GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read SetHerSoulFree's post, it says that she had missed calls from the landlord's girlfriend as well as the other friend so my take on that is: yes, the third friend arrived in the middle of it all
Unless the third friend is also the landlord's girlfriend which would explain how she knew.

Since it was so early in the morning, I can only assume that the owner of the home was identified and called by the police as they began their investigation. The girlfriend of Melinda and Set Her Soul is also apparently the girlfriend of the owner of the home and went with him to the home. This is what it sounds like to me.

My take on this is that Mr. Control Freak was allowing her go to breakfast with her friends and daughter....?? But, you would think she would have been up and getting ready ....she was found in her bed,shot,but still alive...
Omg.
She couldn't very well be getting up and ready if she WAS SHOT & BLEEDING OUT OF HER SKULL.
Your statement lends credence to the theory that she was shot a long long time before SL called 911.
Also we don't know what time they were supposed to meet for breakfast. It might have not been scheduled until 10 or even 11.
For me breakfast isn't over until 10:30 when McDonald's quits serving it. For all we know "breakfast" could have been at 12 at someplace where they serve breakfast all day. Ie IHOP or Waffle House.

My take on this is that Mr. Control Freak was allowing her go to breakfast with her friends and daughter....?? But, you would think she would have been up and getting ready ....she was found in her bed,shot,but still alive...

My take is that Melinda thought she was going to get to take the baby and go to breakfast with her friends that morning, but that was never going to happen. She was murdered and the police are saying SL did it.

Omg.
She couldn't very well be getting up and ready if she WAS SHOT & BLEEDING OUT OF HER SKULL.
Your statement lends credence to the theory that she was shot a long long time before SL called 911.
Also we don't know what time they were supposed to meet for breakfast. It might have not been scheduled until 10 or even 11.
For me breakfast isn't over until 10:30 when McDonald's quits serving it. For all we know "breakfast" could have been at 12 at someplace where they serve breakfast all day. Ie IHOP or Waffle House.

I think she was shot long before police were called. How long? Only he knows for sure, but I think he was scurrying about trying to come up with an alternate story to tell police because she was still alive and it sounds like the gun jammed, so he couldn't use it again. It is beyond horrible to even think about that, but the police told family and close friends, according to Set Her Soul Free, that Melinda was sleeping when she was shot. I also believe the other friend was at the house so early because her boyfriend, who was the owner of the house, had been contacted by police and they wanted to talk to him as they started their investigation.

I think she was shot long before police were called. How long? Only he knows for sure, but I think he was scurrying about trying to come up with an alternate story to tell police because she was still alive and it sounds like the gun jammed, so he couldn't use it again. It is beyond horrible to even think about that, but the police told family and close friends, according to Set Her Soul Free, that Melinda was sleeping when she was shot. I also believe the other friend was at the house so early because her boyfriend, who was the owner of the house, had been contacted by police and they wanted to talk to him as they started their investigation.
Agree 100%
It's the only thing that makes any sense.

I kinda figured Melina did not see her parents very often due to the supervised visitation with her child. If they had been seeing her regularly, that likely wouldn't have been ordered. I didn't know Melinda,and I don't know her family, but I do know that abusive relationships cause an extreme amount of confusion and pain and even anger and despair, between victims and their loved ones. Family can't understand, and victims can't explain. Very frustrating for all concerned.

Omg.

Because SHSF said...."Actually I was suppose to meet with our other friend, melinda and babygirl for breakfast that MORNING to catch up" And if your other friend or whoever happened upon the murder scene at an early morning hour that tells me that breakfast was planned early....

No where is it stated that Melinda's friend "happened" upon the scene!

Because SHSF said...."Actually I was suppose to meet with our other friend, melinda and babygirl for breakfast that MORNING to catch up" And if your other friend or whoever happened upon the murder scene at an early morning hour that tells me that breakfast was planned early....
Her friend was there because she is the GF of the LANDLORD who was notified by the police that a crime had been committed on his property.

I got the feeling they were going to hang out at Melinda's, have breakfast there, and catch up. Shsf said they were going to meet for breakfast, so I just thought she meant go over to her house and visit.

Actually I was suppose to meet with our other friend, melinda and babygirl for breakfast that morning to catch up, I had 2 missed calls from the landlords girlfriend (one of our best friends && also the girl that was suppose to go out with us) && it was going off again (which is what woke me, about 7 am) so I picked up and she was silent I kept saying her name and all she managed to say was, don't go to melindas.. And I could just hear it in her voice.. She didn't have to say it.. I just knew.. Our friend was at the house with the police and her boyfriend (owner of the home) I picked her up from there

note: "go out"

He won't have anything. He is in arrears on state-mandated child support. Any money he earns in prison will go towards that debt. Of course if he's convicted he won't collect on the insurance. So .... I think chances are good he'll spend the rest of his life in prison working to pay money he owes. JMO.

And that would be the best possible outcome. Let him live a long healthy life knowing that he wasn't anywhere near as smart as he thought he was.

This is what I hope for. Life in prison with no parole. Long, miserable days doing grunt work in a hot laundry or the like. No money because any pittance he does get in there goes straight to pay off state-mandated child support for his first kid. The state will get theirs first. Then anything left over (HAH) goes to pay off other debts. So no extras. Not even a candy bar. Oh, and no drugs for depression or anxiety to dull reality. Just hard work, no comforts, and watching his back.

If you read SetHerSoulFree's post, it says that she had missed calls from the landlord's girlfriend as well as the other friend so my take on that is: yes, the third friend arrived in the middle of it all
Unless the third friend is also the landlord's girlfriend which would explain how she knew.
I took her to mean that the 3rd friend, the friend she and M had plans with, was also the landlord's girlfriend. SetHerSoulFree has mention this fact before - that Steve and Melinda's landlord and his GF were good friends. So apparently the landlord was one of the first notified.

I took her to mean that the 3rd friend, the friend she and M had plans with, was also the landlord's girlfriend. SetHerSoulFree has mention this fact before - that Steve and Melinda's landlord and his GF were good friends. So apparently the landlord was one of the first notified.
Yes, when I reread it that's what I think she meant as well.

I'm only assuuming things like most everyone else is about what happened....If this was a planned get together with her friends I find it really odd that Steve would pick that day to murder his wife...knowing they would be coming to the house...knowing he would be a suspect for sure...he would have to be a really stupid guy and as some have said on here...he was intelligent...

I'm only assuuming things like most everyone else is about what happened....If this was a planned get together with her friends I find it really odd that Steve would pick that day to murder his wife...knowing they would be coming to the house...knowing he would be a suspect for sure...he would have to be a really stupid guy and as some have said on here...he was intelligent...
Not if she was supposed to die as soon as he shot her. And maybe, just maybe, he didn't know Melinda had made plans. If he was living away from the house, he may not have been privy to the details of her social life. I don't believe that, because he was so controlling. I find it more logical that he shot her in the middle of the night, but she didn't die right away. this caused him to run around in circles trying to stage a scene that could possibly be believed by law enforcement. Instead of coming in that morning and finding Melinda dead himself, he had to set up the whole "I was assaulted scene" which took time.

Not if she was supposed to die as soon as he shot her. And maybe, just maybe, he didn't know Melinda had made plans. If he was living away from the house, he may not have been privy to the details of her social life. I don't believe that, because he was so controlling. I find it more logical that he shot her in the middle of the night, but she didn't die right away. this caused him to run around in circles trying to stage a scene that could possibly be believed by law enforcement. Instead of coming in that morning and finding Melinda dead himself, he had to set up the whole "I was assaulted scene" which took time.
Maybe his plan was for her friends to be the ones to find her while he was far away - which would have made a lot more sense than the way it played out.

I don't think the police would notify the landlord first or even second or third...why would they unless they couldn't get in the house..? I'm sure when they received the 911 call the last thing when they arrived on scene wouldn't be..."Better call the landlord"...possibly after Melinda was taken away to the hospital,the crime scene was secured...etc...

I don't think the police would notify the landlord first or even second or third...why would they unless they couldn't get in the house..? I'm sure when they received the 911 call the last thing when they arrived on scene wouldn't be..."Better call the landlord"...possibly after Melinda was taken away to the hospital,the crime scene was secured...etc...
Well if the landlord's GF started calling SetHerSoulFree before 7am she was obviously one of the first to know. SOMEONE notified the landlord.

Don't be sorry about asking the questions, that's what I'm here for, to answer anything I can to the best of my ability. I'm not entirely sure if she was being dropped off by her bf to ride with Melinda or is he as the home owner was notified honestly, I never asked and it was the last thought on my mind, I just know I got the call got in my car drove the half hour picked up our friend went to her house where we then talked to the detectives.

The 3rd friend is the landlords girlfriend, I'm sorry if I worded that poorly, I'm trying to keep from using names. We will call her "BB"

Melinda would give cries for help, but within days sometimes even hours would retract her statement saying "she misunderstood" or it was a misunderstanding

Steve would occasionally allow Melinda to come out with myself as well as BB, we have all known him for YEARS. However as I've stated she had to have that life app or whatever and she would have to check in so it showed where she was.

Exactly she would have been up by 430 to get babygirl food by 5 and we were suppose to meet at her place around 10ish so I guess "brunch" is more of the term.

#JusticeForMelinda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member