GUILTY IN - Pregnant teller shot in Indy bank robbery, twin babies die, 22 April 2008

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Snowlover77, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Indy Gal

Indy Gal Former Member

http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=8212557

Katherin Shuffield, 30, was shot in the abdomen by the robbery suspect while she worked at the Huntington Bank at 21st and Post Road. She was alert and talking as she was rushed to Methodist Hospital and into surgery. Shuffield is pregnant with twins. While she's in critical, but stable, shooting, police say the unborn twins are doing okay.

She and her family know the Shuffields well, spending a lot of time with Katherin, a native of the country of Peru, and her husband Jason, a landscaper. The couple was excited about starting a family.

2. Indy Gal

Indy Gal Former Member

3. Indy Gal

Indy Gal Former Member

Also this is not a good area of town, drug dealers and such

4. bugaboo

bugaboo New Member

I was leaning toward a husband, or someone hired by the husband, but now it seems like it could have been someone inexperienced, like a teenager. So sad.

5. Jen_in_Indy

Jen_in_Indy Former Member

Where are the survelliance videos? That sketch leaves a little to be desired, dont'cha think?

6. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

lol, I agree, that could be anyone or anything for that matter. Those sunglasses looks like kids glasses, very small. I would be looking into family members of the kids, father, uncle etc. Any updates on the babies/teller?

7. Indy Gal

Indy Gal Former Member

They said last night on the 11 00 news that they were trying to go through it and find a good photo to release. I am off to see if there is anything new, BRB

Here is the video of the news last night

http://www.wthr.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=2411899&h1=Bank%20robbery%20update%2011pm&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=210234&LaunchPageAdTag=News&activePane=info&rnd=80942972

8. Indy Gal

Indy Gal Former Member

dont see it yet, but the FBI is involed now.

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=8207654

Federal investigators called in
    Wendy Osborne with the FBI, who is assisting in the manhunt, says the investigation may include more than one person.

9. Indy Gal

Indy Gal Former Member

10. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Indy. This/these persons need to be taken off the streets.

(I hear you are doing great. Can I ask when you are due?)

11. Indy Gal

Indy Gal Former Member

Due date is June 12th, but have been dialeted to 3 for almost 4 weeks now, and 80% effaced...So really anyday now.

12. Indy Gal

Indy Gal Former Member

13. Indy Gal

Indy Gal Former Member

Katherin Shuffield Benefit Fund
    c/o Huntington Bank, Attn: Main Office Branch
    45 N. Pennsylvania St.
    Indianapolis, IN 46204

14. Indy Gal

Indy Gal Former Member

http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=8214613

"On behalf of our family I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers and concerns regarding Katherin's condition. I would also like to thank all of the law enforcement officials who are working diligently to locate the suspects. We would appreciate the coming forward of anyone with information relevant to the investigation.
    Katherin is currently in critical but stable condition. She is resting and recovering slowly. She is still carrying our twin babies and the staff at Methodist Hospital is monitoring the situation closely as this remains a high-risk pregnancy.
    The rest of Katherin's family lives in the South American country of Peru and we are currently working with the Embassy of the United States in Peru to arrange for Katherin's mother and siblings to obtain visas to come and visit her here in the hospital. We would appreciate any help with this process.
    Katherin's recovery is our top priority right now. Therefore, we will hold off on all media interviews until her condition improves. Until then, we will send daily updates through the public relations staff here at the hospital who will then notify the media when we are ready to participate in the interviews ourselves."

15. KatK

KatK Former Member

Latest news is she and both babies survived, she's still in critical but stable condition though. Those sunglasses look more like swim goggles to me, or retro 80s shades. :waitasec:

16. joe jones

joe jones Well-Known Member

17. SewingDeb

SewingDeb "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

18. IndyLaw

IndyLaw GO ILLINI!

19. Indy Gal

Indy Gal Former Member

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ind_break&ts=T&tmi=ind_break_1_11340704252008

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

INDIANAPOLIS -- Unborn twins a bank teller was carrying when she was shot in a robbery earlier this week have died.

The Marion County Coroner's Office confirmed to 6News' Jack Rinehart early Friday afternoon that Katherin Shuffield's twins died on Thursday night. Shuffield was five months pregnant

20. joe jones

joe jones Well-Known Member

Oh how sad, she must be devastated,

I wonder if this now means the shooter will now be charged with murder, depends on what the Drs say about now viable the foetus were