GUILTY IN - Newton County, Fem, 30 Mar 2019 - Nicole Bowen

Here is a probation violation mugshot of GK from 03/27/17. He was much heavier and had more hair back then.

Mugshot of Garett Kirts arrested on 03/27/2017 in Boone, Indiana

Bringing forward his mugshot from 2017 again. They have all changed a lot haven't they?

GARETT KIRTS

garett-kirts-arrested-in-boone-indiana-03-27-2017.jpg

I am looking for the exact charges for each individual. Are they all being charged with the same offences?
Maybe @Tippy Lynn or @Niner may know where we can find that info.

This link seems to have the charges listed.

Newton County Charges Lebanon Man With Murder

"Kirts was arrested by Jasper County authorities on April first, and charged with resisting law enforcement, and he was being held in the Jasper County Jail. Kirts was then charged with Nicole Bowen’s murder on Friday, April 5th, and he is now in the Newton County Jail, being held without bail. Two other people, 34 year old Jasmine N. Parker, of Kentland and 26 year old Ashley N. Garth, of Delphi, have been arrested on felony assisting a criminal charges. Newton County law enforcement also stated a warrant for the felony charge of assisting a criminal has been issued for Chris Channing Mathis, age 27, of Kentland. "

Channing has since been arrested and charged.

Also taken from previous link.

Kirts was arrested after driving behind the former location of Grandma’s Kitchen at Interstate 65 and Highway 114, on April 1st. Local law enforcement was given information that he was a suspect in the murder and would be arriving in this area. Officers from Rensselaer Police, the Jasper County and Newton County Sheriff’s Departments, and investigators from the Newton County Prosecutors Office arrived at the scene, blocked the entrance to the area, and after seeing law enforcement, Kirts reportedly led officers on a chase in the vacant lot between Burger King and the fireworks store. He then allegedly drove through a fence on the northside of the closed property, apparently trying to gain access to the interstate. His vehicle became stuck and he was arrested at that time, and charged with the felonies of criminal recklessness and resisting law enforcement.

So I think these are the charges, based on the MSM article above.

GK - Murder, Resisting Law Enforcement, Criminal Recklessness.
CC, JP, AG, TB - Assisting a Criminal.
I also think torture may have been mentioned.

Last edited:
DNA results could add charges in torture, murder of West Lafayette woman near Kentland

This article indicates that they are waiting for DNA results to determine if they bump up some of the charges.

"On Friday morning, Newton County Prosecutor Jeff Drinski told Molter he was waiting for results from DNA tests, as he determines whether to bump up charges for any of the four suspects charged with assisting a criminal the night Garett Kirts, 21, of Lebanon, is accused of strangling and killing Bowen at a trailer park near Kentland.

Drinski told the court that those DNA results could take months to get and could lead to additional homicide charges."

Newton County Superior Court
56D01-1904-MR-000367
STATE V GARETT K KIRTS
File date: 04/05/2019 Disposition Date:

Welcome to Doxpop

re this court site - I see you have to pay to look. I'm also wondering "why" they are not in the Indiana court site? That's where I have found all Indiana cases, but this one is different and wondering why?

Looks @Tippy Lynn - you will be my "go-to" person to get next court dates.

Can you look up and see when the others are due back in court. I have them on 6/28. And also their individual bond amounts?

TIA! :)

re this court site - I see you have to pay to look. I'm also wondering "why" they are not in the Indiana court site? That's where I have found all Indiana cases, but this one is different and wondering why?

Can you look up and see when the others are due back in court. I have them on 6/28. And also their individual bond amounts?

I'm not Tippy but I think it is because Newton County do not have the Odyssey system. Only Odyssey systems go into MyCase I think. Can't remember where I saw that.

Also the article I just posted was dated 28th June and it was reporting on the court appearances so that date was correct for the accomplices and GK is due in court tomorrow I think.

That article mentions bonds but not individual amounts.

"Molter on Friday pushed the next court dates to November for Beckley, 30, of Monticello; Jasmine Parker, 34, of Kentland; and Christopher Mathis, 27; of Kentland. A similar timeframe was given to Ashley Garth, 26, of Delphi, during a hearing earlier in the week. Individual trials will follow between April and June in 2020. The four were being held Friday at the Newton County Jail on bonds ranging from $25,000 to $50,000."

Last edited:

I don't know why this case is different either. I don't have a paid subscription on Doxpop. When you sign up for you are allowed 6 free searches a month. I will take a look and see what I can find on next court dates. :)

Thank you for that info tresir2012! Much appreciated.

And Tippy Lynn - thanks for looking up those dates - and maybe they have their bond amounts too? TIA! :)

Here's what's on Doxpop. I'm not sure why, but there was only one date listed for GK. @Niner

Garett Kirts, 21, Lebanon
Count 1 , Number 1 : (Original)

Charge:
35-42-1-1(1) MURDER
Plea:
Charge Type:
X Felony
Disposition:
Charge Date: 03/28/2019
COURT ORDERS CLERK TO ISSUE WARRANT. BOND SET AT $NO BOND.

Disposition Date: 7/10/19
8:30 AM CDT
Confirmed

Event: Hearing: OMNIBUS HEARING

Jasmine N. Parker, 34, Kentland

Charge:
35-44.1-2-5(a)(2) ASSISTING A CRIMINAL
Plea:
Charge Type: 5 Felony
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Enhancement: HC HABITUAL CRIMINAL
STATE BY DRINSKI, DEFT W/O COUNSEL APP FOR IH. BOND SET AT $25,000/10%. CT
APPOINTS WASHBURN AND SETS THIS CAUSE FOR OH ON 6-28-19 AT 830AM. STATE IS
ORDERED TO PROVIDE DISCOVERY. JF
CC: STATE, PARKER, WASHBURN, SHERIFF

4/10/19
Confirmed

Event: Hearing: INITIAL HEARING

4/16/19
2:00 PM CDT
Confirmed

Event: Hearing: HEARING

4/17/19
Confirmed

Event: Hearing: MOTION HEARING

4/23/19
Confirmed

6/28/19
Confirmed

11/22/19
8:30 AM CST
Confirmed

5/4/20
10:00 AM CDT
Confirmed

Event: Hearing: JURY TRIAL

Ashley N. Garth, 26, Delphi

Charge:
Plea:
Disposition:
Charge Date: 03/29/2019
Disposition Date:
STATE BY DRINSKI, DEFT W/O COUNSEL APP FOR IH. DEFT ADVISES CT AN ATTORNEY
HAS BEEN RETAINED ON HER BEHALF. CT DECLINES TO APPOINT COUNSEL AND SETS
THIS CAUSE FOR OH ON 6-28-19 AT 830AM. BOND SET AT $25,000/10%. JF
CC: STATE, GARTH, SHERIFF, DELGADO

4/10/19
Confirmed

4/17/19
Confirmed

6/26/19
Confirmed

7/29/19
Cancelled

11/22/19
Confirmed

Talitha Beckley, Monticello

Charge:
Plea:
Disposition:
Charge Date: 03/29/2019
Disposition Date:
STATE BY GODDARD, DEFT W/O COUNSEL APPEAR. CT DIRECTS THE STATE TO TENDER
A PC. CT SETS THIS CAUSE FOR IH ON 4-15-19 AT 830AM AND SETS BOND AT $25,000/10%. JF CC: STATE, BECKLEY, SHERIFF

4/15/19
Confirmed

4/26/19
Confirmed

Event: Hearing: HEARING

6/28/19
Confirmed

11/22/19
Confirmed

6/1/20
Confirmed

Christopher Channing Mathis, 27, Kentland
Charge: 35-44.1-2-5(a)(2) ASSISTING A CRIMINAL Plea:
Charge Type: 5 Felony Disposition:
Charge Date: 03/28/2019 Disposition Date:
Count 2 , Number 2 : (Original)
Charge: 35-44.1-2-2(a)(1)(A) OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE Plea:
Charge Type: 6 Felony Disposition:

STATE BY DRINSKI, DEFT W/O COUNSEL APPEAR. CT ENTERS A PLEA OF NOT GUILTY
ON BEHALF OF THE DEFT AND APPOINTS GALVAN. STATE IS ORDERED TO PROVIDE
DISCOVERY. CT SETS THIS CAUSE FOR OH ON 6-28-19 AT 830AM. CT SETS THE
DEFTS BOND AT $50,000/SURETY ONLY. JF
CC: STATE, MATHIS, GALVAN, SHERIFF

4/10/19
Confirmed

4/17/19
Confirmed

6/28/19
Confirmed

11/22/19
Confirmed

4/6/20
Confirmed

ETA: CCM info was added.

Last edited:
The article states the bonds were $25k to $40k. On Tippy's court data GK states "No bond" and the three women all have $25k bond listed so by deduction that leaves CCM with the $40k bond. :)

Thanks for the info Tippy.

ETA Bond for CCM is $50k based on court info

Last edited:
The article states the bonds were $25k to $40k. On Tippy's court data GK states "No bond" and the three women all have $25k bond listed so by deduction that leaves CCM with the $40k bond. :)

Thanks for the info Tippy.

I looked in Doxpop under CM and the info came up so I edited my post. CM's bond was set at $50K.

Wednesday, July 10th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 8:30am CT) – IN – Nicole Lynn Bowen (30) (March, 29, 2019, Jefferson Township, Newton County, found March 30, 2019) – only for *Garrett Kenneth Kirts (21) arrested (4/1/19) & charged (3/28/19) with murder, resisting LE & criminal recklessness. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek life w/o parole.
6/12/19 Hearing reset for 7/10.
*Jasmine Nicole Parker (34) arrested (4/2/19) & charged (3/28/19) with felony count of assisting a criminal. $25K bond.
*Ashley N. Garth (26) arrested (4/3/19) & charged (3/29/19) with felony count of assisting a criminal. $25K bond.
*Christopher Channing Mathis (27) arrested (4/10/19) & charged (3/28/19) with felony count of assisting a criminal & obstruction of justice. Plead not guilty. $50K bond.
*Talitha A. Beckley (36) arrested (4/5/19) & charged (3/29/19) with felony count of assisting a criminal. $25K bond.
DA awaiting DNA results as to whether to bump up charges for 4 suspects.
6/28/19 Hearing for Parker, Garth, Mathis & Beckley. Pretrial (Omnibus) hearings for the “Four” on 11/22. Individual trials will following between April & June of 2020. Bonds range from $25K to $50K. Parker’s trial starts 5/4/20, Beckley’s trial starts 6/1/20 & Mathis’ trial starts 4/6/20. No trial date for Garth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back