Who do you think killed JonBenet?

• One or both of the Ramseys

Votes: 131 51.8%
  • An intruder

Votes: 122 48.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
aspidistra said:
Now back to 9 years ago, we thought Patsy did it by accident in a fit of rage over bedwetting...

I still believe this...and will unless they can prove Karr was in CO that nite, and has some connection with the Ramseys.

But that is because there was NO suspect.

The Ramseys were suspects from Day 1. Many parents are in cases like this...cause sadly, ya just never know. And the Ramseys certainly did nothing to point the finger of guilt away from them (hindering the investigation, stall tactics, etc)...

We thought John would have covered for her out of pity because of her cancer;

I think he covered for her, not out of pity, but because of the damage it would do to him professionally (career, money, etc). And he covered for her for HIMSELF, not for her sake.

I always thought Patsy would never cover for John though; therefore he could not have been the killer. She also would never have covered for him molesting their daughter. She would have left him. So it couldn't be him.

Couldve been him..but I dont think so. And she may or may not have covered, who knows...but perhaps, if he was molesting JBR (and I dont really think he was), then maybe Patsy didnt know. It does happen.

I came to the conclusion way back then that the mother did it and the father covered for her, because of the weird staging, and she seemed highly strung, whereas he seemed cool and able to carry out the staging. But now that we understand some of Karr's sick ideas, the staging easily seems like something he would do. Don't you think so? We just never saw anyone like him - ever.

If there was an intruder (Karr as you say), why would he stage it to look like an intruder did it? If it were me, and I botched something like that, Id stage it so all fingers pointed at the parents. Wouldnt want LE looking for an intruder.

I am definitely sure of the Ramsey's innocence now. I think that Karr did it and has a multiple personality disorder, as well as narcissistic disorder, confusion about his sexual identity, and probably other disorders as well.

Until they can put him in CO, the DNA matches, they can prove some tie to the Ramseys (other than Karr's sick fascination with JBR and Polly Klaas), Im still leaning toward an inside job (Patsy). But yeah..Karr is definitely one sick individual.

I don't see that Patsy or John changed their personalities from back then. They maintained the same stories all along.

They would kinda have to. Otherwise, guilty (maybe).

I lost hope that the case would ever be solved, when no intruder was ever found. I didn't even read the books when they came out. I stopped debating in the forums as it was the same things over and over, with no new evidence. So I lost interest in the case, totally, until this guy was arrested. When I saw those staring eyes in his resume, and read the freakish things he wrote and said, I felt that finally they had caught the guy. The reason they caught him was the classic reason - he couldn't stop himself from talking about it. Way back then, John and Patsy and many others said it would never be solved unless a third party came forward and said what they knew. I guess the passage of ten years makes it almost like it's too late for it to matter, especially since Patsy was blamed the whole rest of her life. All I know is, to my mind this guy totally fits the profile of the sick pedophile that we were looking for, and never could find. Why? Because he didn't live in Boulder; he didn't repeat the crime; and he eluded capture for a long time. Now it's like he wanted to be captured. He looks just resigned to it.

I still believe the case may never be solved. Karr may very well have done it...no idea....we shall see. I personally dont think so. I think he's just some whacked out dude that has injected himself into the case...hell, he may have even convinced himself that he was there and did it. Who knows.

If the DA can place him in CO (airline tickets, CC receipts, hotel receipts, etc...he got there and had to stay somewhere) then maybe. Otherwise, I dont think he's anything more than a crackpot with a kiddie fetish.

His family has said repeatedly that he was with them at Christmas 96. There's his alibi...whether he accepts it or believes it or remembers it or not. Technically they dont really have to prove he was with them (they already said he was, that's his alibi)...the DA's office has to prove he was in CO at that time.

close_enough said:
lol, true.....i immediately voted when i saw the name Ramsey....i've never thought there was an intruder, but i've flip flopped a lot betw Burke & Patsy....IF Patsy didn't, then i believe Burke would have been the one that Patsy would cover for...i don't think she would have covered for anyone, other than him....

She may have been willing to cover for John if my theory is correct:

Patsy walked in and found John molesting JonBenet. She was enraged and intended to hit John with a heavy object and hit JB by mistake. The garrote and all the other staging was their cover-up.

jnsngrl said:

Patsy walked in and found John molesting JonBenet. She was enraged and intended to hit John with a heavy object and hit JB by mistake. The garrote and all the other staging was their cover-up.
Not buying that one. Wasn't it proven that she died of strangulation then came the blow to the head, I may be wrong, if so, please correct me.

If I am wrong of the order of strangulation/hit to the head, MO if she intended on hitting John, and hit JB by mistake, I think that would have 'set her off' more and any mother I know would have killed him too! JMO

jnsngrl said:

I think John killed JonBenet accidently while molesting her. He knew he needed Patsy to help with the coverup so he told her Burke did it. Patsy would cover up for her son definitely.

Later when she figured out that John had done it, she figured she might as well keep up the story. She may have been afraid of facing the press alone or maybe she just wasn't sure.

Eventually I know she believed it wasn't Burke. They wouldn't have allowed him to speak out, testify, go to school unattended etc.

JMO
Cheb

aphidistra,you say "confusion about his sexual identity',among other things,lead you to believe in Karr's guilt--Please give examples of other perps who had sexual identity problems,perps who are "trapped in the wrong body",and who then start killing children because of it--tia

Chebrock said:
I think John killed JonBenet accidently while molesting her. He knew he needed Patsy to help with the coverup so he told her Burke did it. Patsy would cover up for her son definitely.

Later when she figured out that John had done it, she figured she might as well keep up the story. She may have been afraid of facing the press alone or maybe she just wasn't sure.

Eventually I know she believed it wasn't Burke. They wouldn't have allowed him to speak out, testify, go to school unattended etc.

JMO
Cheb

I got to tell ya Patsy was very capable of voicing and demanding her own opinion. If that were the case she would have sued and won. She wasn't reticent about anything.

She was very controlling. Either she did it herself or she didn't want any exculpatory evidence brought up. It couldn't be John because of all the facts I mentioned. She could have won that. It would be John covering up more than anything. Patsy dealt the cards. IMO.

Interesting - even in light of all the recent events, the majority (albeit small) still think the Ramseys were involved......

narlacat said:
No and that's where the parents come in isn't it?

He is a serious suspect because he was there, alot of people think the parents would have only covered for him, not for each other.
Narla you know that I think the Ramseys are innocent, But I would not be surprised if they covered for burke at all. I dont think they would cover for each other but DEFINATLY their child. Although I think it is possible an intruder too.

Dr. Doogie said:
I believe that it was Col. Mustard in the Dining Room with a candlestick.
Hahaha, funny Doogie.

This theory is right up there with some of the theories I've been reading here lately, we have some very vivid imaginations at work since the nutjob came out of the woodwork.

Peter Hamilton said:
aphidistra,you say "confusion about his sexual identity',among other things,lead you to believe in Karr's guilt--Please give examples of other perps who had sexual identity problems,perps who are "trapped in the wrong body",and who then start killing children because of it--tia
I meant that confusion about his sexual identity was one of the odd things about him that made me look at him closely as the possible intruder. He fits one profile people talked about long ago, some thought it had to be a woman because of the almost gentle way of covering her with a blanket; leaving her with the Barbie nightgown beside her, redressing her after washing the body, not leaving any mess in the house, the dramatic and long ransom note - many thought these were things a female would do and one reason they looked at Patsy. No one could see a male intruder taking the time to do these things, but Karr is so weird I can easily see him obsessively doing all of it.

I absolutely can think of no other killer or molester like him. He is unique in the seeming contradictions - for one thing, if he has the sex change and still loves little girls he'd be a lesbian pedophile...and this weird confusion about his identity is one reason the world is and has to be mesmerized by his arrest, and finding out more about him. He seems contradictory - gentle and effeminate, yet we are told he is fired for being too strict; his first wife says she was afraid of him; we know if he did kill JBR he used extreme force to leave an 8 inch crack on her skull, even while saying now that he loved her.

The fact that he doesn't exactly fit any other profile is probably one reason why he eluded capture this long, until he couldn't resist talking about too much. I guess you can say that was his Achilles heel. And that is one thing that has gotten other killers noticed and captured, when they started blabbing, as they just could not hold it in anymore.

His 'blabbing' is total crap.

The more he says, the more he will come unstuck.

Karr didn't do it, he is just a nutter obsessed with a little girl and a murder case.

cwiz24 said:
My reasoning behind taking this poll was to see whether WS truly consists primarily of those who believe the Ramseys are guilty. From my readings over the past several days, it appears (on the surface) that it is. But I thought the best way to get a true reading of the forum was to take an anonymous poll.
It's a good and interesting poll. I've always thought it was an intruder. I think the majority of people have believed the parents were at fault. To my mind, that's the premise the media portrayed. Probably because the Boulder police dept thought the parents killed the little child. So, maybe that's what the media went with.

They'll probably never solve this crime. On tv this evening it was said that the DNA is tainted. Ultimately, it probably doesn't matter. The child's long dead and the Mother now, too. Truth will stay what it is, regardless what anyone thinks.

Really hard to follow these child murders (like the Groene murder in Idaho). Very disturbing.

narlacat said:
His 'blabbing' is total crap.

The more he says, the more he will come unstuck.

Karr didn't do it, he is just a nutter obsessed with a little girl and a murder case.
I don't think the Boulder Police will ever solve it regardless who ever showed up to confess or not.

Dr. Doogie said:
I believe that it was Col. Mustard in the Dining Room with a candlestick.
I am pretty sure he was cleared, through the DNA.
I failed to mention that I believe 100% that it was an intruder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back