IN IN - Marilyn 'Niqui' McCown, 28, Richmond, 22 July 2001

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by Rle7, Jul 24, 2007.

1. jane_tennison

jane_tennison New Member

Remembering Niqui!

2. Niq

Niq Member

I really wonder what happened this day 15 years ago. I think Niqui drove over to Tommy's house after finishing the laundry. I don't think she invited him over to her house, and I certainly don't think he would've killed her and transported her body from her own home. I think she went over to his house that day and that's when this tragedy begins. I believe her body is in a heavily wooded area, just asTina Marie Ivory's was. If the forest workers weren't in the woods that day, Tina would be still deemed missing. Smh,that guy is rotting. He's probably connected to other missing and deceased women, too. So scary. I hope you're at peace, Niqui!

Sidenote: Bobby's innocent. He really didn't do this. If he wanted her gone for monetary purposes, he would've simply waited until after they were married for the insurance. No damn way would he kill her 3 weeks before the wedding when he was at stake for hundreds of thousands. Poor guy, he had to suffer losing his wife and BATTLE accusations that the remorse was phony and he was the killer.

3. columboknows

columboknows New Member

Bumping for Niqui

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Niq

Niq Member

Niqui's Unsolved Mysteries segment which aired in 2002. Starts at 18:52

[video=youtube;dGKD8Q8OI3A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGKD8Q8OI3A[/video]

5. Niq

Niq Member

You are remembered, Niqui.

6. fasteddy8170

fasteddy8170 Active Member

7. Niq

Niq Member

Niqui's car was found on November 4th, 2001. To this day I can't believe it yielded nothing.

8. Niq

Niq Member

According to Niqui's Missing FB Page, Crime Watch Daily is filming a piece on her in late January. They don't know when it'll air yet but it's being shot later this month. That's' f*cking awesome. Niqui is one of the "lucky" missing black women, her story has been featured on Montell, Unsolved Mysteries, Dissapeared, and now this. Most people don't get sh**.

9. Niq

Niq Member

Niqui's family did the interviews with Crime Watch Daily a few days ago. After dramatizations and editing it'll premiere in about three weeks. I'll post a solid date when they post it.

This is big for Niqui.

10. Niq

Niq Member

Her Crime Watch Daily segment will air on Monday the 19th. Check your local listings for channel and time!

11. Niq

Niq Member

I just watched the 40 minute segment. It was good. It's the same story retold, but I'm glad it's getting fresh exposure.

Crime Watch Daily has uploaded the video in multiple parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHbE-DL5ZHc

This story will always stay in my heart. RIP Niqui.

12. emilykay1091

emilykay1091 jessieswife28

Hey everyone! I am the assistant to the host of Unfound, Edward Dentzel. He did an interview with Niqui's sister, you should check it out.

Here is my friend Edward's page. He is the host of the podcast Unfound. /m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=626269313&ref=content_filter

Here is a link to the cases he has done so far. UnFound--A Missing Persons Program | Free Podcasts | Podomatic

UnFound--A Missing Persons Program

Here is a link to the Unfound Podcast Discussion Group. Unfound Podcast Discussion Group Public Group | Facebook

Unfound Podcast, where the weekly Wednesday live video is done.
    Unfound Podcast

Unfound is also carried online by a major newspaper. UnFound — A Missing Persons Program/

Unfound is also on YouTube. Unfound Podcast

13. JSolt1210

JSolt1210 Well-Known Member

After watching this case on Unsolved Mysteries and reading their brief update on Tommy Swift, I found this online article, which goes more into detail about the relationship between Niqui and Tommy. According to the article:

Tommy Swint and Niqui McCown both worked together at the same correctional facility in Dayton, Ohio, and there were rumors that the two may have been more than co-workers -- or at least, that Swint wanted to be.

"In speaking with family and friends it was found that they believe that he had somewhat of an obsession with her," said Det. Miller.

An obsession that revealed itself during Niqui's bridal shower, when Swint gave her an unexpected present.

"At her bridal shower he gives her lingerie," said Michelle McCown.

—What was Tommy Swint doing at her bridal shower?

"He wasn't there," said Michelle.

"He sent it," said Tammie Hughes. "Very creepy."

"And this is before she came up missing," said Michelle.

So they both worked together in Dayton, where her car was found. I remembered that, according to Unsolved Mysteries, Niqui was found to have made a call to a friend on the day of her disappearance to talk about beauty products, and that she could've driven over there after picking up her laundry. At first I thought maybe she ran into Tommy there, and he did what he did.

But take a look at how the UM segment words it:

However, police later discovered that Niqui made a phone call to a co-worker who lived about a mile from where her SUV was found in Dayton. They talked about beauty products and the friend told Niqui she could purchase the items she was looking for in Dayton.

I assumed the "friend" was female because they were talking about beauty products, but the statement very carefully avoids gender—mentioning only "a co-worker" and "the friend." What if in fact she called Tommy? He lived in the area and was her co-worker. Maybe she did have a question about beauty products. I mean, if Tommy found and shipped lingerie to her, then face cream or makeup shouldn't be a big deal. Or maybe she called to thank him for the (awkward) gift?

Whatever the case may be, I'm thinking she called him from the payphone for wedding-related advice, and he realized this was his chance to have his way with her, so he lured her to Dayton.

wdmcmahan likes this.
  14. wdmcmahan

wdmcmahan Well-Known Member

Bumping for Niqui.

annemc2 likes this.
  15. Lindybones

Lindybones New Member

I believe the “friend” she called set her up. She was also a coworker with Niqui and Tommy. This is my hometown, and there are a few people who think whoever this friend is, has some answers but won’t come forward. How can we find her?

wdmcmahan likes this.
  16. kelsie

kelsie Verified Insider - Garret Georgeson case

bumping for niqui