IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
A white pick-up truck was investigated and discussed; I don't recall a van but it could be when I was off the board for a while. ZO's father owns an office furniture business. I believe it is mfg and assembled in Indianapolis. to

It would be easy to find the turn off north of Bloomington. That part reminded me of the all-out search south of Martinsville on Father's Day. He said the time of day was dusk though.

I may watch the video again later or one of his other ones. So interesting.

DA's website: http://www.hrvg.org/

Yes, that is a possibility too. However your titling of it as "reasonable" implies that the ones above are not and I think they are given the family's public behavior.

I did not intend to imply that the other possibilities were unreasonable. I only meant to list it as one of many reasonable possibilities.

When you put it that way...the two quick-acting together like that...yes, it is even more suspicious.

Maybe JW really fell apart when he found LS gone, for whatever reason, and Dad came running? That might imply JW knew more than he let on, IMO ... ... like he knew immediately she was gone for good. That wouldn't have to mean he's the guilty party, but maybe that he heard something through the grapevine? But if he loved LS so much, wouldn't he help her family by sharing that? OTOH, he was one of the few who apparently knew of LS' long QT syndrome, so perhaps that added to his alarm? IDK ... grasping here.

These posts about JW and his dad are thought provoking. Keylime, your post about JW being crazy controlling and mad that CR forced his hand as you so aptly said...well the same could be said about the father IF JW IS RESPONSIBLE AND IF HE TOLD HIS DAD.

I woke up thinking about this, probably not a good sign (for me, anyhow). But ... what if his dad thinks JW does have such issues and came because he thought JW could be involved or, more innocently, thought he might be suspected?

That said, while it does seem like JW has anger issues when under the stress of all this, we don't know what he was like during better times. IDK ... his parents' recent response bothers me more than how JW acted in terms of the media, TBH. He got angry, no doubt ... but they got nasty. What's up with that?

My first thoughts were same as yrs KeyL, that son could have been involved. Of course that is my opinion, when this was developing in the first 48hrs..we were discussing the Dexter liking on JW fb page as well. The situation was fluid. Still cant believe it is 2 yrs..

I woke up thinking about this, probably not a good sign (for me, anyhow). But ... what if his dad thinks JW does have such issues and came because he thought JW could be involved or, more innocently, thought he might be suspected?

That said, while it does seem like JW has anger issues when under the stress of all this, we don't know what he was like during better times. IDK ... his parents' recent response bothers me more than how JW acted in terms of the media, TBH. He got angry, no doubt ... but they got nasty. What's up with that?

Certainly his dad would know from the get go that by being the BF JW is an automatic suspect. That alone would be enough for him to fly here .

I don't feel like giving JW a pass right now. I'm finding it "fruitful" examining his behavior and actions then go down that path and see what comes up.

I recently thought of some questions concerning the actions and statements of JW and family. JW became concerned enough to call the police within a few hours of finding that LS had apparently not come home after going out late at night. Originally I speculated that he knew of her heart condition, perhaps checked to see that she had not taken her medication, and thus knew that something was amiss. Later, when his family said that JW had been protecting her from the consequences of her drug use, some other ideas came to me. Would he call the police if he thought that the result might be her arrest or that of others on drug charges? Did he think that she might have OD'd and was in need of medical help? Did he have reason to think that she would not be just sleeping off a hangover somewhere? What did he know about the persons she had been with that night? Was he hoping that the result would be LS going into drug rehab and her suppliers going to jail?

Ive tried to put myself in JW shoes several times. JW gets call from Kilroys about LS phone and is agitated about her being at Kilroys. He would call/text HT for her inform LS the phones whereabouts. If HT tells JW she has not seen her ,then JW actions are reasonable , he tried to find Lauren and let her know, she left her phone at Kilroys... And also to question her why she Lied to him about going out after.tellhim she was in bed for the night. When JW cant find Lauren, JW would have to think she was sleeping on a couch or in an other guys bed.
The longer he goes without finding her the more desperate his actions would become.

And the more I think about it...... I think JW actions that morning are completely puredictable and normal enough for me to almost eliminate him. BUT cant do that because of the way Mrs. W handled herself in the media. I think that LS was not liked by the W's and was spoken poorly about within the W's home and to JW. This is JMO

Certainly his dad would know from the get go that by being the BF JW is an automatic suspect. That alone would be enough for him to fly here .

I don't feel like giving JW a pass right now. I'm finding it "fruitful" examining his behavior and actions then go down that path and see what comes up.

OTOH, his dad would also know if JW had pre-existing anger/control issues ... and he might know if JW and LS were having problems. Most guys probably wouldn't confide such problems to their dad, but he might have told his brother, who shared. While is appears that JW and LS were "OK," there is the fact that she went to the Indy 500 without him. ???

There are many cases when guys "snapped" when their girlfriends appeared to be moving on ... another Lauren was murdered by her longtime BF in my area right after LS disappeared. It was horrible:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20077453-504083.html

Keep reminding me not to let JW off the radar, Jupiter. :) When I think he's innocent, I feel sorry for him. But there are things about his part of the story that do seem suspect, for whatever reason.

OTOH, his dad would also know if JW had pre-existing anger/control issues ... and he might know if JW and LS were having problems. Most guys probably wouldn't confide such problems to their dad, but he might have told his brother, who shared. While is appears that JW and LS were "OK," there is the fact that she went to the Indy 500 without him. ???

There are many cases when guys "snapped" when their girlfriends appeared to be moving on ... another Lauren was murdered by her longtime BF in my area right after LS disappeared. It was horrible:

Keep reminding me not to let JW off the radar, Jupiter. :) When I think he's innocent, I feel sorry for him. But there are things about his part of the story that do seem suspect, for whatever reason.

Yes, it does seem she was not with JW at the race. I would find it difficult to believe if JW did not know or had not heard rumblings about her and CR cozying up to each other at the 500.

Moreover, I have always believed that JW heard from a friend or friend of a friend that Lauren was with CR at Kilroys and/or about the ZO punch. This group of kids has been connected via camp, fraternities, Smallwood, etc. for 24/7 with their technology.

... Moreover, I have always believed that JW heard from a friend or friend of a friend that Lauren was with CR at Kilroys and/or about the ZO punch. This group of kids has been connected via camp, fraternities, Smallwood, etc. for 24/7 with their technology.

Snipped by me. That's one of the things that bothers me about the larger collective group of POIs. I'd think if the JR/DB/MB/CR group was responsible for disposing of LS (or worse), someone might have let some small something slip that JW or even DR would hear about and hopefully report. I'd assume the JR/DB/MB/CR group would do the same if they had any inkling at all that JW was involved, even if only to clear themselves.

There should be some connectivity between friends in these groups (and even with the ZO/AB contingent). But there just isn't anything being put forward, as far as we know anyhow. I'm assuming these guys still party hearty at times ... no slips of the tongue ever? I suppose if your survival depends on it, it's possible. Still ...

I struggle to think of a reason why everyone in every group is mute when it comes to LS. At times, it does make me at least consider other options. It would make more sense if just one person was responsible for it ... not that's necessarily what I think.

A decal company in Texas decided to create an attention-grabbing decal to demonstrate how realistic their decals can be. Considering what may have happened to LS along with the white truck rumors, I find this particular decal very disturbing:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...l-woman_n_3881700.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

This decal is wrong on so many levels, not only extremely offensive to women, but it can also cause accidents, both car crashes and vigilantes
taking a shot at the occupants of the truck, just can't express how wrong and utterly disgusting this decal is.

No, no off the radar for him, he stays.

Isn't JW the one that went to CRs and JRs looking for Lauren even before he reported her missing?

Isn't JW the one that went to CRs and JRs looking for Lauren even before he reported her missing?

No that we know of. He did go to CR's with his dad to punch out CR after reporting her missing.

If JW did go looking for LS at 5N (CR or JR's) before reporting her missing, it wouldn't surprise me.

If JW did not already know, HT and DR both would have been able to tell him that LS was with CR/JR the night before. And we know he for sure spoke with HT.

If I was JR, I would look everywhere I could logicaly think of prior to involving the police... to include contacting or showing up at CR and JR's.

JMO

If JW did go looking for LS at 5N (CR or JR's) before reporting her missing, it wouldn't surprise me.

If JW did not already know, HT and DR both would have been able to tell him that LS was with CR/JR the night before. And we know he for sure spoke with HT.

If I was JR, I would look everywhere I could logically think of prior to involving the police... to include contacting or showing up at CR and JR's.

JMO

And if JW was told that LS left 5N at 4:30 a.m. to go home without her phone ...and he knew that she was not at home and HT had not seen her... that might have been enough to make him want to call the police right away.

Kinda, sorta off topic; but not really. This case can be hard to deal with, so a reminder that all college age kids aren't like so many of the ones surrounding Lauren is nice to see occasionally.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZxv5WCWivM"]A Needed Response - YouTube[/ame]

I thought her roommate told JW and he is the one that alerted the bunch @ 5N she was missing. I would like to know more about that truck, I dont think they were looking for it just because it was on video... didn't it have a donut (spare tire) on it, does anyone remember? It has been so long now.

I wish we knew the questions that DR was asked and the answers he gave in his polygraph. I don't guess any of that has been made public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong