IN IN - Paul Raymond Harrod, adult, may have been using false identity, Hamilton County, 27 Nov 1992

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more bit of information... the only thing I can find he messed up... on one document he says his mother's name is Margaret Coletti. The name of the actual mother of the kid who's identity he stole is Mary Eleanor Condon (Harrod). Not sure if this was an intentional mistake or just a slip. He told his wife he was born in IL but from the Brox.

and FamilySearch includes a lot of Margaret Colletti entries!

Including, in the 1940 census, Margaret aged 25 living with husband Raymond, aged 26, with sons Raymond aged 3 and Richard, 1, in New York.

Another arrived in the US in 1946 -- which lines up with "half Italian."

So, was Coletti her married name -- or her maiden name? Are Raymond & Richard aging, and wondering about Baby Brother?

JMHO YMMV

I don't know a thing about enlisted/recruited military. But, if he really was in the military would they have fingerprints? Pics? I know DNA was early then, but maybe they did something with it?
Did she know that he was a cook for the AF for sure or is that just something he had told her?

yes, they would have these records/fingerprints. I guess the question is...do they actually want to find out who he really is? Or where he is.

yes, they would have these records/fingerprints. I guess the question is...do they actually want to find out who he really is? Or where he is.

Apparently, this missing Mr. Harrod is mainly a missing adult. Not much of a crime to duck out on your car loan & your wife, I guess. LE searching for this man does divert resources from other cases, unless/until someone ties him to a more serious crime.

Right up our alley, that's for sure.

Wife waiting months to report him missing??? What's up with that? No one else can say anything meaningful about him?

More pictures, more scraps of information, would help us. If this gentleman was in the Air Force, someone remembers him.

Might try for Margaret Coletti in the 1950 Census later today.

JMHO YMMV LRR

and FamilySearch shows a Paul R. Harrod living in Sheridan, Indiana in 2000-2001.

This PRH was born in 1972 -- was the woman who reported him missing not his first wife???

Also a candidate born in 1942, living in Arcadia, Indiana.

Plenty of Paul Coletti records as well.

Sigh.

upload_2019-3-2_7-30-10.jpeg

Attachments

• C70A4F61-ABB1-4099-AAB9-961F65B8A7D3.jpeg
    C70A4F61-ABB1-4099-AAB9-961F65B8A7D3.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 256
  • 743C256C-69DE-46D0-9893-6C71254653D6.jpeg
    743C256C-69DE-46D0-9893-6C71254653D6.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 275
  • 9AECD02D-8DDD-4104-B568-DD6C8712B664.jpeg
    9AECD02D-8DDD-4104-B568-DD6C8712B664.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 255
  • 1E8D2973-A4FF-4A7C-87D2-2E0F6A7AC5C8.jpeg
    1E8D2973-A4FF-4A7C-87D2-2E0F6A7AC5C8.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 262
and FamilySearch shows a Paul R. Harrod living in Sheridan, Indiana in 2000-2001.

This PRH was born in 1972 -- was the woman who reported him missing not his first wife???

Also a candidate born in 1942, living in Arcadia, Indiana.

Plenty of Paul Coletti records as well.

Sigh.

View attachment 171785
He told his “current wife” he was married to a Diane Rae (unknown last name for sure) in the Kansas or Missouri area... she had trouble remembering. I noted his information showed up in 2000-2001 as well... but it is old and not reliable.

With his wife not very helpful/willing, he obviously has a double/triple life. Who is exactly reporting him "missing" now?

He was reported by the current wife. After being reported, this case was overlooked for about twenty years until it was handed to me... the day it was discovered. So it was never really looked at.

Apparently, this missing Mr. Harrod is mainly a missing adult. Not much of a crime to duck out on your car loan & your wife, I guess. LE searching for this man does divert resources from other cases, unless/until someone ties him to a more serious crime.

Right up our alley, that's for sure.

Wife waiting months to report him missing??? What's up with that? No one else can say anything meaningful about him?

More pictures, more scraps of information, would help us. If this gentleman was in the Air Force, someone remembers him.

Might try for Margaret Coletti in the 1950 Census later today.

JMHO YMMV LRR

The interesting thing is, no one remembers him. Added insurance for his step son about 2 weeks before he left.

Last edited:
I am headed to bed, long two days of searching. Thank everyone for all you have done to this point. I think the alleded ex-wife “Diane Rae (first and middle names) could be something interesting. Marriage/ Divorce decree?? And go!!!

He told his “current wife” he was married to a Diane Rae (unknown last name for sure) in the Kansas or Missouri area... she had trouble remembering. I noted his information showed up in 2000-2001 as well... but it is old and not reliable.

McConnell AFB, Wichita
Whiteman AFB, Knob Noster, MO

SChilling AFB, Salina, closed in the 60's
The closing of Schilling Air Force Base

Richards-Gebaur, Kansas City, MO, closed 1994
Forbes AFB, Topeka KS, closed 1972
Category:Closed Air Force Bases - FortWiki Historic U.S. and Canadian Forts

Found a married Margret Coletti with twin daughters in Fairfax, VA about the right years -- no son yet...no clear Diane Harrod or Diane Coletti yet.

JMHO YMMV

ETA: found Schilling info using Google-Fu

Welcome! It's wonderful to have you here. Would you consider becoming a verified insider? VI's, as we call them, can share information without providing a link and only the owners and administration at Websleuths are privy to your personal information.

Here is more information on the process to become verified:
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

@CyresAres1, have you started the Verified Insider process? Here on WebSleuths, moderators are often quick to delete posts without supporting links, sometimes long threads of information are lost.

If you started, it's the weekend, no worries, and seriously glad to plug away.

Found a possible Margaret Coletti in Chicago, but with newspaper paywalls & subscription-only genealogy sites, I'm frustrated!

Thanks to all, Laughing

The interesting thing is, no one remembers him. Added insurance for his step son about 2 weeks before he left.

BBM

What does this stepson remember? Kids can be observant & intuitive. He may have useful breadcrumbs. Did Mr. Harrod follow a specific college or professional team? Like Mexican restaurants, or pizza, or ???

(I wanna call this guy FPRH. Just sayin'.)

Not likely to get into the Family History Center this week to use their Ancestry subscription.

JMHO YMMV

the high school Harrod listed as attending has no record of a person by that name ever being there

What school did he list? Yearbook available? Paul Coletti enrolled???
Where did he live when he met this Mrs. Harrod?
Was the gas station where she worked between his residence & St. Vincent's? Did he work at St. Vincent's when they met?
How long did they know each other prior to their wedding?
They were married for 1 year to the day when he left?
Her family members remember anything about him?
What is the logo on his leather jacket? Is it really leather?

OH yes I'm full of questions!

Colorado, "Paul?" Are you still there?

(IIRC Benjamin Kyle had memories of Colorado -- turned out to be from Indiana, not far from Sheridan, really. Hmmm!)

JMHO YMMV

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members