GUILTY IN - Paisley Olivia Hudson, 23 months, death by homicide, Madison County, 28 Jul 2018

Discussion in 'Trials' started by cybervampira, Jul 30, 2018.

1. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Coroner: Anderson toddler died from blunt force injuries, liver lacerations

A 23-month-old baby died Saturday morning and authorities have ruled her death a homicide. Paisley Olivia Hudson was pronounced dead after her mother Kayla Hudson drove her to St. Vincent in Anderson before 7 a.m.
    upload_2018-7-30_15-40-49.jpeg
    Hudson’s cause of death was multiple blunt force injuries with two liver lacerations that caused internal bleeding. The coroner said the child had a skull fracture and too many bruises to count.
    upload_2018-7-30_15-45-56.jpeg
    Kayla Hudson and her boyfriend Ryan Ramirez were arrested for neglect of a dependent in connection with the case.

An older sibling is being treated for abuse at Riley Hospital for Children.

Indiana baby's death ruled a homicide, mother and boyfriend arrested

Anderson mother, boyfriend arrested after toddler’s death ruled homicide

Police investigating death of toddler and injuries to another child

Anderson mom, boyfriend arrested in toddler's death

FOX59 News

Niner, LietKynes, Honey_West and 8 others like this.

2. ksprincess

ksprincess Well-Known Member

Another baby killed by Mom and her boyfriend:mad:

Niner, Honey_West, dyannaON and 5 others like this.
  3. cybervampira

The only positive thing I have to say about the ”mother“ is that at least she drove her to the hospital but that‘s about it. :mad:

Hippiemomof5, Niner, MsMarple and 3 others like this.
  4. whatsnext

whatsnext Justice for Gannon

I am so sick of this by now, those cases changed my opinion about the death penalty completely. I have always been strictly against it, now I think the world would be better off without certain subjects.

TxMother67, Niner, abr and 7 others like this.
  5. kirkassoc

kirkassoc Well-Known Member

There's something missing in people who commit crimes against children, and it can NEVER be corrected, IMHO. Keep them away from children and prevent them from fathering/mothering more little "victims." JMO, but we are reading more and more about these cases. Where and how does it stop?

Suwannee, flourish, katydid23 and 8 others like this.
  6. cybervampira

I‘m still against the death penalty.
    - There have been too many cases where innocent people were given the death penalty.
    - But even if someone is guilty as hell, it costs the taxpayer more than LWOP.

While there is a number of sociopaths that cannot be cured, let the rest go through therapy in prison until they are able to reflect on their actions, go through change and teach other inmates what they‘ve learned about themselves, so they can at least give something back to society.

flourish, Suglo, mom2four717 and 2 others like this.
  7. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

This poor baby's death has been ruled a homicide and yet the mother and boyfriend have only been charged with neglect?

Someone tell me how this makes sense.

TxMother67, flourish, abr and 8 others like this.
  8. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a holding charge while they investigate and try to work out which of them caused which injuries?

flourish, Niner, katydid23 and 6 others like this.
  9. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

I bet that's exactly it. A probable cause document needs to be drawn up, search warrants need to be executed, evidence needs to be processed and the DA has to decide whether to bring murder charges now or go to the Grand Jury for an indictment.

None of the above can happen until the investigation clearly points to one - or both - adults.

Amonet, Niner, ksprincess and 3 others like this.
  10. PolishPrincess

PolishPrincess New Member

Here is a photo of Paisley Hudson approximately 2 months prior to her death. She was found wandering near an interstate and brought into a local restaurant covered in blood, bruising and burns. DCS had been involved in multiple occasions within the prior year. DCS was involved for a broken leg on the baby girl. Paisley's 4 year old brother is still in the hospital with a broken wrist and severe trauma.

Attached Files:

11. PolishPrincess

PolishPrincess New Member

Here is affidavit. Sorry it's blurry.

Attached Files:

LietKynes, Niner, MsMarple and 2 others like this.
  12. ksprincess

WHAT?! She was found wandering near a highway covered in burns and bruises and was returned to her parents only to end up dead 2 months later. I am always the 1st person to defend cps/DCF but I can't even attempt to.

13. ksprincess

14. dyannaON

dyannaON Well-Known Member

Some noteworthy comments.

WTHR-TV

15. MsMarple

16. MsMarple

Charges filed today:
    Kayla Hudson
    * Level-one felony charge of neglect of dependent resulting in death.
    * Class A misdemeanor charge of reckless supervision by a child care provider.
    Ryan Ramirez
    * Murder - doesn't say what degree.
    * Reckless supervision by a child care provider.

Lots of information at the link. From court documents, Hudson said when Ramirez picked up her from work at 11 pm Paisley was asleep in her car seat. Ramirez carried her up to the motel room and put her in a Pack 'n' Play while Hudson put her son to bed.

Hudson said she then went to Walmart to buy cream and tea bags, which she used to treat her son's bruising and swelling. Then she left again to get food and cigarettes. When she returned she asked Ramirez if he had checked on Paisley and he said he changed her diaper.

Hudson said they were up all night talking and watching TV. Around 6:15 am Saturday she became concerned that Paisley hadn't woken up yet. She went to wake her and found her not breathing and cold to the touch. So she put her in a warm bath, tried CPR then redressed her.

She said she didn't call 911 because Ramirez told her CPS would get involved and they should come up with an alibi. She said she refused and took Paisley to the hospital, leaving her son with Ramirez.

Ramirez's two sons were interviewed by police; one of them said Ramirez hit Paisley "for no reason, he hits her a lot."

Hudson's other child was examined and found to be "covered" with bruises and other signs of physical trauma.
    Murder charge filed in death of Anderson child
    Father charged with murder in Anderson toddler's death
    This is the same woman who told a reporter “I could’ve opened my eyes a little bit more and quit being so blind about everything,” Hudson said. “I didn’t realize the person I brought into my child’s lives.”

Does she think we're stupid? Trying to convince us she was a loving, caring, concerned mother falls flat in light of the evidence. Pointing the finger at Ramirez doesn't absolve her one iota from being a horrible mother who allowed him into their lives. The court records clearly show long-term abuse in that home. Hudson wasn't "blind" or blind-sided; she knew exactly what was going on and she chose to make her man the priority. JMO.

17. MsMarple

Slightly different report on the charges at this link.

Kayla Hudson was charged with Level 1 felony neglect of a dependent causing death and Level 3 felony neglect of a dependent causing serious injury.

Ryan Ramirez was charged with the murder of Paisley Hudson and Level 3 felony neglect of a dependent causing serious injury of the 3-year-old brother.

I'm not sure which is correct. Here's more on what happened in court:
    When the judge asked Ramirez if he understood his rights and the charges he said "Yes. I don't agree with them but, yes, I understand them."

Um, okay. Between that and Hudson's "I had nothing to do with this. I had nothing to do with this" I wanna tear my hair out.

The article also points out a few conflicts between their stories.

Chesterfield man, mother charged in weekend death of toddler

Laughing, Amonet, 1&2&3 and 4 others like this.
  18. LietKynes

LietKynes " Law is the ultimate science. " --LietKynes

I have no sympathy for this "mother". not one iota.

These injuries didn't happen overnight.

And the fact this innocent baby girl was returned to them after being found outside (and in the GC restaurant) wandering -- bloody , burned , and bruised; defies comprehension !

I am thinking the restaurant worker who is in the photo is holding her shirt to her nose b/c this baby was filthy and stank to high heavens.
    Unloved. Uncared for.

Or maybe she was wiping away tears.

As well as the older sibling who was bruised and burns on his ankles.
    *insert swearing*

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  19. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Hudson said they were up all night talking and watching TV. Around 6:15 am Saturday she became concerned that Paisley hadn't woken up yet. She went to wake her and found her not breathing and cold to the touch. So she put her in a warm bath, tried CPR then redressed her.

She said she didn't call 911 because Ramirez told her CPS would get involved and they should come up with an alibi. She said she refused and took Paisley to the hospital, leaving her son with Ramirez.

Ramirez's two sons were interviewed by police; one of them said Ramirez hit Paisley "for no reason, he hits her a lot."

Hudson's other child was examined and found to be "covered" with bruises and other signs of physical trauma.
    Murder charge filed in death of Anderson child

Up all night talking and watching TV? ===METH?

Like many others here, I usually defend CPS workers because I know how difficult their situations can be. Often it is a lose/lose situation.

But I cannot explain or justify this case at all. A very young baby is found wandering all alone, bruised and bleeding, and she ends up back home, with her bruised and battered siblings, until she is murdered by the monsters? UGH...my blood pressure is surging...

musicaljoke, Laughing, 2Hope4 and 7 others like this.
  20. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

another article:
    Toddler Dies Just Before Her 2nd Birthday from 'Unbelievable' Injuries as Mom Is Arrested

Dunnichay, the medical examiner, says it took her two hours to count the bruises blotting Paisley’s body. The girl’s two liver lacerations led to internal bleeding and are often seen in victims of a car crash, not toddlers, Dunnichay says, calling the injuries “shocking” and “unbelievable.”

Following this one....

RIP Paisley! [​IMG]

2Hope4, flourish, Amonet and 5 others like this.