of forthcoming friends) that they realized they had a real problem on their hands. It was at this point they used the battery ram to get inside Smallwood for the security tape which resulted in the image of her leaving for the night.

A few thoughts...I've never been confident that all sexual offenders were cleared. How often is it we hear that mistakes are made in agency bureaucracies, the most recent being one of the Boston terrorist's name was never put on the list...things like that. Or the dude that had Jaycee Dugard all those years when all the while his probation officer did check ups.

The other thing is I have always had the impression that LE did not take this case seriously enough in the first several days. Perhaps it wasn't until they saw her on videotape (combined with the lack of forthcoming friends) that they realized they had a real problem on their hands. It was at this point they used the battery ram to get inside Smallwood for the security tape which resulted in the image of her leaving for the night.

You may be right. One of the reasons I am not overly critical of BPD is that the missing person report was filed so quickly -- You often hear of people being discouraged from filing a report so soon, but that didn't happen here. And, although that's a good point about how video may have played a part, it doesn't really sound like they treated the guys at 5 N like innocent friends, which they might have at first if they thought Lauren was just sleeping off a night of partying somewhere. It sounds like they were considered POI from the start.

I don't know. It's really hard to tell with so little info about the investigation. Maybe I'm just hopeful that LE took it seriously, and that they have evidence we don't know about that will eventually help the case...

You may be right. One of the reasons I am not overly critical of BPD is that the missing person report was filed so quickly -- You often hear of people being discouraged from filing a report so soon, but that didn't happen here. And, although that's a good point about how video may have played a part, it doesn't really sound like they treated the guys at 5 N like innocent friends, which they might have at first if they thought Lauren was just sleeping off a night of partying somewhere. It sounds like they were considered POI from the start.

I don't know. It's really hard to tell with so little info about the investigation. Maybe I'm just hopeful that LE took it seriously, and that they have evidence we don't know about that will eventually help the case...

I recently thought of some questions concerning the actions and statements of JW and family. JW became concerned enough to call the police within a few hours of finding that LS had apparently not come home after going out late at night. Originally I speculated that he knew of her heart condition, perhaps checked to see that she had not taken her medication, and thus knew that something was amiss. Later, when his family said that JW had been protecting her from the consequences of her drug use, some other ideas came to me. Would he call the police if he thought that the result might be her arrest or that of others on drug charges? Did he think that she might have OD'd and was in need of medical help? Did he have reason to think that she would not be just sleeping off a hangover somewhere? What did he know about the persons she had been with that night? Was he hoping that the result would be LS going into drug rehab and her suppliers going to jail?

A decal company in Texas decided to create an attention-grabbing decal to demonstrate how realistic their decals can be. Considering what may have happened to LS along with the white truck rumors, I find this particular decal very disturbing:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...l-woman_n_3881700.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Wow, that is definitely disturbing ... not sure what they were thinking. OTOH, has everyone seen this story, about the two young Texas guys who intercepted a kidnapping? It's nice to have some good news once in awhile!

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...d-kidnap-victim-who-mouthed-help-me-from-car/

Re:quick JW quick missing person report....That was such an oddity in my opinion..just something that college kids dont do...cuz alcohol..underage..drugs..and the law dont bode well on resumes. And. both of them..JW and LS had public intox priors...so yes, Ros, I fully agree with you. JW quick reporting was done with some thought. He must have known she was in grave danger...or...he was mad at her going out...

DB, DB, DB, DB...How is it that it took more than two years for us to hear confirmation that he was there that night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam