Found Deceased IN - Paul Etter wanted for Kidnapping, Tippecanoe County, 22 June 2019

I had the thought regarding requesting the autopsy results along with DNA. Maybe there are other unsolved assaults in that county. They might be looking at physical markers? I mean, if you're getting one result, you might as well get them all.

This article has been posted several times, but in it they call PE a "convicted sex offender." Is that accurate, or just poor reporting (this is the same article in which they opened with "blew his brains out")? Would they be calling him that already for his recent crime, or isn't he still considered a "suspect?"

New suspect in double murder of teen girls in Indiana
I didn't see any prior sex related arrest in the Indiana records. And from what the attorney that was on the thread earlier with us said, you cannot convict a dead person.

Does anyone know why Carroll County LE would request an autopsy report on someone who shot himself? I can understand requesting DNA results, buy why the autopsy? I wonder what that could tell them about the Delphi crimes? Was there something unique to the killer at the CS, or in the audio, or the witness statements, whatever, that might be seen in an autopsy? IDK. Just curious.

Toxicology for one. Were they under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time. Did they have a brain tumor, etc.

So looking at PE's obituary, it states he was in farming and more recently self employed working on "equipment." It doesn't say what type of equipment, but I think it's worth noting that there's a farm equipment company (Hoosier Harvestore) located directly by the Monon High Bridge Trail from what I can see on Google Maps. I wonder if PE worked with or for this company at all.. it could explain how he could have crossed paths with the girls. He could have possibly seen them being dropped off while he was in the vicinity of the store & acted spontaneously from there. Strictly theory.

Obituary: Obituary for Paul A. Etter at Soller-Baker Funeral Homes, Inc. - West Lafayette Chapel

I think he had four felony charges at different times but some were plead guilty to as misdemeanors but not all of them IIRC. I did copy them into here from mycase. But not all the individual detail. A couple he took to appeal so not sure on the outcome. He was not allowed to have a gun, I know that, not that it stopped him obviously. I'll see if I can bring forward just the four instances he was charged with felonies and we can go from there.

I think he had four felony charges at different times but some were plead guilty to as misdemeanors but not all of them IIRC. I did copy them into here from mycase. But not all the individual detail. A couple he took to appeal so not sure on the outcome. He was not allowed to have a gun, I know that, not that it stopped him obviously. I'll see if I can bring forward just the four instances he was charged with felonies and we can go from there.
Forget what I posted. He should have had DNA taken for the felony residential entry at least:

Persons required to provide DNA sample
Sec. 10. (a) This section applies to the following:
(1) A person convicted of a felony under IC 35-42 (offenses against the person) or IC 35-43-2-1 (burglary):
(A) after June 30, 1996, whether or not the person is sentenced to a term of imprisonment; or
(B) before July 1, 1996, if the person is held in jail or prison on or after July 1, 1996.

2006 Indiana Code - CHAPTER 6. INDIANA DNA DATA BASE

Prior to 2012 IC 35-43-2-1 (burglary) included residential entry:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw2eLy9ghFoqTt5_JelCF7Ov&cshid=1564003464502

Ok, these are his 3 prior felony charges from 94, 97 and 2002. It is notable that the two from 94 and 97 were not finally decided until 2002 and 2003 respectively. The 2002 charge was decided in 2002. It is necessary to pull the cases up individually to follow them in mycase. The 94 and 97 ones went to appeals decided in 2002 and 2003, while the 2002 one was seemingly converted to a misdemeanour battery with the residential entry dismissed. I am no expert so this is my interpretation and I haven't followed all the appeal paperwork on the older cases. Second opinion needed therefore.
AJMO

State of Indiana vs. Paul A Etter
79D05-0203-FD-000174
Court
Tippecanoe Superior Court 5
Case Type
FD - Class D Felony
Filed
03/25/2002
Status
06/17/2002, Decided
Charges
Residential Entry, Resisting Law Enforcement, Battery
Parties
State of Indiana, Etter
Attorneys
Gothard
Filed
03/25/2002

79E01-9707-DF-000277
Court
Tippecanoe County Court 1
Case Type
DF - CL D Felony or lesser charge
Filed
06/12/1997
Status
06/26/2003, Decided
Charges
D FELONY
Parties
State of Indiana, Etter
Attorneys
Gothard
Filed
06/12/1997

79E01-9403-CF-000115
Court
Tippecanoe County Court 1
Case Type
CF - Criminal Felony
Filed
01/11/1994
Status
07/14/2003, Decided
Charges
C FELONY
Parties
State of Indiana, Etter
Attorneys
Gothard
Filed
01/11/1994

Upshot is I don't think his DNA will be in CODIS unless he lost his two appeals. He was obviously trying to keep it out of there IMO. Wonder why?

In addition to his 14 criminal and infraction charges he had numerous civil cases too, including a mortgage foreclosure each year from 2008 till 2012. I haven't even looked at the civil charges as they were so numerous.

MOO

Last edited:
Does anyone know why Carroll County LE would request an autopsy report on someone who shot himself? I can understand requesting DNA results, buy why the autopsy? I wonder what that could tell them about the Delphi crimes? Was there something unique to the killer at the CS, or in the audio, or the witness statements, whatever, that might be seen in an autopsy? IDK. Just curious.
Scars from a bite? (uh, somebody already posted this, but I hadn't read that far yet.) So, how about missing the tip of a finger? The GSK wore gloves so LE did not know he was missing part of one finger, when they tried to lift prints. Or something about his feet causing a wear pattern on his shoes, similar to shoe prints found at scene? Even more specific....his dental impressions....maybe he bit one of the victim/s. I think I better stop....I just saw that @mindyourbiscuits also brought up the bite marks....I just got off work and (you, yes you!) great sleuths are all over the autopsy request. Oh heck maybe they just want to find out if he held his weapon with his left or right hand?

Last edited:
Scars from a bite? (uh, somebody already posted this, but I hadn't read that far yet.) So, how about missing the tip of a finger? The GSK wore gloves so LE did not know he was missing part of one finger, when they tried to lift prints. Or something about his feet causing a wear pattern on his shoes, similar to shoe prints found at scene? Even more specific....his dental impressions....maybe he bit one of the victim/s. (I think I better stop.)

This kind of thinking is why I come here. And why I'm no fun at parties.

Has anybody stopped to think he committed this recent act strictly on the fact he was already guilty in the Delphi murders based on looks?

<modsnip - language>

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe this guy and his situation plays a bigger role of what's wrong with life in general. Before he commited this alleged rape and kidnapping he was a suspect LE says. So what does that do to ones mindset? Is there a peep out of this guy criminally as far as recently goes before that accusation?

I'm going to quote somebody who responded to a video and it's quite simply one of the best statements regarding this and other cases.

One of the many many sad things about the Delphi case is it’s been like kicking over a rock and all these low life deviants have come scuttling out as possibilities.Person after dysfunctional person who has made life worse for others has emerged. Just an endless river of scum . What a world

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoney12
Back