IN IN - Monica Jewell, 16, Kokomo, 13 February 1973

Tuck

Reaction score
This case is not listed by any databases. Please add any additional information, or correct any erroneous details listed below.

If anyone determines that Monica Jean Jewell is not still missing, please let me know and I will have this post removed. I've collected a fair amount of information, and that has led me to speculate that she has not been located to date.

Name -
Monica Jean Jewell

Last Seen - 02/13/1973 (This date is an estimation, correlating with a newspaper article that reports her disappearance but provides few details).

Missing From - Kokomo, Indiana

Age - 16

Race - White

Sex - Female

Hair Color -
Brown (Frosted Ends)

Eye Color - Brown

Height - 66

Weight - 135 (at the time of her 1971 disappearance).

Medical Details - N/A

Clothing -
Blue jeans, a yellow blouse, a red jacket and red shoes.

Circumstances - The MP was last seen walking to work at a restaurant known as Ray's Drive In (still in operation as of 2018), located on Courtland Avenue in Kokomo, Indiana. At the time, she resided in the Fairlawn neighbourhood of the town, and the distance to her place of employment was roughly a five kilometre walk. She has never been heard from again, and was later reported missing by her parents.

This wasn't the first time that the MP had vanished. She had previously left home in 1971, and hadn't been reported as missing by the Kokomo Tribune until over a week later. It is presumed she returned home at some point afterwards, although the details surrounding this first occurrence are sparse.

It is not clear if the MP remains missing, but there are indications that she has not been located to date. Later in 1973, she was included on a list of people in Kokomo who had unclaimed tax returns, and there is no indication that these were collected. Furthermore, in her mother's obituary, a comment next to her name indicates that there was 'no address listed', despite addresses being listed for her brothers and sisters. In 2014, the case was also mentioned on a blog post The “Missing Missing” Females Part I, which references a defunct missing persons forum operating from 1995 - 2016, indicating that someone was searching for her relatively recently.

*There is a photograph attached to the Kokomo Tribune at the time of her 1971 disappearance.

I was just doing some research on the whereabouts of Monica Jewell & came across the name John Brennan Crutchley. Wikipedia states he was a convicted kidnapper and rapist who was suspected of murdering up to 30 women, but was never tried nor convicted of those crimes. In the early 1970's, he worked at Delco Electronics in Kokomo, IN. That would coincide with Monica Jewell's disappearance in 1973. Crutchley eventually either quit or was fired from Delco & moved to the Washington D.C. area in the mid 1970's. Here is his Wikipedia page John Brennan Crutchley - Wikipedia

Fairlawn is about one mile from where Crutchley worked, and 5 miles roughly from Ray's Drive In. if she had to walk 3 miles to work its likely he could be involved

Bump. Not sure what the status of this case is?

I was just doing some research on the whereabouts of Monica Jewell & came across the name John Brennan Crutchley. Wikipedia states he was a convicted kidnapper and rapist who was suspected of murdering up to 30 women, but was never tried nor convicted of those crimes. In the early 1970's, he worked at Delco Electronics in Kokomo, IN. That would coincide with Monica Jewell's disappearance in 1973. Crutchley eventually either quit or was fired from Delco & moved to the Washington D.C. area in the mid 1970's. Here is his Wikipedia page John Brennan Crutchley - Wikipedia

John Brennan Crutchley did certainly move to DC and he also worked for DelCo Electronics there as well. There was a post in the Lyon Sister's thread years ago with a suspect list that specifically mentioned that Crutchley worked for Delco on the East Coast (pretty sure it said DC specifically). He was a bad guy, but I think he was only convicted of one attempted murder charge. I could be wrong I will go check, but I know his wife said he was a real weird dude with even weirder fetishes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back