GUILTY IN - Mercedes Lain, 11 mos, extreme danger Plymouth, 12 Aug 2021 *3 Arrests, includes parents*

A search of the mother and father on mycase.in.gov shows people of the same names have offenses for meth and controlled substances to their names.
Sadly that is not all to surprising as Northern Indiana is pretty well known for meth..

Either way I hope this one is found safely..

Mercedes Lain has been missing since Thursday, and the FBI is now assisting in the search, WNDU reported.

Plymouth Police Chief David Bacon said the man she had last been seen with, 37-year-old Justin Miller, is in custody and also charged with neglect of a dependent. Police said Miller is a family friend and was supposed to babysit Mercedes for a few days.

Mercedes was reported missing by her father Sunday night, and a statewide Silver Alert was issued. Miller and his vehicle were found in Starke County at 3:30 a.m. Monday.

Police believe Mercedes could be in the Marshall County area, but there is no sign of where exactly she might be.

“We’re just asking if anybody knows anything or if you have her, please bring her home or take her somewhere where she can be brought home,” said Stacy Milton, Mercedes’ aunt. “Please, we’re asking for your guys’ help.”

She was initially reported missing from Plymouth, Indiana on Thursday night, and the FBI Indianapolis office said on Twitter that she had been seen between then and Sunday in Marshall County, Starke County and St. Joseph County.
FBI joins search for missing 11-month-old in Indiana; parents charged

https://twitter.com/FBIIndianapolis/status/1427696504773517313

*I’m so happy there’s been so many members’ comments. I’m “ up to my ears in alligators” as my girl @afitzy would say. This is the first time I’ve had a chance to check on little Mercedes. Baby Arieanna Day has yet to be located and she came to my mind as soon as I saw the Silver Alert go out. Oh man, I wish I was in better financial shape to donate to the reward money. Someone knows…

Listening to the press conference hurts my heart. Their voices illustrate the pain, heartbreak and fears of those who love Mercedes. Please let this little one be safe. Let this case be about some selfish revengeful action meant to hurt the parents but not meaning to harm Mercedes. We so need a miracle about now. Every minute longer she is missing is a tick on the clock and a checkmark toward finding Mercedes in a deceased thread.

eta: I can’t let my post go without mentioning little Lisa Irwin, almost the same age… she has still not been found either.

Last edited:
Joshua Short
@JoshuaShortWNDU

STILL MISSING: 11-month-old Mercedes Lain of Plymouth is still missing right now. This morning, the FBI is involved in this search.
--------------------
FBI Indianapolis
@FBIIndianapolis

·
3h
MISSING INFANT UPDATE: Mercedes Lain was last seen wearing a white onesie with pink trim. From Thursday to Sunday she was seen in Marshall Co, Starke Co and St. Joe Co. Blonde hair/Brown eyes/2 ft tall/19 lbs
@MichianaCS
offering up to $1,000 for info, can remain anonymous.

I'm very confused. So, this guy was a family friend, and he was supposed to be babysitting for a few days? Do I have that right?

And the baby has been sighted in these other areas? She's 11 months old, it's not like she's going to take herself anywhere. Who was she with?

So many questions.

I'm very confused. So, this guy was a family friend, and he was supposed to be babysitting for a few days? Do I have that right?

And the baby has been sighted in these other areas? She's 11 months old, it's not like she's going to take herself anywhere. Who was she with?

So many questions.
Read comments on TL's page.
There is only one reason this Miller guy would not willingly tell LE where Mercedes is :(

She was last seen on Thursday night. https://www.wrtv.com/news/public-sa...rom-plymouth-believed-to-be-in-extreme-danger

They did not issue an alert until yesterday.. Home

Which makes you wonder if they weren't reported until then, but at the same time there is so little info. I swear Indiana is terrible at giving information on missing persons.
Miller posted a picture of Mercedes on 08/14 very early in the morning. Have no idea when that picture was taken or what significance it could have, looks like she is sleeping. I noted her ear hadn't been cleaned in a while :(

This reminds me of a girl I met when I got arrested decades ago who left her baby with a drug dealer at a hotel to do meth and went on a bender for days. Got arrested opening boxes in home depot thinking her baby was in one. Fortunately from what I heard the baby was found alive but in a state of neglect and she lost custody (of course).
I don't have much hope though for this one. Especially after looking at some of the comments on moms fb page. It's all very sad.

There are also other children from what I gather, no idea if they were with those two also. My thought is the others were not in their custody, but Mercedes was only 11 months old. CPS might not have known about her, hadn't been called yet, or couldn't locate the parents. All just my opinion. Clearly addiction issues at play.

FBI joins search for missing 11-month-old in Indiana; parents charged
so according to this article. She's missing since 8/12 however, this Justin Miller was supposed to babysit for "a few days", yet last seen 8/14 ( Saturday at 12:30am) So, Friday into Saturday and then reported missing on Sunday 8/15. Where the heck are these dates coming from? What the heck happened at 12:30am Saturday morning that she is now missing and who saw her at that time? Not buying any of this. IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back