Found Safe IN - Phoebe Sickles, 23, Indianapolis, 16 Jun 2021

oh gosh, what a worry!!!

sounds like those friends could be key here. i hope theres a breakthrough soon

We believe the friends know quite a bit more than they have admitted. They never got taken to the police station and questioned. These aren't hardened criminals we're talking about here, they aren't any kind of mafia. They are a bunch of kids Phoebe's age whose worst offense is probably possession at this point, you know? There is one "friend'' in particular we are certain would break if the cops would put a little pressure on them to answer some questions and explain some inconsistencies. Thank you.

I don't understand why LE just presumes she ran away. Sounds like lazy work to me. Or some kind of inside job with the "friends".

I think you and I share a brain on this one. Lol. I kept saying, even if she DID run away at first, how do we know she isn't in danger NOW? Why did they listen to those friends, who changed their stories and outright lied? I get it that parents are often naive and/or blind to the fact that their children aren't perfect angels, but we aren't those parents and we are talking about a very young adult with babies at home who need her. Babies she has NEVER abandoned before, for even one day. Why not at least try to find her so you can lay eyes on her and ask her if she wants help? Why do I see long investigations into the disappearances of other women, but our daughter gets absolutely no consideration? Is she less valuable somehow? It's makes me angry. We love her and desperately want her to come home.

I think the friends told the police that Phoebe ran away. Why the police are going with that, idk.

Someone told the girl who was talking to you to stop talking, imo. Although people ghost people kind of easily these days.

ETA: a private investigator might be your best bet. If the police say they have closed the file, they're not going to find her.

I get that is expensive. Maybe fliers in the area she disappeared?

I think the friends told the police that Phoebe ran away. Why the police are going with that, idk.

Someone told the girl who was talking to you to stop talking, imo. Although people ghost people kind of easily these days.

ETA: a private investigator might be your best bet. If the police say they have closed the file, they're not going to find her.

I get that is expensive. Maybe fliers in the area she disappeared?

Phoebe's grandmother (her mom's mom) hired a HORRIBLE investigator. He was charging her $100/hour to do the stuff we had already done for free. He staked out an empty apartment, for the love of Pete! Ha! The girl who lived there had gotten evicted. But it is a moot point now. See my latest post for the update. Thank you!

UPDATE!!! We have found Phoebe, alive and safe! I appreciate you all so much!

This past Wednesday was 9 weeks since she disappeared. We went from Monday, being convinced that her estranged husband had killed her (I have apologized to him for our suspicions!), to Wednesday, seeing her on police body cam footage at the OD death of some guy, telling cops she is homeless, no one hovering over her to keep her from talking or asking for help, to Thursday, yesterday, finding out she had been arrested on Wednesday for possession of meth and cocaine. It's a matter of public record, thought I'd spare you the web search. Lol. She was supposed to have a hearing today but it got moved to the 24th. We haven't spoken to her or seen her yet, but we are so thankful to know she is alive!

These past 9 weeks have been so horrible. Each day harder to get through than the day before. That's why I haven't been here lately. We had no more clues to add and we were just too broken and depressed. Our first piece of concrete evidence was the body cam footage, which we just received Wednesday. Then he next day, we have the actual Phoebe. We don't know if she wants help or not at this point. I pray that she does. We will be there to help her if that's what she wants, but if she wants to run the streets we will just have to pray for her safety and love her from afar.

Thanks again for all of your care, concern, help, and tips.

We know we are so lucky to have this (so far) happy ending. So many families never get an answer, or they find out their loved one is no longer alive. We have a second chance and intend to make the best of it!

@MamaGigi I am so happy to hear she's safe and sound! Now she can get the help she needs and be reunited to her loving family!! I love a happy ending!!

I just started reading this today. So glad Phoebe has been found safe.

It sounds like she’s going to need a lot of support but from what I’ve read - MamaGigi is more than capable of taking that on. Best of luck to your family. Again, so happy she was found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back