GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad the Police have evidence...most likely more than anyone knows and will come out in trial...I truly would hate to see a man convicted of something he might not have done.I think its pretty obvious that I don't think he did...but, I have been wrong before when following other cases on here..

They obviously do, and the evidence they have is why they arrested and charged him. This, coupled with the bizarre story he gave makes me believe he did it.

It also would have given him a chance to get rid of the clothing he had on, and take a shower to get rid of the gunshot residue, too.

Didn't they find gunshot residue on his clothes or him?

Didn't they find gunshot residue on his clothes or him?
I don't think that was ever answered. The news reports only stated preliminary tests results were presumptive positive.

Nobody will probably find out the time of the shooting until the final autopsy report. Melinda may have laid there dying for hours

The times are just speculation, we only know for sure that the 911 call came in just after 6 am, but it doesn't seem logical that she was shot within a minute of the 911 call, so we know that she was shot on or before 6am

I doubt the autopsy could confirm when she was shot because she didn't die until much later. All an autopsy can confirm is a time of death. Unless a neighbor heard the gunshot, I think it is going to be impossible to confirm when it took place.

JMO

The police know EXACTLY what time the gunshot went off. It is part of evidence. The 911 call was made almost immediately following the gunshot, not hours later.

Do you know how the police determined that she was shot immediately before the 911 call?

Which begs the question, if she always got up around 4 am why was she still in bed after 6? Did he put her back in?
It does beg the question, and I have no idea, especially since we know she was shot in her bed. I'm sure the police can easily tell that from the blood flow patterns, and that is what they told the family, so I'm taking it as fact.
To me the theory that makes the most sense, as much as I hate to think about it, is that Melinda was shot shortly before the time she usually got up, with the 911 call being made a couple of hours or so later.
If that is not the case, and Melinda was in bed a couple of hours later than usual, we might not ever know why.

I don't think that was ever answered. The news reports only stated preliminary tests results were presumptive positive.

Now that you mention it, I did notice they failed to note WHERE the presumptive positive was found. If it was his clothes or his hands or just one but not the other.

JMO

It does beg the question, and I have no idea, especially since we know she was shot in her bed. I'm sure the police can easily tell that from the blood flow patterns, and that is what they told the family, so I'm taking it as fact.
To me the theory that makes the most sense, as much as I hate to think about it, is that Melinda was shot shortly before the time she usually got up, with the 911 call being made a couple of hours or so later.
If that is not the case, and Melinda was in bed a couple of hours later than usual, we might not ever know why.

I believe SHSF stated the police had told them they believed Melinda was asleep when she was shot.

They have the audio of it from a security system.

If there was an audio that recorded the sound and time of the gunshot, did it also record any sounds of the intruder choking and then dragging SL through the house?

Who has the policy on baby girl then? Steve didn't. Did her parents? My brother has all of Steve's bills, all his cancelled checks, all his important documents and there is no insurance policy on anyone other then Melinda. There is nothing in any of the evidence from the prosecutor mentioning a policy either. Did you see one? Did anyone see a policy? You'd think after two months of the bills going to my brother's home he would have received a notice of payment on a policy if there was one. Edit to add, there is nothing in the insurance agent's interview suggesting there was a policy on the baby either.

Her parents saw a copy and as I have said until the info they give me ends up wrong I will continue to share it unless asked otherwise.. From what I was told on Easter it was taken out through MetLife just as Melinda's was. a&& to my understanding yes taken out by Steve.

As far as the bills go idk what the deal is with it...just as I can't say who had the third line on his cell phone plan...do you have any idea on that one?

#justiceforMelinda

RE: Audio Tape

All of the news reports stated that none of the neighbors heard anything. At 6 a.m. or after, I would think that some neighbors would have already been awake because it was a Friday morning and people would have been getting up and ready for work. It the sound of the gunshot was recorded on audio security that was not located in the home, it must have been pretty loud.

Also would be interested if the audio info was provided by the police.

I know fore sure gsr was found on his hands.

Snowwhite, a big big part of me hopes you're right, I pray to God that this is ALLLLL just wrong and just looks really bad and if that's the case I will personally apologize to Steve, bc that leaves baby girl without any parents and having to live the rest of her life knowing her dad killed her mother in cold blood...I wouldn't wish that on anyone...

However my gut...and my heart..and personally knowing them both and their relationship...I can't say that for one moment that I believe it wasn't him...

Hmm...security system...that's a first for me to hear about...I'll have to check into that. ...interesting tho..

#justiceforMelinda

Edited for personal reasons

If there was an audio that recorded the sound and time of the gunshot, did it also record any sounds of the intruder choking and then dragging SL through the house?

If there was audio on another house close enough to record sound, the video component may have been close enough to capture any coming or going down the street.

JMO

I doubt Steve planned to leave and have Melinda discovered by someone else. That would leave doubt as to whether or not she committed suicide ( which if it had been presumed that she did would have ended up making the life insurance not pay out.) This would have screwed up the ultimate goal Steve had which was to profit from her death. I do think he changed his plan for how the night was going to go when she did not die immediately. Obviously if a real intruder has come in and shot your wife, you are going to be trying like hell to save her unless you can't...or don't want to. Since she was still alive and he had NO desire to save her, he had to render himself unable to provide aid.

I doubt Steve planned to leave and have Melinda discovered by someone else. That would leave doubt as to whether or not she committed suicide ( which if it had been presumed that she did would have ended up making the life insurance not pay out.) This would have screwed up the ultimate goal Steve had which was to profit from her death. I do think he changed his plan for how the night was going to go when she did not die immediately. Obviously if a real intruder has come in and shot your wife, you are going to be trying like hell to save her unless you can't...or don't want to. Since she was still alive and he had NO desire to save her, he had to render himself unable to provide aid.

With the way she was shot..there is no way anyone would have thought suicide.. It wasn't possible to shoot herself in that way

#justiceforMelinda

With the way she was shot..there is no way anyone would have thought suicide.. It wasn't possible to shoot herself in that way

#justiceforMelinda

I think the location of the gun pretty much rules out suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23