IN IN - Marilyn 'Niqui' McCown, 28, Richmond, 22 July 2001

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by Rle7, Jul 24, 2007.

1. bykerladi

bykerladi Well-Known Member

Any updates?

2. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

3. asher1979

asher1979 Member

This is from my town and I've followed it for several years. Niqui's family has done an awesome job of keeping her name out there.

I always thought her fiance may have tried to sell her ring because so many people originally speculated that she got cold feet. The selling of the ring could have just been something done in anger that appeared suspicious to the police.

It definitely sounds like this other has something to do with it.

Prayers for Niqui and her family.

4. commongrackle

commongrackle Insert Custom User Title Here

I know some of Niqui's extended family. I just hope some day they will find closure. They deserve at least that, they definitely didn't deserve to be going through this long, painful hell for over 7 years.

5. meggilyweggily

meggilyweggily Active Member

6. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

http://www.pal-item.com/article/201...+interest+in+woman+s+disappearance+found+dead

From staff and wire reports • February 3, 2010
    A person of interest in an unsolved Richmond woman’s disappearance was found dead today in Alabama.

7. Lavanda Dolce

Lavanda Dolce Former Member

8. Lavanda Dolce

Lavanda Dolce Former Member

9. fhc

fhc New Member

10. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I just watched the episode...sounds like the coward took the easy way out to me and that Niqui's family will probably never know exactly what happened or where Niqui's remains are. Also, who know how many other women he (Swint) may have murdered. I know they don't have evidence against him in Niqui's case but it seems too coincidental that he murdered at least one other woman and had nothing to do with hers, when her vehicle was found so near his apartment.

11. Noway

Noway Montana

Were these remains ever identified? I did not find any updates on this.

12. Noway

Noway Montana

I watched this episode last night (December 27, 2010). I too thought he took the easy way out and labeled him just as cluciano63 did.

But then I wondered why the killer would park her vehicle in his apartment complex. Praying for closure for her family. Her mom captured my heart.

13. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

14. KateB

KateB New Member

15. QaraKoz

QaraKoz New Member

Disappeared being on netflix has introduced me to all kinds of upsetting cold cases. For some reason this disappearance is one that really haunts me. A woman who disappears in a fairly crowded location, and a LE that's dismissive at best. (And, of course, there's the unsettling angle that the culprit may have even been in LE if the show is to be believed.)

In that sense I'm glad websleuths exists as a resource for the many cases that don't get mass media attention.

(Yes I'm delurking, haha)

16. neverletgo

neverletgo Well-Known Member

:bump: for Niqui. :please:

Snipped:

17. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Forum Coordinators

18. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

I have watched the Disappeared episode for Niqui a couple of times now and it's disappointing to see that this case is still unsolved.

The laundromat probably doesn't hold any answers. It says that camera footage recorded Niqui loading the laundry into her car and it didn't appear she was under any duress. The most obvious and likely suspect is Tommy Swint. The car wasn't found too far from his residence and there is no other obvious reason she would have been traveling towards that area. With his suicide, there is no chance they will be able to verify what really happened and the case is stalled due to that aspect.

Robert Webster's actions seem suspicious yet they are explainable. Also the fact that he voluntarily participated for the program most likely means he wasn't involved. A person would have to be a psychopath to talk about someone they murdered and not have any kind of guilt in their answering.

Niqui's daughter has had to grow up without a mother and the rest of her family is clearly hurting. Thankfully, Niqui comes from a large family so people will always keep searching for her and she will never be forgotten. Hopefully, they can one day find closure.

The article from the post above no longer works. Here's the same one:
    Family still hopeful 13 years after loved one’s disappearance

19. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

20. Niq

Niq Member

It's beyond obvious that Swint is responsible for Niqui's disappearance. I just think she went to his house that day and the worst happened.

If this is true, and we may never know, why would she go to the house of the big brother figure who tried to rape her? I don't know what the actual nature of their relationship was but the entire story is a tragedy. From Niqui's disappearance, to the shedded light on Tina Marie Ivory, to his guilt induced suicide and the forever unanswered questions for both families.