IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: Btown where are you?! Need a drive by of which business this is likely to be that saw that car. Reports earlier said it was seen near the area of 10th and College.

I've wondered where Btown went. I'm thinking they were done with classes and went home or vacation maybe. I hope LE didn't give them a poke and tell them to chill on the info posted here.

I'm here guys.

My wife and work has been keeping me a bit busy, and this thread keeps closing and relocating.
Makes it difficult to keep up.

Anyway, I'm very close to 10th and College. What can I do for you, (besides that I need to revamp the map to reflect new info)?

PS
I'm personally aware of other businesses turning in their security video today because I spoke to them. Businesses that are not on the map I created.
I'll not say who or where due to the investigation. Lauren is not on those videos. There is some foot and vehicle traffic though. Thats all I'll say about that.

I'm here guys.

My wife and work has been keeping me a bit busy, and this thread keeps closing and relocating.

Anyway, I'm very close to 10th and College. What can I do for you, (besides that I need to revamp the map to reflect new info)?

Very understandable! Glad to see you back. The pictures have been invaluable. :gthanks:

I'm here guys.

Wondering if there is anything besides bars near 10th and College where police say they have vehicle activty around 4am...trying to see if anything would be open right there? Thanks.

I'm here guys.

PS
I'm personally aware of other businesses turning in their security video today because I spoke to them. Businesses that are not on the map I created.
I'll not say who or where due to the investigation. Lauren is not on those videos. There is some foot and vehicle traffic though. Thats all I'll say about that.

:seeya: Phew, I was afraid we were going to have to sleuth your disappearance.

Glad you're here. I was just curious if you were able to show some pictures of the other side of the street along College from 11th to just past 10th. Also, to see if you can spot any business camera's on that side that would capture a passing vehicle on 10th and College.

ETA: oh yeah, and put on your map where she was last seen by JR and if you could circle the last spot that a camera on College would have seen her if she passed by there. I really want to try to narrow down the amount of time a random person would have had to scoop her up and take off. I'm guessing it's very little...like moments only from where she was last seen and the next available camera would have captured her.

Wondering if there is anything besides bars near 10th and College where police say they have vehicle activty around 4am...trying to see if anything would be open right there? Thanks.

There are no bars at 10th & College.
The video surveillance I've pointed out is at 10th and the alley.
That building at 10th & College, I think I missed a set of cameras on the North East side of the building.

If so, and they are like the alley cams, one would be pointed south on College, the other toward the alley that runs between College and Morton.

There are probably other businesses that have video near 14th, and then around 8th.

I'll go verify here in a bit.

:seeya: Phew, I was afraid we were going to have to sleuth your disappearance.

Glad you're here. I was just curious if you were able to show some pictures of the other side of the street along College from 11th to just past 10th. Also, to see if you can spot any business camera's on that side that would capture a passing vehicle on 10th and College.

ETA: oh yeah, and put on your map where she was last seen by JR and if you could circle the last spot that a camera on College would have seen her if she passed by there. I really want to try to narrow down the amount of time a random person would have had to scoop her up and take off. I'm guessing it's very little...like moments only from where she was last seen and the next available camera would have captured her.

Agreed. Good idea. I'll work on that.

Be a little bit before I can get out and take more pic's.
Hang in there...

There are no bars around there -- Kilroy's could be the closest -- south a couple and east one. No bars on that stretch of college or to the immediate West. Bar scene is most definitely south and east. Starting north on College Ave -- from Smallwood -- is pretty residential and even the businesses have a residential look -- like Salzmann's law office. Then you have the Waffle House.

There are no bars around there -- Kilroy's could be the closest -- south a couple and east one. No bars on that stretch of college or to the immediate West. Bar scene is most definitely south and east. Starting north on College Ave -- from Smallwood -- is pretty residential and even the businesses have a residential look -- like Salzmann's law office. Then you have the Waffle House.

OK, I had found a FB page called 10th and College and all they had listed on it were bars :)

As far as the phone call at 4:15 from JR's phone...do we know where the guy who was called lived? Would he have had to drive back to JR's if asked? Does anyone know?

Just in looking back at all the camera's along LS' supposed walk home, I am amazed that she wasn't captured on any of them. I mean, the window of opportunity some random person would have had to grab her after JR saw her turn the corner onto College at 11th is what..less than a minute maybe? I still feel someone was waiting for her there, knowing where CR lived, or something happened at JRs. I'm not a statistics person, but the chances of a random person seem miniscule!
Props to Btown again for these.
5edcwh.jpg

2rc8ug3.jpg

33wwshi.jpg

All of those cameras are said to point at the walkway in front of the stores under the awning and not at the sidewalk. Across the street is the Lawyer Salzman's office and he said his tapes did not show her which means she didn't make it as far as 10th and College.

The reports are showing the little street between 11th and 10th as the last location.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...esult&ct=title&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBoQ8gEwAA

There is a business on that corner with a parking lot in the alley way. LE said it was a dark alley that does not describe 11th and I don't know how anyone could see her walking down 11th from the townhomes on Morton.

It would be incredible if the FBI can get a license plate number. Having worked with image enhancing software I know that it is very possible. And they have way more sophisticated equipment.

If I'm not mistaken DR also lived in Smallwood

Complete speculation on my part, but the info came from HT after LS left where she was. Maybe they stopped by DR's apt before going to JRs and the bar? I am figuring LS had no idea where she left it, from the sounds of it she was pretty messed up (alcohol or other drugs). I wonder who else was called around that same time and if any of those people answered and claim to have spoken with LS about her missing phone...shoes....purse?

ETA, JR would have had to have those individuals' numbers in his phone, because I don't see LS remembering anyone's specific phone number after all her "activities" that night.

Finally, more details from L's roomie, HT, who would know plenty about LS, and likely in somewhat of a different light from JW. She's not only her girlfriend, but her roomie. First, HT stated to Fox59 that LS wanted to remain home that night after she and LS hung out within Smallwood. That contradicted what "neighbors" told Fox 59 which was that LS was looking for someone to go to the bar with. Now, HT states that LS went to JR's with another Smallwood resident, DR, and obviously, HT and LS are friends with DR who lives in Smallwood.

First, HT appeared to emphasize CR (not in a favorable light) and then, she let us know that both she and LS hung around with JR often who happens to live but 2 doors down from CR and MB.

LE told us JW reported LS missing, but then HT cleared that up for us and told us a couple of her friends did so, and JW only notified LS's parents.

HT wasn't concerned about LS not being in her bed before she left for class that morning because she knew where she had gone, who she had been with, etc. IMO, just another night, but unfortunately something went wrong.

HT now tells us she feels this is a stranger abduction, and that she believes the search should move out of Bloomington.

Well, someone wake these kids the hell up: LE and FBI, etc. and the adults are in charge now.

Does Indiana only require plates on the back? Of course, could be an out of state plate...

Agreed. Good idea. I'll work on that.

Be a little bit before I can get out and take more pic's.
Hang in there...

No rush at all. Whatever you locals are able to provide helps immensely when putting everything in perspective. I guess I just want to "see" what the other side of the street looks like. To see the construction, and if there would be any camera's there. I guess I would also like to see that little side street shockedandappalled is emphasizing as well. From the alley, and from College and across College on the other side of the street. You're the best! :blowkiss: Thanks.

Listening to this morning briefing http://idsnews.com/news/multimedia/media.aspx?id=39562&type=m
Qualter's says that NCMEC will start their search from the last known/believed place Lauren was seen, and that is at 11th and College. They will work their way out in 1/4 mi. increments.
Just thought that was interesting. Fresh eyes, square one.

I guess, but is it really likely she is in the downtown area, when it is so heavily traveled? I understand the concept but will be shocked if she is found near where she was last seem. Don't like to bring it up, but do we know trash removal days from any of the apartment buildings or for the whole downtown area?

Im so sad for Lauren's family.
Lauren, where are you???
Please SOMEONE knows what happened to Lauren....please say something!!!! :(
I heard this song that i posted down below just a little while ago and it made me think of Lauren.....It's so sad. :(

Thoughts on this latest updated info by roomie(HT)

I, too agree with mrsu's post regarding the new info..

Another added thought is just the change of the night's events completely different from what was just reported 24 hrs ago by the roomie..

Yesterday(actually Sunday is when she gave the details)she says that she was with her friend, Lquren til 12:30am.. That they were with fellow floormates just hanging out at Smallwood til 12:30 when Spierer was looking to go to Kilroy's.. Which we know she did and supposedly it is there that she met up with Rossman..staying til closing time at 2:30am, she left her shoes and cell at the bar as her and Rossman heAd to her Smallwood Apt. HT also stated that Jesse wanted to watch the game and supposedly did so at home while Lauren stayed and hung with the friends at Smallwood.. With plans to meet Jesse "later"...

Now roomie has a totally different account the nights events. Does anyone else find that strange? I don't know what to make of it or what would be the motive for now having a completely different account of that nights events.. But they definitely are drastically different for whatever reason..

Now roomie says that she and Lauren went to Jay's to watch the game and hang out..whereas before not only was this not mentioned but the only mention of Lauren going to Jays was that last yearvthey hung there all the time and that Lauren went to Jays after having left CR/MB's apt in this very early morning hours.. Roomie account is cometely different..
She says that Corey and Beth show up some point later at Jays as well.. And that at 12:30 roomie and DR head home to Smallwood with Lauren goin to Kilroy's which I assume is with Corey while Beth goes back to the apt to work on his papers..
No mention of Jesse in this version or why he was watching game alone and it was known he wanted to watch this game yet they go to Jays to watch it with no mention of Jesse at any point.. Nor any mention of his and Lauren having plans for later that night. I wonder if that too has changed??

And then of course the strangest of all new info that roomie has added to her account was that when Lauren had returned to Jays apt after CR passing out.. That Jaynwas aware that Lauren was intoxicated and aware enough that he worried and asked that she just stay there on couch rather than walk home.. Also that Lauren by 4:15 had realized she did not have her phone and was hoping to find someone who did know where it was.. And that Lauren supposedly made a call from Jay's at 4:15 to fellow Smallwood tenant amd pal DR whom she had not been with or around since before 12:30am when they were all at Jays prior to Lauren's going to Kilroy's..

IMO this is nonsensical that Lauren of all ppl would make a 4:15am phone call to DR.. Why DR when she'd not even been with him since prior to losing her phone.. One may say well.. That was her level of intoxication that she did not have a clear picture of when she had even last seen or had her phone.. And that she was under the impression that she last had it before going to Kilroy's with no recollect of even having it at Kilroy's much less that is where she had left it..
But still them why DR?? Why not roomie HT??whom was also there at Jays the same time as DR was.. Just mAkes zero since that Lauren would choose to make a call to DR at 415 inquiring about where her phone was..

IMO it's one of two things. Either lauren made the cAll to DR but we are not being told the true or accurate reason or motive for the 4:15 call or Lauren did not make the call but rather someone else from Jays made that call to DR and knew it would come into question so it is now being told that it was Lauren that made the call for reasons of her phone..
Sadly since DR didn't answer and I doubt a msg was left I don't believe we will ever know the true id of who made the call or the motive behind the 4:15Am call.. Unless the truth is told by that person or a person who was present when it was made..

Lastly the new Info that Ja's reason for having watched Lauren to that specific point(corner of College&11th)was because he said that if during that piece of the walk that if he were to see Lauren stumble indicating her level of intoxication that the deal was that she would have to turn around come back to Jays to sleep it off on his couch.. According to him she didn't stumble and henwas ok to let her walk the rest of the short distance left to get to her Smallwood apt..

So what gives with this complete and differing account of that nights events??

Someone had asked me earlier to mark where the scream was heard.

I was just marking up Wikimapia, and I noticed someone marked the building next to the adult book store a few blocks north of 11th & College with the following:

"Where I'm 9925 sure Tallboy heard a scream from. The stairs at Sunflower."

Mouse over the little box center of the screen is to see the text.
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=39.1765595&lon=-86.5355301&z=17&l=0&m=b

I don't know who tallboy is, but I'll try to find out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam